Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

WHAT THE FUCK

vhlzy.png

isn't there a way to edit an old tweet to make it look like you said something a long time ago? I feel like these issues came up on the boards before

Edit: nvm I did some googling this shit is legit

isn't there a way to edit an old tweet to make it look like you said something a long time ago? I feel like these issues came up on the boards before

You can't edit tweets - the usual cheat is to tweet tonnes of predictions, and delete the ones that don't turn out. This is funny because it's so specific, and something a Lana fan might have come up with at random based on her outlook and other song titles.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

WHAT THE FUCK

vhlzy.png

Time traveling people are among us, this is a sign. Too specific honestly.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Every time I read this thread I admire Lana a few less bc your commentaries are so negative that causes this effect

Sometimes I'm just ok with something, then I enter here and it's "THATS AWFUL" "OMG THIS IS A MESS" and I get "wow... maybe..."

Honestly I'm not even that excited for this album anymore.

"Love" was a great way to start the era and I love the message it has, but everything since then hasn't really been my cup of tea. "Lust for Life" was a nice little song but it sounds kind of generic, the chorus is extremely repetitive and basic, and half the lyrics are completely nonsensical. I can't even begin on C-WIMM (can't even bear to type out the title it's so tragic). This is quite possibly the worst song Lana has ever released in her entire discography. The message is nice and all but it seems so white girl on tumblr having a whinge about how shitty the world is but doing nothing to actually make a difference. Some of the lyrics are just utter garbage, "what about all these children, and all their children's children?"  :toofunny:  Really Lana?? and "I thought it was hella cool to win 'em over, critics can be so mean sometimes" ???  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  SO CRINGY. I cannot believe this song is on the album. It's a disgrace! They better at least have fixed certain elements of the production otherwise I will go right ahead and delete it from my iTunes once again.

"Summer Bummer" is 100% the worst title she has ever used on a released song, and other tracks like "Groupie Love", "In My Feelings", "Get Free", "Change" and "Heroin" are either boring as hell or sound so out of place from this record. And don't even get me started on the other clunky ass titles that take 5 years to type out...

And the best songs we've heard this era, "Best American Record" and "Roses Bloom For You" are nowhere in sight? What the actual hell? #JUSTICEFORBESTAMERICANRECORD #JUSTICEFORROSESBLOOMFORYOU   

And ALSO, where is "Yosemite"???? I was hyped to hear this one considering it was more acoustic but nope.... it's scrapped??

The only songs I'm excited for at this point are "Cherry" and "White Mustang", which sound good, but I mean, even the latter sounds like it has a repetitive as fuck chorus and a tired old BTD 2.0 production.

Hopefully the music will be good. The Stevie Nicks collab is guaranteed to be amazing and hopefully some of the others come through with amazing production and interesting lyrics. I know there's still so much we haven't heard, so it seems a bit premature to be judging the album, but it's hard to be optimistic for an album that so far seems like one big un-cohesive mess with no artistic direction and ugly song titles.

Every time I read this thread I admire Lana a few less bc your commentaries are so negative that causes this effect

Sometimes I'm just ok with something, then I enter here and it's "THATS AWFUL" "OMG THIS IS A MESS" and I get "wow... maybe..."

You described exactly what I've been feeling for a long time.

Do we know the possibility of Heroin being a Velvet Underground cover? It’s almost the last song on the record and Heroin is such an unusual song title and a popular song of his.

Listening to the song I can perfectly hear Lana doing it with her rough blue-ish vocals and it also has this very minimalistic Lana-esque instrumental. We also know she is a huge fan of Lou Reed and he was going to be on Brooklyn Baby so, I hope so. The song is really interesting sonically.

I heard someone saying that the lyrics are too strong for Lana. But when has Lana played it safe? Ultraviolence is full of strong lyricy. “He hit me and it felt like a kiss”, Florida Kilos, Honeymoon. So it wouldn’t be surprising; of course the song would is a tad bit more graphic than her usual stuff but it still wouldn’t be that far from her material imo, plus Lana keeps on outdoing herlself so.

Also people say Heroin has nothing to do with the theme of the album, but I think it has a lot to do with the Lust For Life theme. Drugs enhance experiences and sometimes are the only things that make people happy or enjoy life; from a very depressing point of view, but isn’t that our girl Lana? lol she’s the one selling heart-shaped Coke spoon necklaces on her website and singing about white lines and “White palms, baking powder on the stove
 Cooking up a dream, turning diamonds into snow”

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

I'd laugh if Lana was just scrolling through really old twitter accounts, saw that prediction and decided to name her song Summer Bummer to freak us all out and live up to that creepy witchy aesthetic.

EXPOSED.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e