cartoon eyes

Post Your Lana iTunes Library!

Ah, okay! Thanks! Looked so real for me when I saw the CD cover here ... found a couple of these songs on Soundcloud, they have a pretty good quality even.

Yeah, forgot to mention, obviously there's the single and remix EPs aswell which are official but all the mixtapes are just where people organize unreleased/demos

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I really don't like the Paradise cover art. It doesn't fit the sound of the EP at all.

As a synaesthete I have to disagree.  :O Numbers, colours, letters and notes - it's all one fucked up mess for me. However, the tracklisting, sounds, words and visuals make Paradise probably the most comforting and fitting album I ever listened to. As a synaesthete.  :cuteface: The album viewing mode in iTunes however makes me cringe, vomit and bite off my nails.

536951_535037576516549_253482261_n.jpg

I really don't like the Paradise cover art. It doesn't fit the sound of the EP at all.

It's shit but I've gotten used to it and kinda forced myself to assign attributes to it. Something weird that occurs in my mind depending on which "Yayo" I'm listening to: I imagine her hair. Old "Yayo" is cuter and blonder and short-haired, and when I imagine her singing new "Yayo" I think of her in a studio in the middle of the night, looking kinda shaky with the super long hair on the cover all untidy and basically kinda looking drug-addled. Not even sure why. I think she should have used the smoky Summertime Sadness stuff if she was taking anything from a music video.

As a synaesthete I have to disagree.  :O Numbers, colours, letters and notes - it's all one fucked up mess for me. However, the tracklisting, sounds, words and visuals make Paradise probably the most comforting and fitting album I ever listened to. As a synaesthete.  :cuteface: The album viewing mode in iTunes however makes me cringe, vomit and bite off my nails.

536951_535037576516549_253482261_n.jpg

I don't have the actual condition (sounds correlating into actual sights and whatever else synthesia entails), but I'm very affected by wordings and colors and sounds as well, and I seriously won't listen to songs if everything is not organized how I like it - unless there's no alternative. Paradise as an EP is very sunset to me and not so tropical and summery like the cover art. I love the case the CD is in from the box set, it fits the music very well to me. 

I also hate the AKA artwork. It's so bland and ugly - completely opposite of the music it represents. 

14417469274.gif

Paradise as an EP is very sunset to me and not so tropical and summery like the cover art. I love the case the CD is in from the box set, it fits the music very well to me. 

She's basically using the same words all over again on this record. I could go into a phonetic analysis of the phones those words incorporate but I'll make it simple: the sequence of vowels and consonants, especially the diphthong phones, play into warm colors such as gold, silver, yellow, orange, beige, brown... but all with a heavy gold wash. What kills me is that "Gods and Monsters" in terms of phonetic content looks and sounds rather steel-blue to me and it kills me since it doesn't fit at all.  :defeated:

Lana always referred to her songs as a capturing of moments, atmospheres, landscapes and feelings - they are united in lyrical and sonical ( :flop:) architecture. Therefore, I guess, she uses the same words all over again on Paradise. But it doesn't really bother me since they pretty much translate to one consistent imagery in my head. I know it sounds crazy, and sometimes synaesthesia can really be a burden, but with Lana it's a pleasure to experience the music this way. I think she has some strong synaesthetic tendencies herself, although she may not know about it. The overlapping and blending of sense perceptions (which synaesthesia basically is) is individual for every person, but there certainly is a(n unconscious) structure behind everything she does. It's hard to explain because... gosh, it's just that way.  :defeated: I can't explain it or control it... 

She's basically using the same words all over again on this record.

So by saying this are you implying that it is why you think the artwork is fitting for Paradise? Really curious. When it comes to assigning feelings and colors / whatever to songs, it's entirely based on sound to me. Lyrics are one of the last things I pay mind to when I'm analyzing a song. 

Everything else you said... god. :defeated: I am stupid. 

14417469274.gif

So by saying this are you implying that it is why you think the artwork is fitting for Paradise? Really curious. When it comes to assigning feelings and colors / whatever to songs, it's entirely based on sound to me. Lyrics are one of the last things I pay mind to when I'm analyzing a song. 

Everything else you said... god. :defeated: I am stupid. 

Nah, why should this make you stupid?  :usrs: There are so many different forms of synaesthesia. There are the craziest forms you could never dream of. Some people even have synaesthesia that includes smells. Can you imagine what it must feel like for them when they see a cheese which is yellow, but it evokes the number four which looks green to them while they see the word 'carrousel' written all over it and smell the scent of old and dry cat food? :O  

It's not really the lyrics themselves, but the sequences of sounds that certain words, especially those that she uses a million times, include. The word order, syntax and overall structure of verses and choruses is related to it, but it all comes down to the difference phone(me) sequences in words and word groups. I think she has this unconscious way of choosing certain words because they make synaesthetic visual sense to her. Maybe not the same perception I have, but she certainly has one. All the other creative decisions she makes, be it the sonical production and visuals such as artwork, looks, videos or performances... they are all intertwined. I bet that she'd pass a synaesthesia test with an average percentage of 95 to 98%.

I find it impressive how songs are able to make people feel the same atmosphere. I mean, I really can relate to what SitarHero said about both versions of "Yayo." And I do think the Lana covers fit her albums, and I think they fit it very well.

The Paradise artwork is just perfect, in my opinion, like Born to Die. UGH, I'm sorry that I can't express myself but I love Lana and her covers and the aesthetic.

I also hate the AKA artwork. It's so bland and ugly - completely opposite of the music it represents. 

Nah man that shit is languid and contemplative. Took me a long time to really love it but given the right fan-art and font I think it's very fitting. Her expression just tells me a story, start to finish. Looking at the image while listening to the "mmm"s in Kill Kill...I also think the color scheme is great because of its simple, organic sound. It's interesting what you say about it being "bland", though, because I think that's what I like. AKA isn't a bland album, but it's something close--in a positive way? Like, relaxed?

On the topic of covers, Born to Die has to be one of my favorite covers ever. I remember I went to her website when I was first getting into her, just before the album came out, and I saw that image so simple and iconic :defeated: Like it's a bright album. The blue sky fits for some reason I'm unsure of due to the depressing content. I wonder if she'll always stick to that format--looking hot and sullen in the middle of the image, LANA DEL REY above her and the title below her. I want a reprisal of her logo :oprah:

I like this convo :cuteface:

Nah, why should this make you stupid?  :usrs: There are so many different forms of synaesthesia. There are the craziest forms you could never dream of. Some people even have synaesthesia that includes smells. Can you imagine what it must feel like for them when they see a cheese which is yellow, but it evokes the number four which looks green to them while they see the word 'carrousel' written all over it and smell the scent of old and dry cat food? :O  

It's not really the lyrics themselves, but the sequences of sounds that certain words, especially those that she uses a million times, include. The word order, syntax and overall structure of verses and choruses is related to it, but it all comes down to the difference phone(me) sequences in words and word groups. I think she has this unconscious way of choosing certain words because they make synaesthetic visual sense to her. Maybe not the same perception I have, but she certainly has one. All the other creative decisions she makes, be it the sonical production and visuals such as artwork, looks, videos or performances... they are all intertwined. I bet that she'd pass a synaesthesia test with an average percentage of 95 to 98%.

I was saying I'm stupid because it confounds me how in-depth you're going about this, when I know little to nothing about it. :lange: :lange: :lange: 

Such interesting conversation though, thank you! I understand what you mean better now that you explained more into the word order and syntax and stuff. I think that stands out to me, too. I definitely have my own way of wording things to where they make synaesthetic visual sense to me when I write. 

14417469274.gif

I was saying I'm stupid because it confounds me how in-depth you're going about this, when I know little to nothing about it. :lange: :lange: :lange:

I'm sorry, but I can't take any conversation seriously when this GIF pops up. I'm too distracted while peeing myself laughing. But yes, it is indeed an interesting conversation.  :cuteface:

Nah man that shit is languid and contemplative. Took me a long time to really love it but given the right fan-art and font I think it's very fitting. Her expression just tells me a story, start to finish. Looking at the image while listening to the "mmm"s in Kill Kill...I also think the color scheme is great because of its simple, organic sound. It's interesting what you say about it being "bland", though, because I think that's what I like. AKA isn't a bland album, but it's something close--in a positive way? Like, relaxed?

On the topic of covers, Born to Die has to be one of my favorite covers ever. I remember I went to her website when I was first getting into her, just before the album came out, and I saw that image so simple and iconic :defeated: Like it's a bright album. The blue sky fits for some reason I'm unsure of due to the depressing content. I wonder if she'll always stick to that format--looking hot and sullen in the middle of the image, LANA DEL REY above her and the title below her. I want a reprisal of her logo :oprah:

I like this convo :cuteface:

Her expression is great, I love the actual picture of her but the font and fan-art is horrible. I also really don't like the color of the background. That pasty yellow or whatever it is - ew. I just feel that the album is so eclectic and the artwork doesn't represent that. 

14417469274.gif

Her expression is great, I love the actual picture of her but the font and fan-art is horrible. I also really don't like the color of the background. That pasty yellow or whatever it is - ew. I just feel that the album is so eclectic and the artwork doesn't represent that. 

I've never found the album eclectic and I always hear people say that :icant: Like Born to Die is more cohesive or something but I think the only sore thumb sound-wise on AKA is Brite Lites. Let me copy-paste my old post since I'm at school and can't post the cover I use.

FQN7v.jpg

So much improvement in just a font. The yellow is a matter of taste but idk it reminds me of the desert, which is the main environment in mind when I think of the album. Nevada, u noe?

So much improvement in just a font. The yellow is a matter of taste but idk it reminds me of the desert, which is the main environment in mind when I think of the album. Nevada, u noe?

YES. :defeated:

And then you drop by a gas station to have lunch before you go on the open road again, and by the time you drop by "Mermaid Motel," the night's already falling, so when "Brite Lites" comes on, you're laying in your bed listening to music until you feel asleep with "Yayo."