partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I read from reddit that Lana supposed to play the main role in The Love Witch, is it true? Like reddit can't be a trusted source. I feel like she made a song for that movie. But it's just me speculating

43 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

No she wasn't supposed to play the main role in The Love Witch :toofunny:. I saw a tiktok that said the director wanted her to originally play the part but never reached out, but I feel like they just made that up cause the only thing I saw the director of The Love Witch say about Lana is that the comparisons of her and Elaine are superficial. Newer Lana fans tend to just make up their won facts, especially on tiktok and reddit lmao.

Wait LOLOLOLOL I think I remember where this rumour originated from:

On 2/2/2023 at 4:07 AM, Ultra Violet said:

No bc i spread a ridiculous Lana rumour and didnt get called out for like 2 years :toofloppy: 

I read in an article about The Love Witch (2016) film that the maker of the film had considered Lana for the role of Elaine but "decided to go with someone who wasnt such a big name". Thinking that the writer would know their facts, I spread this rumour around in various places for a while, with other Lana fans replying things like "omg thats amazing", etc. Only last year I got a youtube comment reply saying "girl you cant just make shit up", so i was like hmmm maybe I should go find the source, only to see it was GONE and the only mention of Lana I can find is from the maker saying that comparing Elaine to Lana Del Rey is a shallow comparison :eartha: i failed tens, possibly hundreds of lana fans, and I wont be trusting shit from writers unless it's backed up with an interview. My worst era :facepalm:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Just now, Coloringbooks said:

Wait LOLOLOLOL I think I remember where this rumour originated from:

i'm dead :eartha:

url%5D

On 8/19/2023 at 9:08 PM, Embach said:

What if she wanted to re-release Hollywood as Once Upon A Time In Hollywood soundtrack but Tarantino said no :illumarina:

I still think she wrote Heroin as a potential submission for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. That movie had been in development for many years. 

On July 11, 2017, it was announced that Quentin Tarantino's next film would be about the Manson murders.

I think she knew about that before the announcement and was in contact with Tarantino for the possibility of writing a theme song. Tarantino is very picky about the music though, so he probably said no to her after hearing an early version of the track.

54 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

I still think she wrote Heroin as a potential submission for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. That movie had been in development for many years. 

I think she knew about that before the announcement and was in contact with Tarantino for the possibility of writing a theme song. Tarantino is very picky about the music though, so he probably said no to her after hearing an early version of the track.

Maybe a demo version of Heroin where she maybe mentions more about the Mansons because I don't think she would submit a very personal song about her ex dying for that movie. 

But again, who knows, she's random :usrs: 

url%5D

36 minutes ago, Embach said:

Maybe a demo version of Heroin where she maybe mentions more about the Mansons because I don't think she would submit a very personal song about her ex dying for that movie. 

But again, who knows, she's random :usrs: 

Yeah possibly. But the lyrics are just too uncanny.

Sorry, but I just can't see Heroin fitting in any Tarantino movie at all. Like, it's very not his style. The lyrics mention the Mansons and have a 70s cultish vibe here and there, but besides that is too slow, dreamy, ambientish and ethereal to fit. I really love that song, but I just can't see it. 

11 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

Sorry, but I just can't see Heroin fitting in any Tarantino movie at all. Like, it's very not his style. The lyrics mention the Mansons and have a 70s cultish vibe here and there, but besides that is too slow, dreamy, ambientish and ethereal to fit. I really love that song, but I just can't see it. 

Which might be why he rejected her offer. Then again, we don't know what an early version of it sounded like. The OG Lust for Life demo sounds nothing like the final version.

Then again this is just a delulu theory but I definitely remember reading somewhere that Lana was VERY eager to be involved in that project. I also wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that 24 was written as an offer for a Bond theme.

15 hours ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Didn't he scrap all music submissions to the soundtrack as he only wanted "authentic" music in the movie?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Was bumping through old threads at the board…

IMG-4137.jpg

IMG-4141.jpg

i truly wondered what they meant w paradise song… my conclusion would be that- it was that paradise (incorporating axl rose hub) that was registered as lana had an encounter w justin earlier that year right? *w beautiful people/LIB

IMG-4142.jpg

another… @BENTLEY

IMG-4143.jpg

3 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Was bumping through old threads at the board…

IMG-4137.jpg

IMG-4141.jpg

i truly wondered what they meant w paradise song… my conclusion would be that- it was that paradise (incorporating axl rose hub) that was registered as lana had an encounter w justin earlier that year right? *w beautiful people/LIB

IMG-4142.jpg

another… @BENTLEY

IMG-4143.jpg

steven saint is steven mertens

according to lanapedia, justin parker is a songwriter/producer for paradise (2011), so i feel like it's most likely that one, instead of the 2015 one with axl rose husband lyrics

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

steven saint is steven mertens

according to lanapedia, justin parker is a songwriter/producer for paradise (2011), so i feel like it's most likely that one, instead of the 2015 one with axl rose husband lyrics

Ooh

thanks for the clarity as always from ya : ) …👍 gn

2 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Was without you demo 1 leaked under the name lizzy grant instead of lana? Or no name?… 

i think it’s already her lana del rey songs but i can’t tell how it was leaked

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 12/28/2022 at 2:35 PM, lanaismamom said:

maybe its the right thread to discuss this - JFK, Starry Eyed, I Don't Wanna Go and Wild One are Paradise outtakes? made for her second studio album but during Paradise sessions? outtakes for both projects? (not included Hollywood as this was recorded after Paradise was released)
we have this discussion for forever but never got any clarification and always had a large space for speculations on this theme - we need answers finally:defeated::oprah2::justride:

feeling low key responsible for this post:ma:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y