Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

We know there is a growing interest in the music industry. We do think that there is a favorable momentum and the process that we are getting into is really to be able to crystallize the Universal Music Group's value in that context; and also to find the right partner of right partners to be able to accelerate this trend in the best possible way for Universal Music, for Vivendi and for all its shareholders.”   

Looking at the company’s results, it will have a good story to tell potential suitors. In the first six months of the year ended June 30, the Universal Music Group say revenue grew 6.8% on a constant currency basis.

stan talent and success  :gclap: 

stream one kiss now! 

tea! lana's grammy controversy causes their revenue to skyrocket! stream honeymoon and lust for life laidteas xo 

Surely not LDR6 since it is probably very much done and has a sort of release date (or I wish it has).

But maybe the following ones, depending on the future sales and who will preside over Interscope from there on?

girl LDR5 was't even nowhere near done and she dropped that bitch anyway

I dont want Rick gone, but i do think Lana needs to work with some newer and more fresh producers and experiment a little bit more. I dont think Rick messed Lust for Life up, i actually think it was all Lana's decisions lmaoo - i love her but i don't think she should take full control of producing

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Rick isn’t bad. I think she needs to work with more producers and let other people play with her music too. It’d be cool to hear another Dan Auerbach x Lana. Kid Cudi would be a cool producer for her to work with, he makes such weird/different music. Lil Silva would actually be really cool too. Just anyone but Dr Luke and I don’t think she’d ever do that because he’s too generic and everything he makes sounds so much alike it’s almost like everything he’s made is the same song over and over. Honestly I’d like to hear what her band could come up with without Rick or Dan or Emile or anyone. Just playing around on their instruments.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This is painful. Are there any rumors? Any hints? 

It's been over a year since LFL. I didn't expect a new album yet - but at least some news on when we might expect something. I thought I saw some stuff on Twitter saying there was supposed to be a new single in June, but she pushed back.

She should work with Portishead. A lot of them habe been out to produce othet artists work.

Or with John Parish. He's a mastermind.

And the only duet I want to hear is with Mark Lanegan.

No mainstream-pop shit pls.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

She should work with Portishead. A lot of them habe been out to produce othet artists work.

Yes!

I sometimes make an iTunes playlist with songs from Lana, Portishead, Massive Attack and Mazzy Star and it flows so well! Imagine Lana's voice with the darkness of Portishead's music, this would be incredible.

It's been over a year since LFL. I didn't expect a new album yet - but at least some news on when we might expect something. I thought I saw some stuff on Twitter saying there was supposed to be a new single in June, but she pushed back.

who-said-that-2.gif

Ban Rick? Are y’all dumb? He was involved in creating the masterpiece Honeymoon and y’all want him dropped.

mess.com/gayscantread (jk)

he did make HM, but he also made the worst tracks on LFL which cancels out and puts Justin, Dan, and Emile above him

yes please

I want her to collab with Beach House

YAS

just imagine of what we could've gotten/could have

tenor.gif?itemid=4901834

-----

oRIrJ4N.jpg

qQ4yzWd.png

QRrsZ3i.png

rBIAaSG.png

IVVAlLG.png

4Elv3ct.png

Don’t forget So Good!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Nan, nothing at all, not even a selfie in studio or a trip or anything. The next thing planned for her is the show on August 10... 

You must be refering to the rumours stating that she would release a single either called "Dear Sylvia" (supposedly produced by Jack Antonoff), "She Just Died" (that one was a joke), or the "confirmation" of the collab with Marina... Nothing has been confirmed by anyone, as you can see. 

Again, the HIaB snippet was posted waaayyyy too soon (it was at least 4 months ago, if I count right)...

In the meantime, I will be listening to Robyn's new song  :D

just imagine of what we could've gotten/could have

tenor.gif?itemid=4901834

-----

oRIrJ4N.jpg

qQ4yzWd.png

QRrsZ3i.png

rBIAaSG.png

IVVAlLG.png

4Elv3ct.png

I have always been intrigued by Wild One (i mean, a Justin parker song is always welcome), and RBFY was magnificient, as well as BAR. 

But am I the only one who doesn't care about Malibu? Get Free is perfect as it is... Ok, it's intriguing to guess what Malibu was about, but I am afraid that it was too personal and that no one beside her would connect to the song, maybe?