bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

3 hours ago, godsmonster said:

this Y2K aesthetic feels tired because we knew it “underground” first with these other artists, who did it before it was trendy. now it’s hit mainstream attention and people are loving it because for them, it’s “fresh” and “new”, but for us, we’re ready to move onto the next thing

It’s pretty obvious Kim wouldn’t exist without the “y2k” girls & I’m fully here for all of it. A huge part of her appeal during era 1 was that she was bringing back the OG pop sound & it’s basically her brand at this point.. Problematic rings true with a modern twist, very Europop

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

6 hours ago, the ocean said:

overall kim is making music that seems disappointing and is reminding me of someone that i am disappointed by (especially after being proven that stuff i thought happened actually didn't furthering that disappointment)

i still got hope for problematique though and i'm hoping kim can power through this people pleasing phase :angie:

edit - spoilered cause it's off topic until the end and the end is basically just a repeat of what i said above:

Hide contents

didn't immediately respond to this because i wanted to let it sink in a little bit before responding

this is very eye opening - not necessarily in that it wasn't information i didn't know but more in that it was a bit of a needed pull back to reality and i'm actually quite thankful that you posted this cause i'm definitely rethinking about the people i support and i will no longer support the person in question after some thought

also back on topic i like kim i've always liked kim and i'm not trying to hate on her or anything i just think she's surrounded herself with questionable people and AS A FAN i don't like seeing her muddle her talent and potential with that

Oh for sure, I 100% think that this entire project is only happening bc her label wants a tik tok hit while barely investing in her! She basically lived in the studio during rona & it’s nice these Kim Kim Kim vibe scraps are being monetized, but she honestly should’ve never signed the deal she did. The album has been pushed back & her entire vibe as a person has changed ever since 

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

10 hours ago, bff said:

lol i know! i just genuinely thought she was yyy and had to do a double take…

and you’re right i do enjoy some aspects of Y2K, but i’m talking specifically about the generalized paris hilton mcbling type shit

I agree about the McBling aspect, it's overkill at this point, and I wish people explored the more futuristic aspect of it instead of just cds lipgloss and shades lol but its stil cute 

So, my rating for the first listen

Spoiler

Slut Pop - 10/10
Treat Me Like A Slut - 9.5/10
XXX - 8.5/10
Superpower Bitch - 6.5/10
Throat Goat - 9/10
They Wanna Fuck - 7.5/10
Your Wish Is My Command - 6/10

More than half of this is way better than anything that's been out from Problématique only bc it's something fun, TikTok-hit-hungry and not something to be taken more serious than it needs to be (esp lyric-wise, since most of the production here, even though lowkey falls on that generic hit type of stuff, is actually good). The album, however, is a total different subject and needed better lyrics (and even better production) but let's hope the rest of the yet-to-be-released tracks are better than the singles.  

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

10 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Can’t believe the majority in here is actually enjoying the new ep lol. Can’t wait to listen to it later on… don’t feel like visiting that site to listen earlier though

you won’t see me enjoying it (when i eventually listen)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Honestly I do like Treat Me Like A Slut for what it is (specifically the verses, chorus still cringey tbh) but the rest of the EP is so bad bskdjf. Throat Goat was a full on Ayesha rip off it wasn’t even subtle.. I would’ve probs liked this EP if it was released in like 2019 tbh, but yeah probs won’t listen to it again.

qfrWuBl.png

This is slut pop whip your dick out turn your bitch out 68GV5aV.jpg

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I really should just shut the fuck up about her releases cause since the Coconut performance I'm always bitching everything she teases and then I listen to it once it's released and I end up loving it :toofloppy:

Treat Me Like A Slut and XXX are BOPS

Throat Goat was awful tho and I hope to never listen to it again

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

The EP is awful I'm sorry... was not into it at all. I'd rather be listening to Ayesha instead of this uninspired mess

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕