Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

i hope she scraps Yosemite forever and releases a song called Yellowstone

I just want to hear Yosemite so everyone here can finally shut the fuck up about it.

Im making a Lana tour poster.

Y’all have been asking for Yosemite so much that you forgot about life is beautiful

and honestly. I'd have Roses Bloom For You over Yo-see-my-titty ANY day .

sis let yosemite die already for all we know it could suck and also, about that TNC collab... how about you being the trash and Yosemite being the trash can? Sounds perfectly fitting to me! 

anigif_enhanced-30695-1397506173-5.gif

im-feeling-very-attacked.gif 

tenor.gif?itemid=5499091

sis let yosemite die already for all we know it could suck and also, about that TNC collab... how about you being the trash and Yosemite being the trash can? Sounds perfectly fitting to me! 

anigif_enhanced-30695-1397506173-5.gif

kQ8XpIQ.gif

???, ?????????

Yes ma'am

So this is my full opinion on the song. Lust For Life has some GOOD lyrics. It's empowering and I admire Lana for putting something out there so different to what she's done before. I do think it's more stylish than Love, but still I did not go crazy over it for several reasons. Abels voice is nice but this song did not bring out good parts of it, other than 'he can sing like a girl' (which I cant even do, being a female, so props to him really). I don't even think it brought out the positives of Lana's voice. Don't get me wrong, the deep half-talking in the verses is sexy and alluring and I love it, but from the bridge it kind of loses me. I think she could have experimented more with how she sung the bridge and chorus of this song tbh. It sounds 'generic', and too boring-pop for me. Maybe others had this opinion too, I'm not sure, I never asked. I just knew most of us were not so crazy about it. 

The greatness and superiority of the instrumental cannot be appreciated until the vocals are completely removed... It sounds very sci-fi and fantasy without vocals, and like someone (was it @?) said "like stars twinkling", which you just CANNOT hear when there's vocals. so when the instrumental was leaked I had a whole new appreciation of the song. I think, to be REAL... If Lana had done something a bit more exciting in the bridge and chorus of this song it could be my favourite on LFL, and a well-worth-it title track. Cause lets be honest. its forgettable...

As for the music video, I think if it was a better song the music video would be appreciated more. Perhaps if Abel had a more subtle role in this song, like Lana did for Party Monster? Cause even for remixes, Abels voice can't be edited out...

ok bye  :runs:

The song's cute, but I don't really listen to it that often.

As for the video :um3:

it could have been way better. There are some nice scenes in it, but it's pretty forgettable especially considering some of her other mv's.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Hoping this tour and merch truly defines this Era because currently I think we all are like "damn I want the original lust for life or all these unreleased tracks". The White Mustang video although it was nice seeing her tower over a man didn't live up to the hype to me but cherry, get free, heroin and 13 beaches are the songs I want videos for 

I love this @@vodkaa, i'll keep it short tho. 

the song is cute and the instrumental is gorgeous on its own but I still think Lana and Abel should have been capable of coming up with better, at least in terms of execution. I still don't fully understand what she wanted to convey in this track, since in the video she seems to put down a black notebook before getting up and dance with death/the edge lord/the weeknd, anyway if this wasn't the title track and if lana had made more videos I would like it more. Lana and Abel singing in a high register is something of a  :um3:  :pft: for me, i prefer her spoken word and his "secrets" voice. 

I love this @@vodkaa, i'll keep it short tho. 

the song is cute and the instrumental is gorgeous on its own but I still think Lana and Abel should have been capable of coming up with better, at least in terms of execution. I still don't fully understand what she wanted to convey in this track, since in the video she seems to put down a black notebook before getting up and dance with death/the edge lord/the weeknd, anyway if this wasn't the title track and if lana had made more videos I would like it more. Lana and Abel singing in a high register is something of a  :um3:  :pft: for me, i prefer her spoken word and his "secrets" voice. 

!!!!! THIS! basically what i tried to say in 5 times as many words  :lmao:

!!!!! THIS! basically what i tried to say in 5 times as many words  :lmao:

if it wasn't for you sis, doing the god's work and already saying what i thought, i would have probably written an essay  :rollin: i have to constantly practice restraint 

Hoping this tour and merch truly defines this Era because currently I think we all are like "damn I want the original lust for life or all these unreleased tracks". The White Mustang video although it was nice seeing her tower over a man didn't live up to the hype to me but cherry, get free, heroin and 13 beaches are the songs I want videos for 

Whew, I love taste  :gclap:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Ok so here's the Bass Boosted Cherry. But I'm not sure what you all are listening on and didn't want to break your headphones or whatever. So I made two versions.

Normal bass boost : http://picosong.com/wn9VH

Hella Bass Boost: http://picosong.com/wn9XE

@@Lustrouslines @@kitschesque @@Clampigirl

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Ok so here's the Bass Boosted Cherry. But I'm not sure what you all are listening on and didn't want to break your headphones or whatever. So I made two versions.

@lustrouslines @Kitschesque @@Clampigirl

:kiss: 

Also I never knew I needed that glass effect but I'm kinda digging it thank you so so much

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

@@Lustrouslines @@kitschesque @@Clampigirl

KING!! :poordat:

I’ll listen to it soon, I’m starving and need some super late lunch/way too early dinner, lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png