Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The only true injustice is renaming Yosemite as "Get Free" if they really did that. The song lengths are pretty good, White Mustang being 2:45 is kinda weird but I'm not excited nor looking forward to it anyways so whatever. Bet some of y'all will still be begging for LIB on LDR6... :facepalm:

Edit: Also we already have 70 minutes of new songs so do you really think a deluxe edition is likely lol

Lol the new thing will be begging for Architecture, Roses Bloom For You and Yosemite (if it was indeed scrapped)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

However! For all these people who sit here praising BTD, an album that makes heavy use of hip hop sampling, references, and imagery, to suddenly get their panties in a knot when they're confronted with actual hip hop artists fully embedded in the culture, not filtered through the hand of a white dude named Emilie Haynie? It's not a good look. So I'm not calling Lana out because I do believe Lana to feel some affection for the genre. Her fans who need the blackness of it sanitized are the people I'm side eyeing as of now.

Are you joking or are you actually throwing the racist card? That's the most pathetic thing I've read on the last 100 pages of this thread. "If you have nothing more to say, make it a racial-issue/gender-issue" :dance:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Are you joking or are you actually throwing the racist card? That's the most pathetic thing I've read on the last 100 pages of this thread. "If you have nothing more to say, make it a racial-issue/gender-issue" :dance:

@KillKillQueen actually made a really good point but you missed it completely. No one said anyone was a racist. Ever. Is the appropriation and white washing of hip-hop culture a racial issue? Of course it is. How could it not be? If you deny that you literally know nothing about music and its intersection with culture and society. 

Since I don't like Hip Hop I'm not excited fot the A$AP collabs on the album (I can't stand "Ridin'" too...) but ofc I'll wait until I can listen to the actual tracks before starting to really complain. :) Even if I hate these 2 songs there'll be still be (at least) 14 other songs to enjoy.

What I like about a lot of Lana's songs on BTD, was the sense of rhythm to the tracks. It was so easy to follow, and I liked how she was influenced in a sense of some of her track melodies. She adds a sense of peril to them too, so I'm hoping the A$AP tracks provide that too. 

Well we already sort of knew or got a taste of that in the SB snippet, but I wonder how Groupie Love's gonna sound

I almost forgot! I'm glad "In My Feelings" isn't an interlude, or from what we know, isn't length wise of being an interlude

99xgmWs.gif

UV/Honeymoon

If I were to pick 3 songs i'm most excited to hear it'd be WTWWAWWKD, BPBP and 13 Beaches

Also i'm guessing Yosemite is on their somewhere under a new name cause she went on and on about how she loves it so much

When we first head of the tracklist I was extremely disappointed. Summer Bummer was the worst title I'd ever heard from Lana, while Yosemite and BAR were exluded, Roachella was being put on the album and some of the other titles were clunky and too long. But now I think I'm finally at peace with the tracklist. It's not exactly what I would have wanted (and by the looks of things on here, what many others wanted also), but I mean, 16 tracks is a lot of music, so it's a bit hard to feel completely let down and upset when we are literally getting so much new material.

A lot of us have been so dramatic leading up to this album, and perhaps on many of these occasions, they were justified considering the messy release schedule we've had to deal with and the mismanagement of a whole range of things, but right now, I'm kind of over it all. We are finally getting the album and it's hard for me to believe that there are still people on here whinging about the same things we've been discussing for the last 1629 pages of this thread!! lol

Even though the title for Summer Bummer is extremely ugly in my opinion, the last snippet we got sounds pretty good so I'm not too worried anymore. I'm not completely sure how to feel about there being two A$AP Rocky collabs but I guess I'll reserve my judgment for that until I've heard them both. BAR isn't on the album but at least we got the track in some form anyway. At least we can still go back and listen to it at any moment if we wish. And Yosemite might not be on the album, but we haven't heard it anyway, so it might not have even been that good. Or even better... it might still be on the album, just with a different title. And White Mustang is very short in length, but I'm sure that it will still be an amazing song. I suppose I'd rather it be short and sweet but still sound amazing, than be a boring song that goes on for what feels like hours and drags on for ages.

The only real sin from Lust for Life in my opinion will be if Roachella is still on the album with that messy production. If they can at least rework it a little bit I'm sure I would enjoy it a bit more. I actually love the thematics of it, the melodies are nice and the lyrics, while being a bit poorly phrased, are at least interesting and insightful. I just really hope she has made a few slight altercations to the production of this track and then I'm sure LFL will be an amazing piece overall! 

Anyway I'm super excited for the album and I'm praying we get Cherry as one of the two tracks coming with the pre-order. I keep getting the melody stuck in my head lately and I NEED to hear it in full HQ studio quality!!!

Waaaaait wait wait wait, I just had my breakfast and scrolled through 10+ pages of what I've missed and now it's more or less confirmed that the leaked track list IS true?? I had just started to believe it was fake! I still don't like the titles of so many songs honestly. :crossed: I guess BGA's full name can be BGAAATBWII but it's just too long to say during interviews (which made us think it's only BGA), but c'mon... WHERE'S YOSEMITE?? Lana's favorite track?? WHERE?? The only thing that keeps me believing that it's still fake is because Yosemite isn't included in the track list. Yes, I know I'm one of those delusional and annoying fans right now but... I can't possibly imagine Lana changing the name of her favorite track, a song she's talked about in pretty much all interviews. Even if they were done months ago! I can't ever imagine her doing that.

And all these info about how long the songs are going to be... I suppose this Eclipse you're all talking about couldn't make it up since we also can check the info... ugh.

Have a good day everyone, I'll be back later...

Bod Gless America? Bless God America?

i just hope Get Free is Yosemite, she will not take away my hyped holy trinity of LfL songs: Yosemite + Change + White Mustang :krylie:

also im excited for waw (i am not spelling out that long ass bullshit acronym from this day forward its world at war), 13 beaches, and im intrigued by Heroin and SB, couldn't care less right now for in my feelings, roachella, and cherry* though :creep:

*crucify me, shes cute but on god sounds like a UV outtake but with big ass drums

also every era I see people jump ship to quickly snag a trackname when the tracklist gets revealed, but i see barely anybody doing that besides @@@LfL, LOVE, n Yosemite; really says somethin about the general consensus :dmd: