Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

UV IS HER BEST ALBUM AND SHE WILL NEVER TOP IT

TEA

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I just want drama and beauty. To me, the drama in Lana's music comes from the topic of each song.. Even if the song is just about finding a beach to sit on w.o paparazzi, she finds a way to sing about it like its the most important thing in the world that has ever happened to anyone, whatever the sentiment; its the most devastating, the most heart breaking, the most thought provoking, etc... and now thanks to more happy Lana, I want to know what it feels like to hear it be the most life affirming - perhaps not even in a romantic sentiment. A few tracks on LFL do this; Get Free, Love, and Lust for Life mainly. (Rip Yosemite, sounds like it would fit there too). Maybe this is a bit selfish of a concept, or extra, etc. but think about it... doesn't falling out of love feel like the end of the world? The songs of her previous albums to me convey the depth of that feeling very well from Lana's perspective, and I can relate because I feel like I am similarly hyper emotional about things, but not super open about it, so listening to her music is kind of like listening to the intensity of the way I perceive things myself... I know I'm overthinking this and being gay as hell, but whatever.

This could be folk, or whatever genre really, but I just want beauty and drama; theatrics. Doesn't need to be a full string orchestra (though that is always welcome). 

More concretely, I love the dream pop influences in Ultraviolence with the wall of sound choruses and all of that slow burning glory that kind of carried into a few tracks on Honeymoon. To me, these are quintessential Lana.

Ultraviolence is as good as Honeymoon :angie:

facts! honeymoon and ultraviolence are the best albums to ever be released. The rest of her discography isn't far from that though

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Don't you want to come to my motel honey?

Don't you want to hold me down, tell me that you love me?

I never really loved nobody,

but you.

I want at least one more song with this VIBE in her carreer :defeated:

a song  tumblr_inline_p8neaaX0zc1sbqzcx_250.gif

I just want drama and beauty. To me, the drama in Lana's music comes from the topic of each song.. Even if the song is just about finding a beach to sit on w.o paparazzi, she finds a way to sing about it like its the most important thing in the world that has ever happened to anyone, whatever the sentiment; its the most devastating, the most heart breaking, the most thought provoking, etc... and now thanks to more happy Lana, I want to know what it feels like to hear it be the most life affirming - perhaps not even in a romantic sentiment. A few tracks on LFL do this; Get Free, Love, and Lust for Life mainly. (Rip Yosemite, sounds like it would fit there too). Maybe this is a bit selfish of a concept, or extra, etc. but think about it... doesn't falling out of love feel like the end of the world? The songs of her previous albums to me convey the depth of that feeling very well from Lana's perspective, and I can relate because I feel like I am similarly hyper emotional about things, but not super open about it, so listening to her music is kind of like listening to the intensity of the way I perceive things myself... I know I'm overthinking this and being gay as hell, but whatever.

This could be folk, or whatever genre really, but I just want beauty and drama; theatrics. Doesn't need to be a full string orchestra (though that is always welcome). 

More concretely, I love the dream pop influences in Ultraviolence with the wall of sound choruses and all of that slow burning glory that kind of carried into a few tracks on Honeymoon. To me, these are quintessential Lana.

Your posts are so articulate and well-thought out.

I love reading them :flutter:

HONEYMOON IS HER BEST ALBUM AND SHE WILL NEVER TOP IT

first you slander trashie love , and then you state this undeniable fact

I officially stan you 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

So... last night I had a dream about the LDR6: the album was really similar to honeymoon, but with a "lighter" mood, it had some pop beats, but they're really soft, I don't know. The whole album was like Pink lace (#ffddf4), and her lyrics were way more complex. She talked about politics, but in a more mature way. Her aesthetics were really LDR aka Lizzy Grant, with a lot of cute flowers and stuff. I mean, it was a cute, cohesive and good album. But the critics weren't so good (here metascore was 69). I remember that the song that I loved the most was the last one, it had a real trip hop feel, it was great. Oh, and instead of a photoshoot inside those "little books" (sorry i don't remember the name of those things that come with the cd), there's a lot of videos with Lana in a vintage swimsuit talking about politics, her personal life, art and science. A$AP Rock, Fionna Apple, Marina and Joan Baez did the interviews