Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Following a heated three-way race to #1, Interscope siren Lana Del Rey comes out on top of the Sales Plus Streaming (SPS) Chart with more than 108k for Lust for Life, which was propelled by strong online consumer purchasing. 

Odd Future/Columbia’s Tyler, The Creator—another beneficiary of powerful online consumer purchasing—debuts at #2 with an impressive 104k for Flower Boy, which puts him right on Lana’s heels.

However, at press time, challenges regarding the final numbers are coming from both sides.

Atlantic’s Meek Mill, on the other hand, ruffled some feathers when Wins & Losses, which bows at #3 with nearly 87k, was put up in front of Tidal’s paywall. Counting these streams, as Billboard apparently plans to do, would represent a reckless and absurd acceptance of blatant chart manipulation. Remember: These free streams generate no revenue and thus equate to free goods, making them ineligible for chart inclusion. Also, the presence of the album in front of the paywall opens the way for unlimited use of bots to drive up streaming totals, unencumbered by accounts or logins. Knowing that—and since these streams were not provided to our chart partner, BuzzAngle Music—we are not counting them.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307710

Did they edit the article to take out the rumor about Tidal not reporting the streams to Billboard? Looks like she definitely lost the #1 spot then...

what I don't like is the delay. It should have "gone to print" this afternoon, and nothing. Hopefully that might mean they won't count it, and are having an internal debate from what BB said the other day. But I would expect the worst.

and BB is hypocritical and has gone both ways in the past disputes- once instantly changing the rules and all the times in the past this has occurred (with method of charts being manipulated it has always benefited the male artist over the female on the album charts. Britney lost a #1 due to something like this.

November 17, 2007, when the Eagles "Long road out" swiped the #1 from Britney's expected #1 album "Blackout"

but then again, Donald Trump's Gepetto  stole an election in plain sight so these days anything goes.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@sweetlikecinnam0n  Should have been this afternoon

as it hasn't been announced, they might be doing an all nighter

and they do have the ability to delay the chart official online update until Wed. morning instead of Tuesday morning (6am) (as they do that on Monday Holidays).

It's fucked up.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This might not be the proper place to advertise but I've got a ticket to Lana's show tomorrow and am not gonna be able to make it so am looking to sell it to some lucky soul that can actually go.

I'll go if the ticket is free  :D

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

First Donald Trump became president and now this? If Meek gets that #1, we need to demand justice so BB knows not to count that shit for future releases. It simply isn't ethical or technically correct at all. :oprah3:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

top 5 honestly so hard to decide, every track is heaven (skippable love, lfl, bpbp, change sometimes if not feeling the mood)

1. heroin

2. groupie love

3. cherry

4. 13 beaches

5. summer bummer

:flutter:  don't murder me

Happy as the moonshine