Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

I just want to let you know regardless if it gets taken down off of everything, that those sentiments that I wrote and that I really am still going to strive for them, even if that song is not on the future physical releases of the record. I mention that now because that song in particular as well as this other song I'm going to sing now - well, it's half of it because it's in a medley - but this other song called Change is another song that was an important songs to me.

So what I got from that is that she's planning on re-releasing the album at some point....like Born to Die was to Paradise... 

stare.giftiara1.giftrishaboobs.gif

I don't know if this has been posted yet but, yeah.

Lana while singing 'Pretty When You Cry' live. "I have so much more than that, like my copyrights"   :hdu: 

She's being such a badass this tour first WaW now PWYC I love it so much, I hope G-Eazy or Ratsey shades her so she can put IMF on the medley and rip them apart on a changed verse lmaoo

Based off what she said in Denver tonight, it sounds like her lawyers were considering removing Get Free off the physical release of the record?????????????

THATS SO FUCKED UP I waNT TO FIGHT FUCK RADIOHEAD SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK

Even if Radiohead owns the royalties to the song, I don't think that means she can't put it on the album ... does it? Otherwise all those Kidz Bop albums would never exist.

Of course she can keep it on the record as a 'cover', but I think it would sting her too much to have the composer credit for a song which is so personal for her, to be in anyone else's name. If that happened, she'd probably prefer to just erase it altogether. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

" [...] if it gets taken down off of everything [...]"

IMAGINE THOSE GREASY

WHITE

METH ADDICT

INDIE

GROSS BOYS

FORCING HER TO TAKE GET FREE OFF OF SPOTIFY................ I WILLL THROW HANDS THOM YORKE IF YOU'RE READING THIS YOU BETTER GET SOME FUCKING SECURITY IN YOUR HOME BECAUSE I WILL 

[redacted death threat], BITCH

Based off what she said in Denver tonight, it sounds like her lawyers were considering removing Get Free off the physical release of the record?????????????

THATS SO FUCKED UP I waNT TO FIGHT FUCK RADIOHEAD SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK

The idea that they want it off the album is so ugly......

I've been a fan of Radiohead longer than Lana, so when I first heard this I thought it was totally fake. It really makes me view Radiohead in a different light. Things like this is why I've always hated groups like Muse or Coldplay, you know just being ugly and money hungry.

Also I just noticed, first she had to delete Malibu bc it was personal and Get Free is really up in the air, both incredibly personal to her- imagine if they had the same chord progression, this could mean a lot more to her than anybody knows n if it comes down to deleting or giving rights she's getting rid of every trace of that song

Has this been posted????

I watched it, and I can hear creep more definitely. The thing is though I just don't see why the need for 100% copyright for this song. The lyrics are nothing like Creep, the message of the song is nothing like creep, the instrumental is nothing like creep. It's just the melody, there have been so many songs that have similar, or exact same melodies, and the orignal created rarely ask for 100% credit of the song.

I feel a lot of conflict, too artist that I love deeply, and have influenced my life a lot :/....

Having gone to see many Elton John concerts since the early 1970s, Elton was at his best when something bothered him and he let the audience in on it

(like a review or a negative article on him, or someone putting him down) 

that said, if she should lose the case, which is possible, especially as she offered 40% so now her lawyers can't deny, it would be equiv. to her having to ask to do a cover version.

What would be interesting is-  it generally seems that the beginning is the part in question.  So the call out Out of the black into the blue- would that be included if she used that in the future?

I had posted a while back that I would love to see her next album start out with a reprise of the Black/Blue going into the first song. That may now be out of the question.

Another interesting analogy was the George Harrison (Beatles) being sued for his My Sweet Lord by the Chiffons for "He's so fine" and that was ruled unintentional usage as they said George had to know

and it ended up being a few decade long lawsuit involving some oddities, end result though- George himself bought the publishing company that owned the song, thereby he owned his song again.

But a chilling part of George Harrison's was, for years after, he was scared to write, because he just didn't know if it would happen again.

Years later he wrote "This song" which was about that song.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

that said, if she should lose the case, which is possible, especially as she offered 40% so now her lawyers can't deny, it would be equiv. to her having to ask to do a cover version.

Nnn no that's not what that means. Lana's team offering them 40% is not admitting guilt it's trying to settle it outside of court which is perfectly legal and the court is not going to see it as anything else but lanas team trying to find a quicker solution to this problem.

It literally happens with most cases and will most likely benefit lana bc they're gonna see that Radiofad dismissed a generous offer and went full on 100% copyright claim which is absolutely ridiculous.

It also has nothing to do with the trademark thing bc they're suing Sam smith for fucking 12.5% and not 100% despite it literally being the same issue as here.

i76mrxw.png 

The melody is very similar, so I don't take issue with Radiohead wanting some $$$(well I do in a sense because creep is far from radiohead's original concept). The songs have NOTHING in common, but the melody. This is a very ugly, petty, and greedy situation on Radiohead's part.

I saw a video of Lana's speech at her recent show. She ain't taking no shit, good for her.

I'm also grateful that she's not trying to hide this and speaks up on her point of view. Being open to her fans and not seeing this as some scandal.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I saw a video of Lana's speech at her recent show. She ain't taking no shit, good for her.

I remeber a while ago she posted this picture.

c9u3BwmWn7WaYbyhaoGJ0gMntAeKYEoYYqsj2cnw

It must be sad to here a band she admires try to sue her for complete publishing rights to her song which is very personal to her. :////