Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Oh no, it sounds cute  :deadbanana:

the melody sounds nice, but the lyrics are a complete cringefest. nothing about those verses is salvageable to me, from the 'happiness is a butterfly' cliché to the random 'like' in the middle of the 2nd verse, to "my babies" to "tourlyfe". i know i'm being harsh, but i reaaally don't like any of it.

edit: oh wait, and i forgot yet another moonlight reference + rhyming butterfly with lullaby. just kill me.

the melody sounds nice, but the lyrics are a complete cringefest. nothing about those verses is salvageable to me, from the 'happiness is a butterfly' cliché to the random 'like' in the middle of the 2nd verse, to "my babies" to "tourlyfe". i know i'm being harsh, but i reaaally don't like any of it.

edit: oh wait, and i forgot yet another moonlight reference + rhyming butterfly with lullaby. just kill me.

i said this about coachella when she climbed up that random mountain to sing it and now suddenly it's a lyrical masterpiece that would have been a 10/10 track if it was a piano ballad according to lanaboards  :oprah3:

i76mrxw.png 

i said this about coachella when she climbed up that random mountain to sing it and now suddenly it's a lyrical masterpiece that would have been a 10/10 track if it was a piano ballad according to lanaboards  :oprah3:

Haha true. Coachella got the same kind of hate. And I actually turned out to got to it a lot when listening to Lana songs.

Not you saying butterlies are TACKY while stanning LIZZY UNRELEASED SONGS with all her TACKY lyrics and IMAGERY

Who raised you?

Well, thank god you're not talking about me. Butterflies AND Lizzy unreleased can go to hell  :flutter:

Ew. Why.... just why  :deadbanana:

Well, thank god you're not talking about me. Butterflies AND Lizzy unreleased can go to hell  :flutter:

Ew. Why.... just why  :deadbanana:

Excuse me? Many, many, many, many unreleased songs are AMAZING. Not all of em (Jealous Girl, Scarface) but most are!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Excuse me? Many, many, many, many unreleased songs are AMAZING. Not all of em (Jealous Girl, Scarface) but most are!!

Of course many are, but Lizzie era? I think her best unreleased songs happened around 2010.

Of course many are, but Lizzie era? I think her best unreleased songs happened around 2010.

Some are, but what about Money Hunny, Wayamaya, Pin Up Galore, Trash Magic, etc

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Not you saying butterlies are TACKY while stanning LIZZY UNRELEASED SONGS with all her TACKY lyrics and IMAGERY

Who raised you?

lol in fairness my fave unreleased songs are usually the least whimsical but beyond that, to me it's like... for one, there's a reason why those songs are unreleased, much as i love them. most of them were written a decade or more ago, and a lot of the repetition & tackiness is explained/justified by the fact that she's a prolific writer but not everything was meant to be heard by the general public. i mean, a lot of them give us a glimpse into her writing process rather than being finished products, and we hear her experimenting with melodies, imagery, themes, etc. but above all, i expect evolution and improvement from a musician, not staying stuck in the past endlessly recycling lyrics/themes that she'd write about when she was 22. i know a lot of people want her to go back to Lizzy & even BTD era, and that's fine, but i just don't.

Why do the gays keep doing this? It's not funny it's just annoying. Like do they really think they're fooling us?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why do the gays keep doing this? It's not funny it's just annoying. Like do they really think they're fooling us?

2018 is the year for the attention whores sis

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: