Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

In My Feelings isn't that exciting to me. It has that guy shouting "YUH!!" in the background that she used so much in BTD and I don't really think it fits on LFL. (Idk how to explain that noise any better)

I'm an ungrateful kunt. I purchased the autographed vinyl in time and then realized I needed to spend my money better so I tried to cancel it but it didn't work and now I'm so thankful.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

in my meanings is surprisingly GOOD  :defeated:

the first half has that dark vibe with a hint of hiphop influence like UV and BTD have a baby

and the second half of the album sounds so beautiful like HM and AKA are merged together   :defeated:

giphy.gif

Not as excited for the first half (except for Love) since the melodies, subject matter and lyrics are what we've all heard before from her past work.

However the second half of the album...  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: I'm still sad the Shangri-La girl group influences went away. The opening 30 seconds of Lust for Life was the only good thing about that song :toofunny:  :toofunny: .

Still holding out hope though that LDR6 finally brings back the live drums & narco swing backdropping Lana's newfound witchy lust for a full-automated luxury gay space communism that abolishes all forms of capitalist paid work & an equal distribution of leisure time and socially necessary unpaid labour responsibilities across all genders, class and race  :thankyou:  .

dreaming away your life...

Alright, who the hell thought In My Feelings would be the track I'm so excited for?!? OMG that song sounds amazing.

I think the drastic change from the faster, harder beats section (first 8 tracks) to the more politically charged and guitar driven section (tracks 9-16) almost feels deliberate. I would definitely say the record is divided (I think intentionally), but not disconnected. There is a difference.

I honestly think "Love" was meant to set the mood for the album overall. It has the guitar, but it has the "wall of sound" hip-hop to it, as well. And then, from "Lust for Life" to "Coachella", it really is like a stretch of sexy, summer-driven hip-hop tracks and ends on a positive track that is political - and then, we get all the guitars, and the veteran folk singers (or related to them) rather than the contemporary artists that feature in the first half. I think it's very intentional that the last half is going to have a Woodstock-vibe, only through some of the familiar hip-hop additions that modernize classic sounds. "Tomorrow Never Came" sounds very 1967-71 rock. Definitely see where she's connecting the "two generations", and why she probably feels kids looking into vintage music may find it denser if they understand that history is sort of repeating itself through the anxiety of the current political American heat. It's exactly what she said she wanted to do with the album, and her chronology of the tracks seems to really suit that concept. Even at around the half-point of the album, if you count "Love" as just the intro/combination of the two sounds, and "Coachella" the track that moves the hip-hop into its poltical, folk-driven side.

Lana still doing concept, for sure. 

A SORT OF CHART (lol):

INTRODUCTION (folk guitar strings open the album, but blends into spacey, "wall-to-wall" hip-hop noises)

01. Love

SEXY, SUMMER-Y, HIP-HOP ("wall-to-wall" hip-hop noises)

02. Lust for Life

03. 13 Beaches

04. Cherry

05. White Mustang

06. Summer Bummer

07. Groupie Love

08. In My Feelings

THE BRIDGE (a more stripped back hip-hop beat, letting the album kind of cool off a bit before getting more poltically-minded)

09. Coachella..

POLITICAL "GANGSTA" FOLKY-Y ("wall-to-wall" hip-hop noises, but more laid back, with heavier guitar and folk featured artists)

10. God Bless America..

11. When the War Was at War...

12. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems

13. Tomorrow Never Came

14. Heroin

15. Change

16. Get Free

It's like she takes us from "Coachella" to "Woodstock" by using that track as a bridge. As I predicted, the song works in concept of the album; but releasing it as a single is bizarre. From what we have in the snippets, this album seems to be very well-thought out. 

I hope we get more music videos, and is it just me or is this like the best part of the era? We got a whole bunch of tea with the two new songs and snippet and we'll be getting the whole album next week...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

i'm so mad & sad that the autographed LFL stuff are sold out now

like why the hell i didn't come earlier.. ugh!!!!

Me too! I was looking in all the wrong places (her website and the merch store). Then work got in the way and by the time I found the preorders, they were gone.

I cried.

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30971-1333723027-6.gif

Anyone else think that the "fuck" in Cherry is kind of unnecessary :eek: I'm all for Lana cursing but it kind of feels out of place there lol

I have mixed feelings about it too. Like I love it but it also reminds me of a meme video :rip:

Anyone else think that the "fuck" in Cherry is kind of unnecessary  :eek: I'm all for Lana cursing but it kind of feels out of place there lol

Agreed

I have mixed feelings about it too. It reminds me of a meme video :rip:

THIS

i would suck dick for a signed vinyl

goddamnit why couldnt i have stayed here and rotted with yall while i was gettin my teeth jushed and the dentist uuggGHHH

e: also im still sooooooo fuckin in love w my sig its the best to date

Finally I caught up  :mj3:

These snippets were enough for me, if a leak were to happen, I could definetely wait for the 21st without listening to it.

Also I don't think I've ruined my first listen with these snippets, having heard the snippets and the singles, there are still aproximately 41:33 minutes remaining of the album, and that's a pretty decent length for an album (like Melodrama with 40:58 or AM with 41:43)

Okay since everyone is doing it I'll post my most anticipated tracks:

-Tomorrow Never Came (y'all are right; this is so influenced by the Beatles and I LIVE. I can't wait for Sean's part, his voice is so similar to his dad's voice)

-Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (I wanted this to sound like a mix between Brooklyn Baby and Rhiannon, but it seems we'll be getting something better  :creep: )

-When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing (This doesn't sound as dark as Lana said it would be but we've heard like 30 seconds so we'll have to wait)

-Get Free (Seems like a good closer. It's kind of the same vibe of Heroin and Change so it will be a killer trio)

-In My Feelings (I did NOT expect this bop  :deadbanana: )

I wanna make it clear that I'm already over the fact that Architecture and Yosemite are not on this, but it would have been so nice if they were the closers, being the tracks 17 and 18 respectively, or, the ones that are right after 13 Beaches. Anyway, yesterday I was disappointed over those two being left out but this is going to work out well, she made the tracklist with a flawless order, everything flows nicely. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I have mixed feelings about it too. Like I love it but it also reminds me of a meme video  :rip:

It fits in concept of the album's "sexy, summer-y" side. It's said in a very "sexy/sparky" tone right before the chorus. So I think that makes us re-analyze the actual chorus. We now know what the "cherry" of the title means, and also the euphemism of "peaches" and the other food metaphors. Ending on "ruined peaches" is amazing, especially after a song that opens with a peach metaphor. I think she's saying the rush of sex is enough for her, but it comes off a little self-destructive sometimes, as well. Great storytelling.