Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I hear "whataver" instead of "forever" but I also have the hearing of a 89 yo grandma so  :teehee:

I also nead new headphones... i just bought a sony but the quality is not that good and i want a JBL but idk if i'm ready to commit so soon...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

On Sept 20, 2018 someone (I could be wrong but that’s how it looked on the whois lookup) in Panama created normanfuckingrockwell.com which doesn’t lead to a website, it’s just like a blank ad site but keep your eyes on that, that site may lead to something (or maybe it’s nothing idfk) but seemed interested

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

paradise is an EEEEEEEEEE PPPPPPPPPPPPP not an LP when will u fags listen

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I always count the studio album "Born To Die: The Paradise Edition" as one single era.

That's interesting, I view the albums are completely separate but since (and maybe it's bc I wasn't a fan at the time so I don't really know) there wasn't a tour or much much live performances during early BTD era I only consider Para to be a real first era. 

And I do the same than you for Gaga though, when I first downloaded her music it was presented as The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) with all the songs so I didn't knew The Fame was a separate record, I thought it was just a double feature

ZKcaooE.png

paradise is an EEEEEEEEEE PPPPPPPPPPPPP not an LP when will u fags listen

Obviously never. Although, I count it as an LP just for the sake of it.

But yeah, it's an EP no matter what.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

^ actually after A.K.A & before Ultraviolence, the body of work Lana released - BTD & Paradise - are very similar, sonically & thematically... and then they were packaged as the same project.

The lyrical inspiration for BTD & Paradise are also the same- Allan Ginsberg & Whitman. So they definitely qualify as a single era for me.

^ actually after A.K.A & before Ultraviolence, the body of work Lana released - BTD & Paradise - are very similar, sonically & thematically... and then they were packaged as the same project.

The lyrical inspiration for BTD & Paradise are also the same- Allan Ginsberg & Whitman. So they definitely qualify as a single era for me.

I agree, I see it as one era, just drawn out over about 2ish years. I used to not keep a separate Paradise album but because iTunes doesn’t allow multiple album covers per disc, I have in my iTunes BTD: Deluxe Edition, BTD: Paradise Edition, and Paradise EP by itself. Which seems weird I know but they’re just so seamlessly related I like having it that way

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It's the same era for me, but I can't say Paradise is "Born to Die Deluxe Edition 2". It's an EP called Paradise, like a little continuation of Born to Die album. Same era, same aesthetics, same lyrics, same melodies, but different record (if that's the right word for it).

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

For me Born To Die and Paradise are two completely distinct bodies of work. Like... all BTD music videos have Lana mostly rocking the same aesthetic (reddish big hair, retro chic outfits) and then BAM we have Ride and Lana has big curly black hair and the video aesthetic is very different from the previous ones. Also we have Tropico, which is also very different from everything she presented on BTD. Sonically they can be "similar" but I still find the things she approached on Paradise more "dark" idk  :crossed:  

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Paradise can NEVER be EP...

for simple reason that EP (extended play) is a record up to 30 minutes

LP (long play) or album is above 30 minutes

Paradise is 33 minutes

:)

You're using the old standards. Digital platforms changed the standards for how releases are classified. Anything between 1 to 3 tracks in length is a single (with or without b-sides), anything 4 to 8 tracks in length is an EP and anything with 9 or more tracks in length is an LP. The standard edition of Paradise is 8 tracks. Therefore, it is an EP.