Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I don't know... I just hate the melody of the chorus, which rarely happens with Lana. Of course the production could be way better but I don't think it could be a GOOD song in any case... Like I don't even think it could not be the worst song on LFL

I remember when Coahella came out and we were all hoping it wasn't on the album...then it did end up on the album. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I remember hating it on my first listening

and then a few days later I read that Universal Poland had written that it wasn't on the record, and I suddenly regretted hating it so much because it wasn't even on the album and it was just an innocent song that didn't want to hurt anyone and got unnecessary hate when Lana only wanted to share us a new song she was proud of

and then I saw the tracklist and I went back to bashing it

I think that I wouldn't hate Coachella that much if I wasn't on LB lol

I don't remember hating the production before I joined LB though... I always hated the lyrics and melody but the production didn't shock me at the time

Imagine how amazing her songs would be if she didn't use vocal effects/filters/whatever they're called.

Her voice would sound so good if they didn't try to make it sound vintage-y, especially on songs with HQ instrumentals like LFL and Groupie Love.

I hated Coachella the second i heard it, the production was honestly shocking. It sounds so so so so cheap i can't even

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I remember when Coahella came out and we were all hoping it wasn't on the album...then it did end up on the album. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

That stupid polish music store lied to us about two important things: Coachella not being included and the cover being changed to a new one (I think they also lied to us about this if I'm not wrong). 

Looking back, it was common sense. If it was released during the pre release phase of the album, of course it was going to be in it :defeated:

I did like the Coachella acapella snippet. I pictured it with a similar production like Love or Pawn Shop Blues, I don't know, something more decent. I have to admit that when Coachella came out, I was kinda glad she was testing other types of music, but it seems like Coachella is the opposite of a grower. Mess.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I know, I can't imagine what it would sound like! Too heavenly! I just really really want her to sing for a Bond movie once in her life!  :icant: I bet the Bond producers think all Lana sings about is daddies and drugs and won't even consider her to do one.  :pft:  But I know she'd do a great song for it. :whatever:

But James Bond is supposed to be the slick, suave daddy that's the thing.  :dafuq:  (The world is) truly missing out  :lush:

UV/Honeymoon

I heard Coachella before joining here and before I read any opinions on twitter. And I appreciated the lyrics because, once again, it sounded like something written in a diary. Although it kinda felt like she tried to say so much in the verses which she usually doesn't.
But I remember that I was disappointed with the instrumentals, it sounded undone with the trap beats and too rushed somehow. And the weird background noise which I can't really describe... you know, that sound which never ends but just goes up or down a note? Do you know what I mean? Anyway, it sounded like a demo to me, like as if they put it there until they found the right instrument to use instead (like a bass or strings instead).
And no, I still don't like it very much but I think the sound suit the rest of the album now that I've heard it all. I think it's placed perfectly after In My Feelings, right after the last tune of it. It works good when Coachella starts.
So I have to admit that I like it more now than I did at the beginning, but it's still not great. :crossed:

Edit: Omg, so many auto correct spellings here, I should read it all through before posting.  :facepalm:  It's fixed now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don't know... I just hate the melody of the chorus, which rarely happens with Lana. Of course the production could be way better but I don't think it could be a GOOD song in any case... Like I don't even think it could not be the worst song on LFL

"to the top of it" makes me want to fucking SCREAM. She should've left it as "To the top" and kinda extended her vocals on the word top

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

That stupid polish music store lied to us about two important things: Coachella not being included and the cover being changed to a new one (I think they also lied to us about this if I'm not wrong). 

i dmd the store the day these twitter stans were talking about a new album cover the store said they don't have any information about any cover change but ofc no one cared bc it's less exciting than update accounts on twitter.

i76mrxw.png 

I hate to ask this but I haven't been on much: have there been any hints or indication as to when the White Mustang video is coming?

lmao

soon  :creep:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

soon  :creep:

ok first of all how dare you.

I no longer would want Lana to do the James Bond theme, because in a trump World

James Bond is misogynist and abusive to women.

It's a new world now

and Lana should be Bond, not be subservient to Bond.

The next Bond should not be male.

Would more hope for a Maleficent 2 soundtrack brand new song 

even more so, a brand new animated film doing the whole score.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp