Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

girls, rick nowels is a bop, he is the best hope we can have for the next album

the b who messes everything is lana, she changes her mind the whole dam time

i want JACK ANTONOFF

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

when was this LMAO

Honeymouns, on Insta, in June, posted a black and white photo of her, with that title underneath it, and it looked pretty darn real, like a real single and all (he even made false captures of links to Spotify and iTunes and all). But then again, he also made a false screenshot of yosemite being leaked to Youtube on April 1 :P

Nan, nothing at all, not even a selfie in studio or a trip or anything. The next thing planned for her is the show on August 10... 

You must be refering to the rumours stating that she would release a single either called "Dear Sylvia" (supposedly produced by Jack Antonoff), "She Just Died" (that one was a joke), or the "confirmation" of the collab with Marina... Nothing has been confirmed by anyone, as you can see. 

Again, the HIaB snippet was posted waaayyyy too soon (it was at least 4 months ago, if I count right)...

In the meantime, I will be listening to Robyn's new song  :D

I have always been intrigued by Wild One (i mean, a Justin parker song is always welcome), and RBFY was magnificient, as well as BAR. 

But am I the only one who doesn't care about Malibu? Get Free is perfect as it is... Ok, it's intriguing to guess what Malibu was about, but I am afraid that it was too personal and that no one beside her would connect to the song, maybe? 

I'm personally intrigued as I don't think we've ever had a song as personal as Ride or Get Free- in terms of what was going on in her head and how she was processing things, so to see that a song was too revealing, even for her- enough for it to be wiped entirely melody lyrics and all - is so damn intriguing and enticing  

Stop dreaming!! Wasn't it registered during Honeymoon!?!

BPBP was also registered during Honeymoon, your point is

I'm personally intrigued as I don't think we've ever had a song as personal as Ride or Get Free- in terms of what was going on in her head and how she was processing things, so to see that a song was too revealing, even for her- enough for it to be wiped entirely melody lyrics and all - is so damn intriguing and enticing

BPBP was also registered during Honeymoon, your point is

That one was a different BPBP wasn't it the rum punch one!?! Also if y'all didn't know that was a book which is kind of an inspiration/adaptation to Quentin Tarintono's* Jackie Brown. That old wild one was probably re worked. & Tbh IDK but you definitely have a better hope of catching Yosemite than wild one. Wild one is more elusive than LIB which would deserve a release over that scrapped track as it was actually teased. Same goes for Yosemite, what's left of RBFY, & the OG LFL. Sharing Wild One's crib of decay is the 4 scrapped political tracks unless somebody managed to get their hands on them. Also, nobody should get their hopes up for Malibu at all. Trust me, I want it dearly too. But, she said it was so personal that she didn't want it to leak. So, she literally deleted it from EXISTENCE! It's gone from ha recycle bin & phone memos & all! Anywho, keep praying for LIB, RBFY, & Yosemite!!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

What sonic direction does everyone think LDR6 will take? At this point, there are so many things she could explore - based on the lyrical themes of Change/Get Free, the album could take a more stripped back, organic approach, but based on her attitude and style during the LA to the Moon tour, I could see it incorporating elements of mainstream pop music, especially harder beats. What do you all think? 

Coming out of retirement to say that I would still like Rick for *some* of the LDR6 production, but I’d like to see Lana experiment with some other people for fresh sounds/writing. An album with work from Kevin Parker from Tame Impala, Bernard Butler (Rockferry by Duffy), Mark Ronson (we never got to listen to what they worked on in 2014/15) and Jack Antonoff wouldn’t be a bad idea... And I’d also LOVE to see her work with Dan Auerbach and Dan Heath again.

Alright that was it, I’ll come back until she actually announces something x

97a673f2d.jpg

Speculative, but think about it. After every adventure, every conflict, every test, comes a resolution. Lfl was kind of that adventure, and sure most likely, she'll be able to take from the fragments of Lfl and give opportunity from within the subtopics and pages from the tracks but, usually, when someone finishes anything, before they start anything again, there's a breath, where you wait, listen and let the rush linger in you just a bit more. The adrenaline of achieving something new takes you over, and at the very least, you come to appreciate things that survive after the merge. 

I wonder if that's the route she was really taking when it came to HiaB, talking about the happy places in Yosemite, and so on. It'd seem like the most natural thing to write about imo. That's what she's kind of done from Paradise right? Veined from Born to Die, and even Honeymoon, from all the chaos UV captured?

UV/Honeymoon

stream Malibu by Miley Cyrus today!

no thanks i don't listen to culture vultures xo

What sonic direction does everyone think LDR6 will take? At this point, there are so many things she could explore - based on the lyrical themes of Change/Get Free, the album could take a more stripped back, organic approach, but based on her attitude and style during the LA to the Moon tour, I could see it incorporating elements of mainstream pop music, especially harder beats. What do you all think? 

always a tough question to answer, that one, especially this time around, since we have no clue whatsoever. And even if we asked Lana, I'm not sure the answer would be representative of what we'll get (she pretty much answers according to the songs she is working on at the moment).

She supposedly said to fans that the production would be like Change, so I expect a couple of songs to be more stripped-down, something like You Must Love Me. HIaB could be in that vein also. If Yosemite makes the album, a bit of folk-ish sounds will be there as well (I am secretly hoping we get a finished BAR to go with Yosemite). One song could be a sorta continuation of Get Free (or, at least, refer to it). Maybe one or two songs could be more upbeat, to change the tempo a bit.