Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I know it's premature to be thinking about the next record, but I wonder if LDR6 will be more acoustic/less mainstream in sound.

I think that the next record might be this way because Lana has said that LFL is a transitional record, one about change, and sonically, the album is a fusion of everything she's done with added elements of hip hop and the 50's/60's (the little drum pattern before Cherry's choruses, the "doo-wops" in the song LFL and Get Free); she's reminding us of we're we've been, and we're finally going to see where we're headed with LDR6, which kinda shows that 'solve et coagula' theme that we thought may run throughout the record. Releasing a record of unreleased tracks and using MissDaytona's twitter could also back this up.

Releasing BAR and Yosemite as stand-alone singles could perhaps bridge the sonic gap between LFL and LDR6 if it were to be more acoustic.

I believe Lana wanted to send out what we've come to know of her on a high, in a grandiose way with thematically classic LDR songs like Cherry, WM, etc., and by extending this era's length with lots of surprises and one-off shows,  but wanted to give a glimpse of what's going to come with political songs/songs that are more introspective, like Heroin, Change, and Get Free.

Regardless, I'm just very excited to see what's going to come, but I'm more than happy enough to enjoy LFL for the next while. Let's hope Lana goes blonde for LDR6 ;)

Tbh I can see people trashing the album already :teehee: make that less than a week.

But I do love this album, but it's not as strong as her previous work

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

"And I had started a mixtape with duos, a hip-hop thing ... "

:defeated: come thru elizabeth :defeated:

i dont want a mixtape, i want the unreleased songs to be released in an album with yosemite and bar as the lead singles

I was about to post the receipts gif but you came through... just as Lana  :defeated:

Why is the dumb chart not updating?

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Lana Del Rey Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart, Tyler, The Creator and Meek Mill Bow at Nos. 2 & 3

02-Lana-Del-Rey-cr-Neil-Krug-2017-press-

Lana Del Rey scores her second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as Lust for Life bows atop the Aug. 12-dated tally. The set, which was released on July 21 through Polydor/Interscope Records, earned 107,000 equivalent album units in the week ending July 27, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 80,000 were in traditional album sales.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7882489/lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-no-1-billboard-200-albums

giphy.gif

Lana Del Rey Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart, Tyler, The Creator and Meek Mill Bow at Nos. 2 & 3

02-Lana-Del-Rey-cr-Neil-Krug-2017-press-

Lana Del Rey scores her second No. 1 album on the [/size]Billboard 200 chart, as [/size]Lust for Life bows atop the Aug. 12-dated tally. The set, which was released on July 21 through Polydor/Interscope Records, earned 107,000 equivalent album units in the week ending July 27, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 80,000 were in traditional album sales.[/size]

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7882489/lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-no-1-billboard-200-albums

tumblr_inline_otp38rm0Av1s7drrq_540.gif

Lana betta have gotten that spot

bye bitch mill

tenor.gif