Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Isn't kinda ironic the mexican-style guitar in the intro of God bless AMERICA?

Being that there are over 40 million native-Spanish speaking people in the U.S......... no, it's not really that ironic  :P

Edit: on second thought, maybe it's a "fuck you" to the racists of the U.S. but I don't think it's that deep lol

Well you're mexican so you know better but I think it was added intentionally

It would make more sense if the intro had tubas or trumpets idk (are those even instruments that would give the song a more patriotic sound to the Americans?) Anyway, the guitar sounds nice so whatever lol

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Being that there are over 40 million native-Spanish speaking people in the U.S......... no, it's not really that ironic :P

Edit: on second thought, maybe it's a "fuck you" to the racists of the U.S. but I don't think it's that deep lol

Yes maybe it'dumb but I thought about US and Mexico and the wall which Trump wanted to build..that's why I said ironic

Edit:I think she just did it to imply that it's also an element or the American culture

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

my rank for the album after having it for a bit more than a month

GOD BLESS AMERICA - AND ALL THE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN IT

HEROIN

WHEN THE WORLD WAS AT WAR WE KEPT DANCING

CHERRY

WHITE MUSTANG

TOMORROW NEVER CAME (FEAT. SEAN ONO LENNON)

LUST FOR LIFE (FEAT. THE WEEKND)

SUMMER BUMMER (FEAT. A$AP ROCKY & PLAYBOI CARTI)

LOVE

IN MY FEELINGS

GROUPIE LOVE (FEAT. A$AP ROCKY)

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE BEAUTIFUL PROBLEMS (FEAT. STEVIE NICKS)

13 BEACHES

CHANGE

GET FREE

COACHELLA - WOODSTOCK IN MY MIND

Honestly, if she goes on a tour next year, I'm hoping for more than 16 songs. I know, I know, it's a lot but 13-14 songs feels too little and standing on stage for just one hour feels too short too. Especially if the tickets are pricey. But I guess they can't go on forever in case 1) fans start to faint because of all the pushing at the front and 2) too long shows might tire her vocal chords (folds?) if she's doing them night after night.

Lana, please practice your singing a lot before this tour and be prepared to sing a lot. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Honestly, if she goes on a tour next year, I'm hoping for more than 16 songs. I know, I know, it's a lot but 13-14 songs feels too little and standing on stage for just one hour feels too short too. Especially if the tickets are pricey. 

True. Twenty songs shouldn't be too much to ask, other artists manage that too. Especially if you keep in mind that Lana really doesn't do much (besides singing, obviously) when she's on stage.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

no, lol it's Lana. she speaks spanish in how many of her songs? lol

it's not like America didn't steal everyone's culture anyway lol

Honestly, if she goes on a tour next year, I'm hoping for more than 16 songs. I know, I know, it's a lot but 13-14 songs feels too little and standing on stage for just one hour feels too short too. Especially if the tickets are pricey. But I guess they can't go on forever in case 1) fans start to faint because of all the pushing at the front and 2) too long shows might tire her vocal chords (folds?) if she's doing them night after night.

Lana, please practice your singing a lot before this tour and be prepared to sing a lot. :(

ummmmmmm doesn't matter how long she can sing for...you know how hot those god damn lights are?!?!?!?! SHE'D faint lololol

~INSTA1.gif

no, lol it's Lana. she speaks spanish in how many of her songs? lol

it's not like America didn't steal everyone's culture anyway lol

Also, I'm pretty sure the guitar style was inspired by the Eagles, which is an American band from Los Angeles. And we know there's a big Hispanic influence in LA.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure the guitar style was inspired by the Eagles, which is an American band from Los Angeles. And we know there's a big Hispanic influence in LA.

100% true.

tbh i always skip that song.

i'm currently obsessed with 13 Beaches, Heroin, and White Mustang so I basically have those on repeat rn lol.

~INSTA1.gif

maybe she meant America as America the continent? Or just to make racist mad idk.

???, ?????????

pretty sure its a spanish guitar not a mexican guitar. Spanish is taking over the US as a language so i guess it fits lol

[despacito kicks in instead of gba]

also Mexican/Latin Americans (of all races) are an integral part of US culture (which Trump neglects to see), especially in the Southwest

don't hurt me but I never listen to tomorrow never came. maybe I'll enjoy it one day, but I just can't get into it and I don't know why considering when I heard the snippet in the sample I was in love with it :/

That's okay sis, we all know it's not her best work.

whatgiftoday.tumblr.com.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Greetings!  I haven't posted here in ages.  I have listened to "Lust for Life" and I like most of the songs.

I wondered if anyone else caught some of the references to other songs in hers.  For example:

"Love" -- she says "Don't Worry Baby" several times, perhaps a reference to the Beach Boys song of that name?

"Cherry" -- several occurrences of "Rosemary and Thyme," possibly a nod to Simon and Garfunkel "Scarborough Fair" (the words "Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme")

"Coachella" -- the words "Stairway to Heaven" come up during the chorus; possibly an homage to Led Zeppelin?

"Tomorrow Never Comes" -- this one has a couple.  I heard "Tiny Dancer" a few times (Elton John song), as well as what sounded like "Lay Lady Lay" (Bob Dylan)

Any others? :)

When is the world tour?

Also, can someone tell me who that singer was that makes similar music to Lana? Some of you guys and Elle were mentioning her a while back

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

maybe she meant America as America the continent? Or just to make racist mad idk.

That's what I always pretend when I listen to it because I can't feel any kind of connection to it. Maybe that's why it's my 2nd least favorite after Coachella.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif