Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

People​ wanting a mature 32 year old to go backwards and then act like an innocent teenage reminds me of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"

and that final scene on the beach

(what a trio that would make Bette, Joan & Elizabeth with a little Victor Buono thrown in)(impossible to just have a little Victor there)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

People​ wanting a mature 32 year old to go backwards and then act like an innocent teenage reminds me of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"

and that final scene on the beach

(what a trio that would make Bette, Joan & Elizabeth with a little Victor Buono thrown in)(impossible to just have a little Victor there)

But she IS going backwards with LFL or those cringy tourlife lyrics

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The beats on Honeymoon made the album really stand out. They blended well with the rest of the instrumentation and were not the focus of the songs. The problem with some songs on LFL is that the trap beats dominate the other instrumentation and are distracting at some points. They don't blend in with the rest of the music like they did on Honeymoon.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

The beats on Honeymoon made the album really stand out. They blended well with the rest of the instrumentation and were not the focus of the songs. The problem with some songs on LFL is that the trap beats dominate the other instrumentation and are distracting at some points. They don't blend in with the rest of the music like they did on Honeymoon.

Except for groupie love and cherry..These are the only songs on LFL where the trap beats work. They are really subtle on cherry, being a nice touch, and on groupie love they just blend really well with that golden instrumental 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

this, tbh. she seems over a lot of the themes she used to sing about and has become a lot more socially conscious than she used to be (like retiring Cola or her reaction to the 'if i get a little prettier' line p much prove). her lyrics have always reflected her interests/obsessions and she's definitely growing out of and/or starting to think critically about a lot of what she used to be into, so i don't think she's gonna go back either. the imagery will stay, as will the fascination with everything dark & seedy and a certain willingness to transgress, but imo the lyrics will keep going LFL forward rather than BTD back, so a lot of ppl will just have to deal.

Lana if you're reading this, please for the love of God stay away from those devil trap beats. She's a cute girl but I don't think she has what it takes.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

ladies, we all know that Lana can fart into a mic and there will be stans for it and haters for it . this next album may not be her "best" to a lot of people because we all have a mindset of our favorite sounds from her and know what album we like most . i do know for sure that whatever direction Lana takes us in lyrics/sound will have us all loving her still and we will all be happy because it's Lana . regardless if there is no dark,sad place in her mind anymore, i know that she will come through with melodies to die for . keep hope x

giphy.gif

ladies, we all know that Lana can fart into a mic and there will be stans for it and haters for it . this next album may not be her "best" to a lot of people because we all have a mindset of our favorite sounds from her and know what album we like most . i do know for sure that whatever direction Lana takes us in lyrics/sound will have us all loving her still and we will all be happy because it's Lana . regardless if there is no dark,sad place in her mind anymore, i know that she will come through with melodies to die for . keep hope x

True /: a lot of people here are gonna hate the folk album but the truth is

anigif_enhanced-24271-1450890469-10.gif

People are already divided over a 30 second snippet

But I'm curious as well. Will the "Happiness Is a Butterfly" singer unite the fandom once more?

I see Lana's albums as destinations she takes us upon, a journay in time as well. Each album is an experiment on its own, like visiting a different city or country. Each has its individuality,each reflects a certain period of her life. And I really enjoy that. I like where the snippet seems to take us, somewhere peaceful and introspective... I had a lot of expectations for LFL... I really thought it would be her "happy album". But when it came out, I was in a different mindset, realizing that the quest to happiness is a long and winding road. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that LFL had that similar mood to it. Maybe this is why I like it so much. I don't mind its diversity, its different genres all in one, and even that some songs are less poilished (Change for example), because it makes sense when you take the album as a whole. 

AKA - A trailer park in Florida

Born To Die - New York in late winter / early spring

Paradise - The Nevada Desert (On the road)

Ultraviolence - San Francisco at night

Honeymoon - Hollywood during the spring

Lust For Life - Topanga / Los Angeles in the summer

Did someone on this thread have the sheer audacity to say that Video Games was a Happy Song????

​and, btw, Honeymoon was no Happy song nor album either.until the final battle outcome and she directly wanted to make sure

​that she was NOT misunderstood there.

one might have to go back to Gramma

Yes lana did, in several interviews

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I agree with this except Ultraviolence for me is Los Angeles (venice beach) in July, and Honeymoon is Hollywood during late summer (August)

Honeymoon is such an "orange sunset on a humid mid-summer day" kinda album. I don't see the spring vibes. LFL seems more spring to me.

Born to Die also seems like quite a summer album.

Agreed

except I'd switch BTD and UV, UV seems more cold weather New-Yorker attitude to me

i hope lana knows happiness is just an emotion and that it comes and goes. she acts like one day she’ll be eternally happy but it doesn't work that way

I think that's what her song HIAB is about, she is trying to say happiness comes and goes and is hard to catch and maintain

I think that's what her song HIAB is about, she is trying to say happiness comes and goes and is hard to catch and maintain

i thought it was about trying to stop chasing it because once she stops she’ll truly be happy. didnt she post a poem quote on twitter that said that if you chase a butterfly youll never catch it but if you stand still itll land on you?

in her interviews she keeps talking about this eternally happy place that shes trying to reach (which is why she never released Yosemite because she wasnt there yet). she even mentioned in Change that by the time summers done she might be able to change and be happy. i just dont think she realizes that everyone has good and bad days, you cant have only good days otherwise are you really happy?

THIS!^

I would like to see Lana write more refined tracks. Imagine a song like Ride written with Lana's current insight and life experience. I don't want Lana to go backwards, unless it's for a good reason.