Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

But the fact of the matter is that it was still intended as the lead, so it doesn't matter how much of a commercial impact it makes - this doesn't change. Even still, love is more successful and radio friendly than a lot of her other singles. It is still a major single.

But definitely not compared to other singles around the time of release and probably won't outsell anything that may be upcoming like her weeknd collab.

First single =/= major or defining.

But definitely not compared to other singles around the time of release and probably won't outsell anything that may be upcoming like her weeknd collab.

First single =/= major or defining.

But the debate was whether Love was the lead single. Which it remains to be, despite commercial performance.

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

But the debate was whether Love was the lead single. Which it remains to be, despite commercial performance.

Can any of us really comment before we see the next singles/promotion/album promotion? js

This is always the most agonizing part of a pre-release... not knowing the release date, not knowing how long to wait till the album drops? Like all we can do is make wild guesses and worry... I just want to know when Lust For Life will be in my life Lana pls   :icant:  :sadcore6:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Can any of us really comment before we see the next singles/promotion/album promotion? js

About love being the lead? I'm fairly certain we can. Lana doesn't ever release buzz singles before the lead, with the exception of blue velvet which was for the H&M campaign anyway. It's all straightforward with her. And she even said it was the "perfect lead" anyway so

OT: very very very on edge to see what new sounds she delivers to us with the next single, I need a new song and visual asap

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I do have a feeling LFL will be the best Lana album ever. Which is hard to admit cause Paradise was unbelievably breathtaking and my all time fave album. But I have a lot of confidence in LFL.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I do have a feeling LFL will be the best Lana album ever. Which is hard to admit cause Paradise was unbelievably breathtaking and my all time fave album. But I have a lot of confidence in LFL.

I just want to see how it does critically. Her album's collective scores have always out-done one another, so this could either go up or be her downfall. And she's had it really good for a long time. She has to fall short st some point.

If the record company  is actually going for a hit single in the USA, it may be 30-45 weeks before one would get another single as the focus will be on the one song.

In the US, to break a song airplay wise takes months and months as it starts solely due to digital, and then goes from speciality charts cascading to the Hot 100 based on airplay

(not saying they will, but if they did, they would playing this as a "50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with the hit "Love" as in All you need is love. And it could happen organically,

it does not necessarily need Ryan Seacrest to play it week one or week 20...it might happen week 45

Why are kids in such a rush?

Being in a rush only means one is one day away from being bored that after everything is released, there is nothing new if one is one of those always in a rush.

Life is a marathon.

Or as Harry Chapin said in concert when fans yelled out "Sing 30,000 pounds of bananas, he said back it's like sex...one doesn't have their orgasm the first second and then the rest"

and continued with his 3 hour show and sang Bananas as the second to last song before going into the audience or the booth and signing autographs and taking photos for the next 2 hours

after each show (and that was back in the 70s/early 80s before he tragically died in an auto accident, because he was a regular person in a little Volkswagen beetle and didn't take a limo

(or a Taxi) but drove all by himself.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I agree that this thread is for guessing and speculation, but people sometimes treat the way hm and uv were handled as exact sciences that will be precisely replicated for LFL and obviously she is doing things very differently this time around. We can speculate our hearts out but there's really no way to accurately predict

If the record company  is actually going for a hit single in the USA, it may be 30-45 weeks before one would get another single as the focus will be on the one song.

In the US, to break a song airplay wise takes months and months as it starts solely due to digital, and then goes from speciality charts cascading to the Hot 100 based on airplay

(not saying they will, but if they did, they would playing this as a "50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with the hit "Love" as in All you need is love. And it could happen organically,

it does not necessarily need Ryan Seacrest to play it week one or week 20...it might happen week 45

Why are kids in such a rush?

Being in a rush only means one is one day away from being bored that after everything is released, there is nothing new if one is one of those always in a rush.

Life is a marathon.

Or as Harry Chapin said in concert when fans yelled out "Sing 30,000 pounds of bananas, he said back it's like sex...one doesn't have their orgasm the first second and then the rest"

and continued with his 3 hour show and sang Bananas as the second to last song before going into the audience or the booth and signing autographs and taking photos for the next 2 hours

after each show (and that was back in the 70s/early 80s before he tragically died in an auto accident, because he was a regular person in a little Volkswagen beetle and didn't take a limo

(or a Taxi) but drove all by himself.)

Did anyone else see this or did I dream it?

I swear u read my mind haha