Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

so do u guys think someone's gonna spot her at the airport on thursday or are we gonna have to wait till friday, discuss.

Wdym?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

She's gonna perform at a festival on Friday. :)

Oh thank you!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Okay, but how many of you became fans after Ultraviolence? She hasn't been 'dead' since BTD. Her fan base basically doubled after UV, and it sure as hell isn't dropping, nor ever will because Lana is too smart and classy to ever do That Stupid Thing that makes everyone hate her, unlike all the others out there, so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm actually surprised I became a fan during the UV release. I only started listening to blue jeans / born to die / summertime sadness like 2 months before west coast came out. I'm really proud of my 2014 self for recognising the greatness of UV despite the fact it was nothing like I had ever listened to or would've expected myself to listen to

Listening to the 3 most popular songs from BTD in itself was unexpected of me tbh. I remember feeling the apprehension of listening to alternativeish music, but then I dove right into it

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Okay, but how many of you became fans after Ultraviolence? She hasn't been 'dead' since BTD. Her fan base basically doubled after UV, and it sure as hell isn't dropping, nor ever will because Lana is too smart and classy to ever do That Stupid Thing that makes everyone hate her, unlike all the others out there, so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I was thinking about that the other day. So many pop artist always make a fool out of themselves, usually on social media, constantly (IE - Halsey). Lana really has stayed in her lane for the past 7 years and it's paid off, literally and figuratively. Even when she was talking about the presidential debates she stayed in her lane, and focused more on the importance of knowledge before voting. 

I was thinking about that the other day. So many pop artist always make a fool out of themselves, usually on social media, constantly (IE - Halsey). Lana really has stayed in her lane for the past 7 years and it's paid off, literally and figuratively. Even when she was talking about the presidential debates she stayed in her lane, and focused more on the importance of knowledge before voting.

Her only problematic behavior is the cultural appropriation teas...that Spanish accent was toeing the line..

I just came to say that I need another Cruel World/ Money Power Glory/Sad Girl explosive kind of track. I was honestly hoping that In My Feelings would channel all that rage and pain, or at least have some kind of ferocity to it. All we got was irritation that might've started numbing. 

need the intensity that we used to get from UV 

CHyW9Kj.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I actually know like four girls who became fans after UV and during Honeymoon.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Her only problematic behavior is the cultural appropriation teas...that Spanish accent was toeing the line..

True,  but she was called out and stopped it quickly cause the last thing she wants is the reputation that says she is priveleged and ignorant. 

I actually know like four girls who became fans after UV and during Honeymoon.

Same,  the other people I know who like her just as much as I do only caught on after UV

True, but she was called out and stopped it quickly cause the last thing she wants is the reputation that says she is priveleged and ignorant.

She just did the fake Spanish accent at her South America Lollapalooza shows in March/April though.

She just did the fake Spanish accent at her South America Lollapalooza shows in March/April though.

I wasn't aware of the accent part,  I was talking more about the native american headdress and day of the dead stuff in Tropico, but omg,  Lana  :defeated:  what

Well yknow,  when you put it that way,  she is obsessed with sounding exotic. How she mentioned that the name Lana Del Rey sounded exotic and beautiful. Most exotic flower. You like your women Spanish. I mean,  she can actually speak Spanish so I don't see the problem with throwing some Spanish words in her songs,  but i'ma not gonna unsee this now  :facepalm:

I wasn't aware of the accent part, I was talking more about the native american headdress and day of the dead stuff in Tropico, but omg, Lana :defeated: what

Well yknow, when you put it that way, she is obsessed with sounding exotic. How she mentioned that the name Lana Del Rey sounded exotic and beautiful. Most exotic flower. You like your women Spanish. I mean, she can actually speak Spanish so I don't see the problem with throwing some Spanish words in her songs, but i'ma not gonna unsee this now :facepalm:

https://youtu.be/1QLc0L0OpfM

Here’s the video. She kinda decreases it as she goes on. But the very beginning made me cringe lmao. She sounds like the Latina/Chola characters in OITNB

But yeah at least she stopped the visual appropriation

Y'all act like appropriation is a thing. I want her to be chola like!! She just needs a few pointers that's it! She's pretty much got it down. She's not even doing it out of disrespect. Anywho though, I hope we get another single soon. Like on the anniversary of LFL

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Here’s the video. She kinda decreases it as she goes on. But the very beginning made me cringe lmao. She sounds like the Latina/Chola characters in OITNB

But yeah at least she stopped the visual appropriation

What the fucking hell that's the messiest thing I've ever heard. I thought you meant she was doing it while singing  :lmao: