bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

Omg this thread has been a mess, although this thread shouldn’t be locked. There are still people here who do enjoy her & they should still have a place to discuss her music. Plus, I highly doubt that the mess is far from over I’m expecting a notes app explanation. Beyond that, I’m curious as to what’s going on behind the scenes. As seen in that performance video something is off with her. She’s either on something or she is going through it. Also, no I’m not making excuses for anyone I’m just genuinely curious to see how it turns out. Am I fan? Currently yes, but I am quite slow on making a decision personally. (Like during Melanie allegations I decided Timothy was lying, BUT to be fair that situation was FAR less messy than this one).

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

39 minutes ago, BeautifulAnywhere said:

Omg this thread has been a mess, although this thread shouldn’t be locked. There are still people here who do enjoy her & they should still have a place to discuss her music. Plus, I highly doubt that the mess is far from over I’m expecting a notes app explanation. Beyond that, I’m curious as to what’s going on behind the scenes. As seen in that performance video something is off with her. She’s either on something or she is going through it. Also, no I’m not making excuses for anyone I’m just genuinely curious to see how it turns out. Am I fan? Currently yes, but I am quite slow on making a decision personally. (Like during Melanie allegations I decided Timothy was lying, BUT to be fair that situation was FAR less messy than this one).

I’m tripping out on another dimension rn but what a gorgeous reply, had me shaking and I was so moved. I lost the plot halfway through but your mind is a diamond, never quit your dreams  I’ll be there in the background, rooting for you 😭

On 2/11/2022 at 11:58 PM, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

if y’all held everyone in your personal lives to the same standards that you hold celebrities then you’d have very few (if any) people in your life.

I personally do not have anyone in my life who is a rape apologist. Some of y’all just be exposing yourself with these think-pieces that you feel is such a gotcha :rip: 

giphy.gif 

Sadly, the majority of ATRL seem to support her the Slut Pop thread was filled with posts like:

"but but Doja works with Luke too, only hold the trans woman accountable huh"

"this is just supposed to be a fun EP geez"

"the FreeKesha thing made no noise"

At least we all agree on this website :biblio:

3 hours ago, Venice said:

I’m tripping out on another dimension rn but what a gorgeous reply, had me shaking and I was so moved. I lost the plot halfway through but your mind is a diamond, never quit your dreams  I’ll be there in the background, rooting for you 😭

I- this reply is *chef’s kiss*

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

1 hour ago, Desert lamp said:

Sadly, the majority of ATRL seem to support her the Slut Pop thread was filled with posts like:

"but but Doja works with Luke too, only hold the trans woman accountable huh"

"this is just supposed to be a fun EP geez"

"the FreeKesha thing made no noise"

At least we all agree on this website :biblio:

it’s always the ATRL gays like what did you expect 

Also, all their arguments are such bullshit.

- Doja signed a contract with Luke before the whole kesha situation got out, and has publicly spoken out against him. 

- As her best friend said, she’s CHOOSING to work with him. Just throwing the “well she’s trans so” card around is getting old.

- It’s the whole situation all together. Basically saying kesha is lying, her attitude, her best friend being a bitch etc 

What's this obsession with locking threads some of you have? Don't you think it's better to have a place where the discourse is happening and where you can educate others about what's going on rather than basically just pretending it doesn't exist? Sounds rather counterproductive to me, regardless of your opinion on Kim and the EP. 

Although I am obviously aware of Kim's connection with Dr. Luke and think she should be held accountable for choosing to continue working with him – especially because she's truly talented and honestly wouldn't need him to succeed – a lot of what's going on in this thread right now seems like bandwagon hate to me. Obviously you're right in calling her out, but I hope those of you who are so determined to boycott Kim Petras' music don't ever stream Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes and My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson, Who Knew and U + Ur Hand by Pink, Girlfriend and Hot by Avril Lavigne, I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, California Girls, Teenage Dream, Roar, Dark Horse and Unconditionally by Katy Perry, Circus, Till The World Ends and Hold It Again Me by Britney, Party In The USA and Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, Where Have You Been by Rihanna, Primadonna and How To Be A Heartbreaker by Marina, and Need To Know and You Right by Doja Cat; not to mention songs written or produced by other artists employed by his publishing companies. Because I'm pretty sure those songs earn him a lot more money than some Kim Petras tracks that nobody outside of Stan Twitter and LanaBoards even knows of. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

2 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

What's this obsession with locking threads some of you have? Don't you think it's better to have a place where the discourse is happening and where you can educate others about what's going on rather than basically just pretending it doesn't exist? Sounds rather counterproductive to me, regardless of your opinion on Kim and the EP. 

Although I am obviously aware of Kim's connection with Dr. Luke and think she should be held accountable for choosing to continue working with him – especially because she's truly talented and honestly wouldn't need him to succeed – a lot of what's going on in this thread right now seems like bandwagon hate to me. Obviously you're right in calling her out, but I hope those of you who are so determined to boycott Kim Petras' music don't ever stream Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes and My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson, Who Knew and U + Ur Hand by Pink, Girlfriend and Hot by Avril Lavigne, I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, California Girls, Teenage Dream, Roar, Dark Horse and Unconditionally by Katy Perry, Circus, Till The World Ends and Hold It Again Me by Britney, Party In The USA and Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, Where Have You Been by Rihanna, Primadonna and How To Be A Heartbreaker by Marina, and Need To Know and You Right by Doja Cat; not to mention songs written or produced by other artists employed by his publishing companies. Because I'm pretty sure those songs earn him a lot more money than some Kim Petras tracks that nobody outside of Stan Twitter and LanaBoards even knows of. 

99% of these songs were recorded way before it was known that he was a piece of shit

also the amount of dollars he is getting from streaming these are 0 so what is your point once again?

7 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Obviously you're right in calling her out, but I hope those of you who are so determined to boycott Kim Petras' music don't ever stream Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes and My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson, Who Knew and U + Ur Hand by Pink, Girlfriend and Hot by Avril Lavigne, I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, California Girls, Teenage Dream, Roar, Dark Horse and Unconditionally by Katy Perry, Circus, Till The World Ends and Hold It Again Me by Britney, Party In The USA and Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, Where Have You Been by Rihanna, Primadonna and How To Be A Heartbreaker by Marina, and Need To Know and You Right by Doja Cat; not to mention songs written or produced by other artists employed by his publishing companies. Because I'm pretty sure those songs earn him a lot more money than some Kim Petras tracks that nobody outside of Stan Twitter and LanaBoards even knows of. 

This argument is so tiring :rip: that was what I was told months ago on here

On 2/13/2022 at 12:19 AM, princessdollie said:

this performance is so disturbing omfg. she looks a mess and not the hot, bimbo, in control of herself powerful female sexuality way but rather its so uncomfortable she looks like she got roofied before going on stage as if she’s not in control of her own body..im so scared 

EDIT:

I still have hope for her, she’ll probably snap out of it and go back to what made her actually fun and interesting in the first place

16 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

If Kim signed a contract before the shit about Luke came out, people wouldn't be mad with her. The problem is that she CHOSE to work with him knowing his past and mentions the names of people who spoke up about him (positively or not) in songs produced by him/indirectly calls them liars. I feel like you guys are just choosing to not read the thread and are instead just going off of "b-but other songs are made by Dr. Luke!" Like yes, we know...nobody is saying that we should stop streaming EVERY song he produced. It's more about making the decision to not support the artists who continue to willingly work with him knowing that he's a literal rapist and calling his victims liars. She is being "held accountable" and has been for years yet no change has been made and according to her best friend, that change will never happen since she loves the attention it brings.

By continuing to support Kim Petras and other artists like her, you are supporting the countless men in the music industry who think they can do shit like Luke and get away with it and you are proving them right. Stop letting shitty people get away with doing shitty things.

giphy.gif 

I love the aesthetic of this new era and I think she looks great. I also love how she embraces her body. I get it you miss her girly girl bubblegum era, but I think your comments on her “loosing herself” and “looking disturbing” isn’t fair, she looks like she’s having a great time. You can come at her working with Luke, right, but don’t criticize her looks this way, because I’m sure if it were some other pop star with pinched waist and snatched body you would’ve LIVED. Also, she just never was that great of a dancer and without high ponytail and glittery outfits you can notice that more than before but that’s okay. I still love her energy. 

On 2/12/2022 at 1:17 AM, sack said:

i saw a ton of tweets claiming that kim willingly re-signed with dr. luke last year but later saw some claiming that she signed with him in 2013 and has been stuck ever since, similar to doja cat. i also saw people saying that she’s liked tweets attacking kesha over the allegations and now i’m seeing tweets that the screenshot was photoshopped. so a lot of the info on twitter is confusing as hell because i don’t know what’s true. either way i obviously hate the fact that kim is associated with such a disgusting person but there seems to be people spreading around things that aren’t even confirmed 

Apparently ~~~ she met him in 2013 but she was never signed to him until 2021. 

Now that I’ve come down lmao I just wanna clarify that I don’t personally support any of this. Gives me Chris Brown vibes where notoriety/celebrity status overrides any and all wrongdoings. It's wild, but then I'm reminded that even serial killers have fans, so… it is what it is. However, as the peacemaker I am :creep:, I do think there should be room for discourse so that people can learn and grow via dialogue, rather than straight up banning the topic. 

This situation is trash. Im a fan(was?) of Kim and I like her old songs but this is unforgivable (I knew about her situation with Puke but I decided to forget it) but after all the mess with Aaron and the situation with Kesha thats just wrong to keep supporting her. Kim do something 

everyone is saying: she’s cancelled cuz most people that listen to her are on music forums  or twitter blablabla

but the amount of gays i still see posting slut pop in their insta stories etc is sickening