bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

this reddit thread made me lose brain cells: 

it is NOT transphobic to call out a trans person’s shitty behaviour. 

we’re living a timeline where anyone can get a hit, you don’t need to work with ‘the big bad record label producer guy’ to chart. kim has worked with him for 5+ years now on every single song she has released (except for her last one hehe) and has seen minimal to zero solo commercial success. what is the goal here?

she’s publicly defended him, victimised herself somehow and it makes me sad that people think trans people can’t be  successful without working with an abuser. she’s working with him AND unsuccessful.

I DO WANT to see kim succeed, but why can’t she publicly condemn the actions of a well known abuser AND succeed? for fuck sake

really really really sick of this, kim is in the wrong - i’m so glad people are now realising it.

i like kim, i do, i think she’s talented and has potential but it’s painful seeing her make so many bad decisions. 

i was worried for a period of time that kim was being forced to work with him under a contract, but signing 4+ years into her career pretty much confirms that isn’t true.

2 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

this reddit thread made me lose brain cells: 

it is NOT transphobic to call out a trans person’s shitty behaviour. 

Your first mistake was expecting the Reddit userbase and staff to be rational :lmaoney:, tb to when a mod banned people for mentioning them/their family due to their dad being a major CREEP, the suppression of info....ick

I also agree it would be nice to see Kim succeed, trying to find a way to break away from DrLuke would be a (probably helpful) first step :makeup:

also, if we look at this chart of dr luke’s productions credits, kim is one of his most frequent clients. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Luke_production_discography

whilst yes there are other artists on here who seem to have quite a few songs produced by luke, they are often lead/large radio hit singles. i also don’t know their contracts etc.

unlike kim, who has full albums of his work.

as for kim not getting called out as much as other artists, that’s just not true. i don’t even follow nicki minaj but within a few days of release i saw her being criticised for having SFG produced by dr luke.

So disappointed...was really hoping they'd confirm her account was hacked or something
I was holding on to hope she was signed under a producer contract (which is separate from a label contract; you can have one without the other)...but if she really feels this way it's probably not the case, and really just confirms she's just a terrible person. 

I just wish she was more transparent about everything; clearly she has a lot to say. 

7 minutes ago, LieOlivier said:

Yall just separate the art from the artist.. You don't have to listen to her.. if she wants to work witht the devil she can. 

It’s taboo because you can separate the art from the artist but you can’t separate the artists’ willingness to create with the same Devil you speak of. How do you separate one of the most integral parts of her “career”, the man who makes all of the music, from the actual songs? How?

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

It’s taboo because you can separate the art from the artist but you can’t separate the artists’ willingness to create with the same Devil you speak of. How do you separate one of the most integral parts of her “career”, the man who makes all of the music, from the actual songs? How?

Its a song chill. The song didnt do the actions..

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

How do you separate one of the most integral parts of her “career”, the man who makes all of the music, from the actual songs? How?

you just press play and enjoy the music…

at the end of the day, listening to a song doesn’t hurt anyone. & choosing NOT to listen to a song because of people involved in its creation does not make you better than someone that does… not referring directly to you, i just see a lot of that attitude in this thread. 

downloading / streaming her music isn’t what is keeping his lights on tbh. it really doesn’t make a difference (as in, his career is going to continue regardless) and really just comes down to the ability to separate art from artist, or the desire to even care to begin with. it’s just music!!! :) 

14417469274.gif

23 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

you just press play and enjoy the music…

at the end of the day, listening to a song doesn’t hurt anyone. & choosing NOT to listen to a song because of people involved in its creation does not make you better than someone that does… not referring directly to you, i just see a lot of that attitude in this thread. 

downloading / streaming her music isn’t what is keeping his lights on tbh. it really doesn’t make a difference (as in, his career is going to continue regardless) and really just comes down to the ability to separate art from artist, or the desire to even care to begin with. it’s just music!!! :) 

I hate the way ppl will be fine with listening to music made by FELONS then get mad at ppl for separating the artist and their music..

Imagine scoring a #1 song in the United States and no one cares about your music and only the shit you tweet every two days. 
Regardless of your opinion on her artistic actions, we should agree on what I said a year ago: she’s f***ng Dr L*ke, Cz no way in hell would a person double-down on being a “ride-or-die” for a man that knows how to work GarageBand, and past collaborators don’t want to touch him with a ten foot pole. 

Like she expects respect bc her man can lay down some beats on a computer? Ohhh I’m so scared 

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

Imagine scoring a #1 song in the United States and no one cares about your music and only the shit you tweet every two days. 
Regardless of your opinion on her artistic actions, we should agree on what I said a year ago: she’s f***ng Dr L*ke, Cz no way in hell would a person double-down or being a “ride-or-die” for a man that knows how to work GarageBand and past collaborators don’t want to touch him with a ten foot pole. 

Like she expects respect bc her man can lay down some beats on a computer? Ohhh I’m so scared

i'm gonna confess that i still enjoy her music despite not liking her as a person - i have a lot of very good memories associated with her stuff that i just can't separate despite her associating with some really shitty people, and just not being a pleasant person in general :xgiggle:

but yeah she has to be f*cking him there's just literally no way that someone would OPENLY support him while also knowing that it could genuinely fuck up her career :xgiggle:

like not even the collaborators that are collaborating on the DL or have signed some very intense deals with him just avoid the topic or are very vague about it

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm gonna confess that i still enjoy her music despite not liking her as a person - i have a lot of very good memories associated with her stuff that i just can't separate despite her associating with some really shitty people, and just not being a pleasant person in general :xgiggle:

but yeah she has to be f*cking him there's just literally no way that someone would OPENLY support him while also knowing that it could genuinely fuck up her career :xgiggle:

like not even the collaborators that are collaborating on the DL or have signed some very intense deals with him just avoid the topic or are very vague about it

For me it’s up to the listener to pick and choose how to separate art-from-artist 🤷🏻‍♂️

And not even Doja Cat (who doesn’t care who gets mad at what she says) likes to talk about it at all… like read the room maam. You can still work with L*ke and keep it on the down-low, but I guess the controversy is part of the image