Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I wish that too . at least for some songs..but I don't know if she still can do that..like a woman voice changes a lot through the years and she was singing really high compared to her new songs in which she sings reaally low

She still has quite a range. Achieving a similar sound and aesthetic again is more about going back to that producer. I don't think she would do that. She seems really comfortable with her current team.

I wish that too . at least for some songs..but I don't know if she still can do that..like a woman voice changes a lot through the years and she was singing really high compared to her new songs in which she sings reaally low

She still has quite a range. Achieving a similar sound and aesthetic again is more about going back to that producer. I don't think she would do that. She seems really comfortable with her current team.

yes I think so...and I think she feels kinda awkward about Lizzy Grant sometimes

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Yayo is her best song as it represents her work as a whole in my opinion. It has everything Lana and Lizzie in it. Beautiful references to American culture, drugs, daddies and her past scraping her life together. Even though the concept sounds stupid and cliche on paper it's actually so beautiful.

It's catchy, concise, not over the top and her voice is wonderful. It's her most raw piece live and the only one she still ops to play guitar with. It clearly means a lot to her and is the best summary of her work to date.

While not my favourite song of hers, you could definitely consider Yayo a magnum opus of sorts.

Yayo is her best song as it represents her work as a whole in my opinion. It has everything Lana and Lizzie in it. Beautiful references to American culture, drugs, daddies and her past scraping her life together. Even though the concept sounds stupid and cliche on paper it's actually so beautiful.

It's catchy, concise, not over the top and her voice is wonderful. It's her most raw piece live and the only one she still ops to play guitar with. It clearly means a lot to her and is the best summary of her work to date.

While not my favourite song of hers, you could definitely consider Yayo a magnum opus of sorts.

Plus it's the pre-quel to Video Games at least that's what she said.

I really have no idea how that makes sense in her head but obviously she has the full understanding

Plus it's the pre-quel to Video Games at least that's what she said.

I really have no idea how that makes sense in her head but obviously she has the full understanding

I think Yayo kind of shows the beginning of a relationship and Video Games is like the honeymoon period.

Yayo is all "take me away", "I want to spend my life with you", "I like the way you look" which is the kind of thoughts you have when a relationship starts (wanting to spend time/thinking about how far the relationship could go/aesthetics over personality)

Video Games is different ("open up a beer, get over here play a video game", "heaven is a place on earth with you", "tell me all the things you wanna do") which is more comfort (doing casual, homely things together/deep admiration for your other half beyond aesthetics/ wanting to know where you're going in the meantime rather than the long run and not worrying about where things may end).

It's not too far of a development but it's slight

/highly extra theory that's probably incorrect over

If I kind of roll it around my head, Yayo and Get Free and probably some of her best work. Even though it's early it's such a beautiful piece. It kind of has a really sweet message of "I'm not there yet, but I want to take that direction" in terms of depression. It's kind of a good retrospective of all of her precious work and a good look into the future. It's really sweet and hopeful. Won't lie, she'll probably never get out of the habit of being a torch singer, but I hope she doesn't get desperate again like in Honeymoon (it was a beautiful album but some of those lyrics man, they're so sad and pathetic at points, she must have been in the darkest place, she sounds truly defeated on some songs).

Even the final minutes of Get Free sounds like being on the beaches of heaven. It's kind of similar to the part in Yayo where she talks about heaven being a dimly lit tunnel at night, except in Yayo is described while in Get Free there's a non-verbal audio interlude which is just perfect and describes her mind set beautifully.

Again, more dumb analysis but truly some of her best work is on LFL and I can definitely see a bridge from LG to LFL. Get Free is probably within Lana's top three of all time.

Fuck White Mustachio

I want Summer Bummer MV with Lana twerking, dropping to da floor, drinking a orange capri-sun while she's at a beach in Florida Keys, wearing a boho beach dress

A plot like Wild Things with ASAP being Matt Dillon and Lana being Denise Richards

Can you imagine the slayage? If it was something similar i would be like NEIluDa.gif

Ever since Ultraviolence, some of her songs sound like they lack something in my opinion (although Honeymoon grew on me and still love it). Maybe it's the production where the new songs fail (maybe, I'm not sure about the "technical" aspect of it.)

this is drier than anthony fantano bald

At least there's a lot to look forward to, like the next live concerts, the WM video and hoping for the release of the 25 leaked songs which is not really happening.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

At least there's a lot to look forward to, like the next live concerts, the WM video and hoping for the release of the 25 leaked songs which is not really happening.

The white mustang video is probs coming in december so

???, ?????????

Ever since Ultraviolence, some of her songs sound like they lack something in my opinion (although Honeymoon grew on me and still love it). Maybe it's the production where the new songs fail (maybe, I'm not sure about the "technical" aspect of it.)

I think I get what you mean. I love the music, it's perfect for me, but maybe for ya it's bc they don't have bridges as powerful like that from UV

It makes it feel fresh tho

UV/Honeymoon