bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

So has anyone talked about/noticed how the sample in Castle In the Sky has gone completely uncredited and under the radar? I can't find anyone talking about it. Sample is Lucky Star by Diana Fox, if you listen to the classic Nightcore version you'll hear it instantly.

te deseo, cariño

5 minutes ago, Harmonia said:

So has anyone talked about/noticed how the sample in Castle In the Sky has gone completely uncredited and under the radar? I can't find anyone talking about it. Sample is Lucky Star by Diana Fox, if you listen to the classic Nightcore version you'll hear it instantly.

Eh. It’s a very generic synth triplet melody used in hundreds of Eurodance songs. Not to mention, the last chord is different. I don’t think it’s a sample at all, just similar song. 

1 minute ago, White Dress said:

Eh. It’s a very generic synth triplet melody used in hundreds of Eurodance songs. Not to mention, the last chord is different. I don’t think it’s a sample at all, just similar song. 

People have gotten in legal trouble over less, and yeah it probably won't ever get that far and ultimately it isn't a huge deal but I find it interesting nonetheless. The song is very clearly inspired by that sound (I've seen a few Nightcore comparisons in comments but nothing explicitly stating which song) so it wouldn't surprise me if Lucky Star was used as a blueprint. 

te deseo, cariño

12 hours ago, cj1995 said:

I recently discovered Choker and oh my god it's a complete bop. :beyonce: I'm gonna need the full Candy album to leak in HQ 

She needs to make a tropical themed album and use Choker as the lead single I swear. Break The AC and Painkillas next 

30 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

so kim's only contribution to minute is... a high note on the bridge?

I mean as soon as I found out Griff wrote it, I knew it would have been her song she pitched. Melodically it’s very her style, but it doesn’t change that it’s my fave song on this album. Kim very much made it her own in her performance (also remember everyone loved Good Ones by Charli even though she said herself she didn’t write much of it at all.)

j14CYJi.png

On 6/24/2023 at 2:14 AM, comeintomybedroom said:

you're aware that a better version of that song just titled Scream! leaked too right 

I have searched every place I can think to look and either you got me good or it's hard to find.

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira