Sign in to follow this  
What is your favorite UV outtake? (poll)

Fav UV outtake  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite outtake from Ultraviolence?

• Your GirI
    • Fine China
    • Say Yes To Heaven
    • AFFA

For me both "Thy Woman" & "Fine China" are on the number 1 spot. I feel that it's unfair to compare them cuz they are sonically quite different and of different genres.

"Fine China" is an aching mournful ballad about being left at the altar. Very crisp and melodically beautiful with melliflous vocals. It's heavenly and really calms me down. Though the topic of the song is quite bitter but the way she processes her emotional state upon coming to terms with the fact that her "husband to be" left her at the altar and her acceptance of the death of her relationship is quite commendable.

"Thy Woman" has this aggressive haunting tone that shakes your soul up from slumber and delivers it straight to a haunted mansion where the ghost of Lana Del Rey keeps trying to seduce her ex lover who is still alive. A haunting seductive tale of a ghostly lover who refuses to leave her ex's side and keeps asking him to call upon her spirit late at night (3 AM) :illumilana: It's quite a departure sonically from the rest of her songs.

"Yes to Heaven" is sonically gorgeous but lyrically it left me unsatisfied. I feel like it's incomplete somehow.

yes to heaven doesn't deserve this :crossed: i like that angels forever wasn't on the album i think it's more special w the untouchable 5 as kind of a fan thing, plus i like it more w the paradise era than i do uv so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UbsOye5.png