Sitar

Rank Lana's Title Tracks

btd (literally no other lana title track will ever compare, iconic) > honeymoon > ultraviolence > lust for life

honestly lust for life sounds so strange and messy compared to the others

pNjWdpc.png

UV > BTD > LFL > HM

Ultraviolence was THAT song in which Lana had utilized her talents completely. It's untouchable and incomparable. It was like Lana squeezed up every lemon that life had served her so far and made the best damn lemonade which upon drinking made us all "Cry Tears of Gold like Lemonade". That song is a blessing of which none of us were worthy. It is just magical, ethereal and otherworldly and I wish she had created a proper video for it. I feel like Lana can never top UV.

Honeymoon > Born To Die > Ultraviolence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lust For Life

Honeymoon is just such a wonderful, beautiful song, I think it's the most magic itle track she's ever done, especially since it could have just been a stand-alone song without an album and still shine in it's full beauty. I love the escapism-topic, I love the verses and I love how it's crafted in a musical way.

Born To Die has all the elements the album had (dramatic vocal delivery, lyrics about tragic love and bad boys, walls of violins with a few guitar strings peaking out here and there, bold hip hop beats and he Emile-samples). It's pretty iconic and it was created to be THE Lana Del Rey anthem. 

Ultraviolence is a great song and I love how it mixes up the more classic Lana sound with the UV rock vibes. Her voice sounds so Siren-esque and I love how low-fi it is. However, even though it clearly IS a title track and was basically made to be one, it's not as outstanding as BtD or HM.

Lust For Life, apart form being a generic, basic and forgetable pop track, does not sound like a title song at all. It#s single material for the GP and it makes the album seem like it was just randomly named after one of the singles.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!