Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

How do we get Ariana Grande to bully Lana into releasing the album? Any ideas?

:whine: release your damn album :whine: yah yah cuz i'm booooored :whine: 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I know it's crazy, but what if Ben took time to read this thread? He could've seen that most people here are complaning about piano ballads and want surf rock or whatever it is? And it could be a reason why Lana was back in the studio with Jack. She might have reworked or is reworking the production of the album into something that fans want. Of course it's only a speculation but that could also explain why Ben hates us so much. Some of you are really harsh with Lana and her work. Someone who reads a few pages for the first time might think you're starting to hate Lana and wouldn't support her anymore, which is a scary thing for a manager. They want the artist to keep their fans.

That's all for me and my crazy theory

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Same I legit stopped listening to them and the snippets. I honestly just grew tired and bored of them because I overplayed them because Lana ruined the era. I'm just going to download the zip once it leaks. My streams will not be supporting Miss Rey this year after what she's put us through :awkney:

For the first time ever with her, I’m afraid that when she finally does something, I wont be excited but will just say: « About fucking time! »

There were painful moments in the LFL era but when the 2 pre-order singles got out, my hype came back. I’m sure I will enjoy NFR, but I am too tired of getting disappointed right now.

As someone with a burning, deep-seated hatred for the music industry, spending money on albums -physical or digital- just isn't my thing. It's not something I do willy nilly. An artist has to mean a lot to me, or be my personal friend, for me to want to actually buy their albums, and even then... I usually spend a few years thinking about it before finally biting the bullet. I don't regret buying Lana's albums, and I'm definitely open to buying future releases, but I'd literally rather eat my money than buy NFR. I'm not spending my hard-earned money to support this messiness, this laziness, and this shit fucking attitude. I actually work for this money? Hurting myself to earn this money. So yeah, I'm going to spend it on something that makes me feel joy instead of frustration :whatever: 

white m*stang says hi

Tomorrow Never Came comes along and ties both up with daisy chains and concrete and chucks them into a river. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Oh wow. I wonder how many pages we’ll get to before she actually announces something

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I get both sides, or at least try to understand it, so there. We all want something from her, which she so happens to be so good at, so it works. She's known to be extremely defensive when it comes to her work, so she's entitled to keeping it under wraps til she finds the want to tell us anything. She's been preoccupied w the poetry book, andhas been teasing it, so I'm guessing she'll do the same when she's ready - we don't know the entire story too so

It'd be great if she gave us any updates on the record, but I guess no answer is an answer too, so we're basically fucked. All we can hope for is that she's pulling off some kind of does the end justify the means heaven's reward (fallacy?) shit, which she'll hopefully pull off cus I mean she actually does better when she's not listening to her fans and why like an artist if u want them to be molded thru u instead of letting them be 

Personally I don't think it helps as much when we're shitting on work that's basically irrevocable, and if the anguish behind the entire wait is so deep seated, then I'd recommend lessening the focus on these things like damn ma there's more to life than this I imagine 

Some kind of assurance would be heavenly, especially right now miss Del Rey, insta baddie lyfe can get so empty so quick, it'd be such a waste 

What's stopping her from releasing Cinnamon? :crossed:

The fact that she's a Groupie Love waiting on NfR's reincarnation of SB, still both gay 29z4z1h.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

Her « distance » and mystery on social media, with times of absence, kinda helped build her image as an unusual singer, out of the box. She loves that we are filling the blanks with what she gives us and it has helped solidate her fan base.

But! Like I said, when SHE starts a pre-release era, it’s her job to come through sooner than what we have here. And I say that very painfully and with much regrets since I love her with all my heart. I love her art so much, but a crash course 101 on how to promote an album could be a good idea lol.

Her « distance » and mystery on social media, with times of absence, kinda helped build her image as an unusual singer, out of the box. She loves that we are filling the blanks with what she gives us and it has helped solidate her fan base.

To be honest, I think the last thing her absence did was make anyone's heart grow fonder. Her little cult followers would be just as rabid if she put out a new song every single day, they don't need to miss her to go crazy over everything she does. Her more casual fans probably forgot she even exists. And the rest of us (most of us) are frustrated and disappointed. The overall sentiment seems to be "just give us the damn thing already", and that's not positive in any way.... Lana and her management killed so much of the genuine excitement for this album with how they've handled things. I'm sure we're still going to love the music, but I feel like this whole thing has been ruined for me. And I know many other fans feel this way too :(

During this dry season, 

I feel like this is important 

https://www.wikifeet.com/Lana_Del_Rey

64d40582534ea2c8551f48be13087be3--reacti

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

To be honest, I think the last thing her absence did was make anyone's heart grow fonder. Her little cult followers would be just as rabid if she put out a new song every single day, they don't need to miss her to go crazy over everything she does. Her more casual fans probably forgot she even exists. And the rest of us (most of us) are frustrated and disappointed. The overall sentiment seems to be "just give us the damn thing already", and that's not positive in any way.... Lana and her management killed so much of the genuine excitement for this album with how they've handled things. I'm sure we're still going to love the music, but I feel like this whole thing has been ruined for me. And I know many other fans feel this way too :(

Amen!