May

James Franco to Release "Flip-Side: Real and Imaginary Conversations with Lana Del Rey"

Somebody has a huge crush on her! Oh my God this man should just put a ring on it already. Seriously though, I have seen his movies and he as an artist cannot hold a candle to her but I suppose I will read this because I am always curious about the mind of a creative genius like Lana. He does seem to get it but cannot even copy it so I do not know. She took 6 chords on a guitar and created a raw and brilliant career...a genius and the more you know the better. 

I think he said he is in love with her music. (like alot of us..lol..), but i think thats about it. they do know each other obviously, but im fairly certain she didn't

want much to do with a book being written about her.. i wonder if (like someone else posted above), it will be alot of fairly pretentious poetry writings and such..

after all, james is an actor.. if so, not too interested in that kinda read, which i would suspect maybe that would be the case.. but if its actually interesting original

factual info on her, that would be very cool.

This is so random.Yesterday I was thinking that Lana probably feels more comfortable being interviewed by those she trust like Chuck or James...

Anyway I'm honestly quite happy and despite the fact it probably be somewhat pretentious I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out as I also find their  relationship interesting. I can't wait to see some of the photos aswell...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

James Franco is in many ways the male Lana Del Rey (as he says without the voice).

Read his book from a few years ago, of short stories- Palo Alto and then you can clearly picture what this book is.

I just recently read it, and damn if Lana's music (the songs from prior to when he wrote it) seemed to have been running in the background.

And the characters in the stories, while fictional I could easily picture both James and Lana  portraying ones in many of the stories

While it is fictional, it is so vivid and real, it jumps to real life.

He could just have easily named the characters after people named in Lana songs

Really surprisingly great writer. (along with actor).

I have said in earlier posts, one day I believe Lana will get an Oscar from collaborating with James possibly in a writer/producer/director role.

perhaps for a short

But all you guys should read Palo Alto and then come back and comment again on this.

James and Lana are somewhat independent invisible muses co-opting the same intellectual space of creativity.

I can picture Franco's fictional book on Lana right now. Looking forward to reading it. Hope he does some book talks/signings when it comes out as he has for his others.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

These pictures  :poordat: the amount of them :defeated: God is real I feel so blessed. I need this book asap

Me @ your signature... 4zy4kXH.jpg

You always have the best signatures

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I'm so happy, I just preordered this, but by the time it comes out I would have totally forgotten about it so it will be the best surprise...unless amazon notifies me :brows3:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I kind of feel like they released the """worst""" pics on purpose to keep the best for this tbh. She's so fucking beautiful haaaaa I need the pics bigger. I'm getting heavy Lizzy Grant vibes in some, especially the 5th row 6th pic with the smile. This feels so intimate and natural, I'm really excited about the real parts, I'm obsessed with interviews of her

ZKcaooE.png

Me @ your signature... 4zy4kXH.jpg

You always have the best signatures

Omg that's so sweet of you to say this because it took me literally one hour with my terrible skills to make it lmao. 

ZKcaooE.png

Saw this yesterday, it looks really random.

All them photos look like they were taken on the same day since Lana is wearing all the same clothes, so is this just James writing about a day out with Lana lol?

umm it seemed pretty obvious to me they were "imaginary" cause before he's said how she is so "unreal". By the time this rolls around you will all be saying "i miss the honeymoon era :("

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Lana should do the Spoken audio book of this and that would be an easy way to get a Grammy award for BEST SPOKEN WORD as James Franco was nominated last year for

his latest book Actors Anonymous

(and award like that is somewhat like Matt Damon and Ben Affleck winning their's for something other than acting.

A grammy is a grammy, an Oscar is an Oscar

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

maybe the song flipside will be rereleased with this boooooook. but the version that blake had posted on his instagrammmmm. #dreamz

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

James Franco is in many ways the male Lana Del Rey (as he says without the voice).

Read his book from a few years ago, of short stories- Palo Alto and then you can clearly picture what this book is.

I just recently read it, and damn if Lana's music (the songs from prior to when he wrote it) seemed to have been running in the background.

If there are real conversations then LDR is probably like an executive producer for this. The imaginary conversations would have to be about his particularly kind of fandom. Franco seems to be a polarizing writer (Amazon reviews both highly positive and negative). What excites me about your comment (relating LDR earlier work to Palo Alto stories) is that we might also get some solid info about her unreleased period (at least will know if he even cares to talk about that). If the book does that with any depth, it would be well worth it.

Looking foward for the pictures and not much else. James Franco is sooo pretentious and his comments about wishing he was gay or whatever embarrass me. But I guess Lana is almost as pretentious as him so fits. 

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I'm going to definitely order this. I'm not fond of Franco, but I am interested to hear how him and Lana converse, especially given the way he talked about Lana in his V magazine interview earlier this year. Hopefully Lana will speak more in depth with him about her music since she's comfortable around him. I'm also really looking forward to some of these great photographs in the book as well.

I wanted to interview Lana for a book and she said, "Just write around me, it's better if it's not in my own words. It's almost better if you don't get me exactly, but try."

I feel like this is where the imaginary conversation idea may have come from.