Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

@KillKillQueen actually made a really good point but you missed it completely. No one said anyone was a racist. Ever. Is the appropriation and white washing of hip-hop culture a racial issue? Of course it is. How could it not be? If you deny that you literally know nothing about music and its intersection with culture and society. 

Yeah it's definitly the biggest racial problem that people who are not black are usibg hip-hop beats :toofunny: pack up your SJW-shit amd make place for people who are fighting actual racism-issues. "White washing of hip-hop music" kind of ruins the whole concept of music - that it should unite people and be a form of art. Music is attached to culture but it's not exclusive. Stop acting as if you'd be politically WOKE if all you do is nitpicking sh*t and putting label on people.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

But wheres Dahlia featuring Manoonoo and the Diapers?

people threw that shit out the instant it came through, it was poorly made and excluded major known producers, although i kinda wanna compare tracks now

edit: nope, they're still absolute shit- but you know what it has that this tracklist doesnt? fucking. yosemite. and. architecture. :toofunny:

(here's the tracks named that at the time we didnt know, obviously fake)

-born again

-drive

-nightshade

-dahlia ft marina

-smoke and mirrors ft stevie

-pin curls

-blue skies

-trauma (?)

deluxe tracks

-pink moon

Yeah it's definitly the biggest racial problem that people who are not black are usibg hip-hop beats :toofunny: pack up your SJW-shit amd make place for people who are fighting actual racism-issues. "White washing of hip-hop music" kind of ruins the whole concept of music - that it should unite people and be a form of art. Music is attached to culture but it's not exclusive. Stop acting as if you'd be politically WOKE if all you do is nitpicking sh*t and putting label on people.

I don't agree with you but I don't have the English vocabulary to have a sincere discussion on this point. But I do think that this person wasn't having a problem with (white) people using hip hop beats but rather people NOT having a problem with white people using hip hop beats but DO have a problem when there are actually black hip hop rappers on a record.

Yes and the fact that people already dislike the tracks without even hearing them, just because we have some black rappers on it. At least hear the songs before you gonna judge.

Nnnn it's not about them being black, it's about them rapping. Meltdowns would be the same if Eminem or G-Eazy were featured

Whatever, I do like some songs shich have rap features in it so Lana come through and serve me bops

The Insta snippet sounded good so far so Im gonna be optimistic

And am I the only one whos excited for Change? I can't get the "lately Ive been thinking its just someone elses job to care" part out of my head :defeated:

image.png

I feel as if this whole shit started with me just because I said I wasnt happy with a collab.

To put it plain and simple, I prefer folk/rock/alternative because I do think that type of music is better and no, I don't care how stuck up that makes me sound. I think Lana did terrific jobs on songs such as Summer Wine, Chelsea Hotel No.2 etc. So is it so fucking wrong for me to want her to go in that direction once again? No.

However, I can also appreciate hip hop too. I've bopped to 'Ridin', I've bopped to Eminem etc. So don't make me out to be someone narrow minded music listener purely because of the fact that I would have preferred different collabs. I swear some of you make mountains out of molehills, and it's pretty damn childish. Just accept that people have different tastes and stop getting your panties in a twist.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I feel as if this whole shit started with me just because I said I wasnt happy with a collab.

To put it plain and simple, I prefer folk/rock/alternative because I do think that type of music is better and no, I don't care how stuck up that makes me sound. I think Lana did terrific jobs on songs such as Summer Wine, Chelsea Hotel No.2 etc. So is it so fucking wrong for me to want her to go in that direction once again? No.

However, I can also appreciate hip hop too. I've bopped to 'Ridin', I've bopped to Eminem etc. So don't make me out to be someone narrow minded music listener purely because of the fact that I would have preferred different collabs. I swear some of you make mountains out of molehills, and it's pretty damn childish. Just accept that people have different tastes and stop getting your panties in a twist.

I know right. It's like you can't even express opinions here, and these people will be poking fun at the gays or whatever for having a different opinion.

nF70D0F.png

Im only half joking really. Like i mean it, but im not actually mad, im just being a bitch.

LMAO not y'all being mad at these titles again. Because titles like Fucked My Way Up To The Top (Imagine again what it was like to see that track title for the first time, this shit is ridiculous) and Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer heaven)  :bye2:  are any different. 

I'm really looking forward to hearing 13 beaches actually. I'm so intrigued by that title. I'm amazed by how long it is, it's almost 5 minutes long and i thought it'd be quite a short track so that surprised me.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

xRmVJ_f-maxage-0.gif

tumblr_nk1cccaf3J1rvaapeo3_400.gif

tumblr_momrbudpTE1sryn1no2_500.gif

tumblr_nk5bgeRcG81u9b0quo1_500.gif

Lana - "I'd give it all away if you give me just one day to ask him one question"

God -

tumblr_inline_mo2ru9qoe41qddlmh.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

all i dreamed in my life was a stevie nicks and lana del rey collab

i cried a lot when i found about it

yea

Bless your pure soul

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

xRmVJ_f-maxage-0.gif

tumblr_nk1cccaf3J1rvaapeo3_400.gif

tumblr_momrbudpTE1sryn1no2_500.gif

tumblr_nk5bgeRcG81u9b0quo1_500.gif

Lana - "I'd give it all away if you give me just one day to ask him one question"

God -

tumblr_inline_mo2ru9qoe41qddlmh.gif

This legit made my day  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

yFSfc8m.jpg

The only thing giving me hope for "Heroin" is that maybe it's a really deep song or maybe she won't actually even say "heroin" in the song at all. Like how sometimes she doesn't say the song titles in the actual song ex. Cruel world. Other than that I can't complain about anything else with the album, I'm super excited and I can't wait!

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

It would be really cool if Lana covered Heroin or any other VU/Lou Reed song. I agree that Coney Island Baby would be amazing and I could also see All Tomorrows Parties working really well. Actually, Lana has always reminded me a bit of Nico. My dream cover is this song:

I would kill to hear Lana sing these lyrics:

""My heart is empty

But the songs I sing
Are filled with love for you"
A man said that to me
That's how I know"

I AM MY ONLY GOD