5. Summer of Sam
  6. Breaking My Heart
  7. Dynamite
  8. Television Heaven
  9. Hot Hot Hot
  10. Fake Diamond
  11. Back to tha Basics
  12. The Good Life

Well, looks like some of my prayers have been answered!

Once again, rereading interviews of lana from 2012 and i read an interview she done with australian and new zealand radios

W cameron adams (23/07/2012)

she said

1. she’s been scoring 4 upcoming films

chanel v (28/07/2012) she said

1. Yesterday (july 27) she went to a studio in Sidney to record 3 songs for an upcoming film and there are photos of her of heading to a studio. Those weren’t for an album (i’m quiet sure she decided to left the songs when she was finally offered to score movies)

personal comment:

1. 4 upcoming films? The movies i knew she was offered to be a part of was the abandoned harvey weinstein movie which lana was also offered to act in it (1) and gatsby (2)… (was age of adaline be conceptualized since 2012) and maybe tropico? (3) Tropico was written after she finished writing paradise, no? Maybe she miscounted 3 films for 4 films

2. think this must’ve been gatsby only

3. Those 3-4 songs i think were old money (1) and life is beautiful (2) (both have been speculated to be actually purposed for gatsby) ave maria (3) (if she had thought of a tropico for a longer time b4 + she worked with dan heath a lot on july 2012) and tropico ending ost… any guesses?

4 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Once again, rereading interviews of lana from 2012 and i read an interview she done with australian and new zealand radios

W cameron adams (23/07/2012)

she said

1. she’s been scoring 4 upcoming films

chanel v (28/07/2012) she said

1. Yesterday (july 27) she went to a studio in Sidney to record 3 songs for an upcoming film and there are photos of her of heading to a studio. Those weren’t for an album (i’m quiet sure she decided to left the songs when she was finally offered to score movies)

personal comment:

1. 4 upcoming films? The movies i knew she was offered to be a part of was the abandoned harvey weinstein movie which lana was also offered to act in it (1) and gatsby (2)… (was age of adaline be conceptualized since 2012) and maybe tropico? (3) Tropico was written after she finished writing paradise, no? Maybe she miscounted 3 films for 4 films

2. think this must’ve been gatsby only

3. Those 3-4 songs i think were old money (1) and life is beautiful (2) (both have been speculated to be actually purposed for gatsby) ave maria (3) (if she had thought of a tropico for a longer time b4 + she worked with dan heath a lot on july 2012) and tropico ending ost… any guesses?

Those 3 songs were definitely for Gatsby because the movie was fiilmed in Australia (in Sydney I assume) and the director (Baz Luhrmann) of the movie is also an Aussie. And I think these songs might be Old Money, Y&B and Life Is Beautiful because she worked on these songs with Dan Heath in 2012. Idk about Ave Maria though, I thought she worked on this song in 2013.

But scoring for 4 films...this is really interesting, I don't even know if she included Tropico too but one of them is definitely Gatsby. But I found this article, idk if it's about Tropico or not:

https://ew.com/article/2012/09/04/lana-del-rey-screenplay/

url%5D

2 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

This is bullshit i’m quiet sure ahaha

Yeah, that was quite worthless article in some ways lol

url%5D

8 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

And setting the record straight… is lolita a 2008 or 2010 song? Who produced all the demos? Which demo was made by dan grench?

i'm not sure about who produced which demos, maybe lanapedia lists them, but the first demo is from 2010

WGe8ynS.gif

9 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

i think carcase said art deco demo sounds very different from the final .... :hair:

Yup, that's why I'm so interested. I remember someone said that about Heroin demo too. I can't really imagine how different the demos could be from the album versions, maybe more stripped back? But I'm hoping for insane mindblowing demos :hair:

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

Yup, that's why I'm so interested. I remember someone said that about Heroin demo too. I can't really imagine how different the demos could be from the album versions, maybe more stripped back? But I'm hoping for insane mindblowing demos :hair:

both HM and LFL demos are incredible, so there's a high chance these are too!

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i just know the heroin demo(s) will change our lives, bless our souls, clear our skin, raise our grades, and cause a polar shift... :pray:

This! But my heart will break if the demo is better than the official version though :heidi:

url%5D

On 12/28/2023 at 12:00 PM, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Well, looks like some of my prayers have been answered!

Is Hot Hot Hot's producer not the person who produced Big Bad Wolf (Penny Foster version)?

The instrumental is pretty much the same

On 1/7/2023 at 5:27 PM, Lindsay Lohan said:

From my understanding, Paradise and Tropico were two different projects she was working on at the same time.

Paradise - An extension of Born To Die.

Tropico - An EP that was evolved into an album, then later scrapped and turned into Ultraviolence.

If I had to pin-point the moment the "Tropico" concept was scrapped I would guess it would have actually been around maybe March/April 2013 when she created West Coast. It's very obvious that was a turning point in her sound considering everything made before that doesn't sound like the stuff after that.

I feel like everyone is just assuming the Tropico trio (BE, G&M, Bel Air) was meant to be in Tropico, but we also have no solid proof for that like we do some other songs, it would be weird for Lana to do that but it's also something she would do :toofunny:

I also don't think it was just a place-holder because it stuck around for so long, I'm thinking it was the true title until Tropico (Film) was fully realized and she changed it to an actual place-holder title which would have been 'Trans-Am' before making the final switch to 'Ultraviolence' but that's all speculation..

---

If I had to create a timeline out of what makes sense for me it would look something like this:

(Dates are when I think they would have actively been worked on)

Paradise (Random song version, including Hollywood's Dead, Damn You, Starry Eyed, JFK + others) [Feb 2012 - June 2012)

Tropico (Idea created + started recording songs for the intent of an album but was shut down by label for being too soon) [May 2012 - Dec 2012]

Paradise (Final) [Apr 2012 - Aug 2012]

-

Tropico (Album / EP) [Aug 2012 - Feb 2013] *Possibly Trans Am

Tropico EP (The film trio + I Talk To Jesus) [May 2013 - Sep 2013]

Rick Nowels' Ultraviolence (Album) [June 2013 - Dec 2013]

Tropico EP (Final, removal of ITTJ) [Sep 2013 - Oct 2013]

Ultraviolence (Final) [Dec 2013 - Mar 2014]

for some little reason this thread has suddenly stricken my head because i recently found old post on lanaboards from a reliable member 

and definitely those early 2012 sessions - i don’t wanna go hollywood jfk starry eyed - sound different from paradise final, and they could’ve still been easily attouched to btd era sound wise…  maybe timeline wasn’t “btd re-issue”—“paradise full album”—"paradise ep", but “btd re-issue (full album named paradise, since there are a lot of btd outtakes that were in strong consideration)—"paradise ep" hold on… 

the thing that the stuff that was being recorded directly after paradise and up to march 2013 is significantly different from the rest of 2013 stuff, plus it still had something to do with that spiritual and cinematic paradise sound, but the only thing she released paradise as EP is because those projects were indeed different projects from the start, it’s just the inclusion of paradise tracks in film visuals making it very confusing, that made everybody think they are connected

but in fact if they would’ve been really connected, what could stop her from not releasing paradise ep? she could simply have combined those 9 tracks with september 2012-march 2013 sessions and made it a full separate album and attached it to the film - but that’s something everybody doesn’t know for sure

the only thing i misunderstood here, is that she announced TROPICO film in november 2012, but could that be done with different concept in mind, and her doing actual shooting (in june 2013) was already attached to paradise tracks, because probably she experienced a sort of deadline? or were visuals done with different songs in mind but because of some stuff she had to use already released paradise tracks? because her announcing tropico and doing a good amount of songs for that concept (tagging files with tropico tag etc), then there is this grey area (march-may) and, as i also agree, the beginning of Ultraviolence sessions with Rick in June (reworking tropico tracks aka angels forever and black beauty for the newer sound), and shooting film with changed concept, where paradise tracks could fit in…. it’s really the matter of fact when exactly she scrapped tropico, it could’ve been anytime between march-july tbh so this is still up to anybody to decide at the end of the day, but basing on all pieces of information we have got, i find this honeymouns timeline the most accurate to date, even tho i was in doubt with some of the timeline in past, now it’s pretty clear

its just…. i assumed btd reissue was supposed to have only 2011 songs, but this timeline + that post from ages ago, that i 100% believe is correct (therefore, that one post about trans-am being recorded at jan 4 2013 would start make more sense too),

it all changed my mind and made me reconsider the whole thing:oprah2: i really hope it will make sense to u, because…. it actually makes sense:true:

@Lindsay Lohani only misunderstood, was I Talk to Jesus really supposed to be on Tropico EP, or that is ur guess?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

9 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

it all changed my mind and made me reconsider the whole thing:oprah2: i really hope it will make sense to u, because…. it actually makes sense:true:

@Lindsay Lohani only misunderstood, was I Talk to Jesus really supposed to be on Tropico EP, or that is ur guess?

When I wrote that we still didn't know as much -- ITTJ was the first song found with the Tropico tag in the metadata so I think I assumed it was apart of the EP in some way? It's possible, but I think it makes more sense now if it was for the Tropico album instead, then reworked for Ultraviolence

Other than that I think the timeline is pretty solid

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

20 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

When I wrote that we still didn't know as much -- ITTJ was the first song found with the Tropico tag in the metadata so I think I assumed it was apart of the EP in some way? It's possible, but I think it makes more sense now if it was for the Tropico album instead, then reworked for Ultraviolence

Other than that I think the timeline is pretty solid

when do you think you'll be able to reveal the title of the going down in flames snippet that you hinted at knowing about in the leakfest thread5ea3ff6ffa2d80821cb91ee99d0b2bce_w200.gi

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

6 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

when do you think you'll be able to reveal the title of the going down in flames snippet that you hinted at knowing about in the leakfest thread5ea3ff6ffa2d80821cb91ee99d0b2bce_w200.gi

I would not expect to learn the title of that song anytime soon.

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I would not expect to learn the title of that song anytime soon.

wait why do we think this, did i miss smthn

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden