partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

16 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

didn't boz say that she scrapped tropico and made it into an ep because of label related reasons and started working on uv (melancholia)

BOZ is basing his info mostly on metadata from tracks though. So most of this, while based on some details/facts, is still speculation.

i think Paradise was meant to be full album (not EP, proper lenght album) with tracks we have + ~3 scrapped songs. then Tropico was for me only working title to project she was working and to everything she got at these times. when she had bright idea, vision and direction what she wanted get into, "Tropico" gone. this direction turned to be OG Ultraviolence which was mix of spirtual dark psychedelic cult vibes mixed with folk and singer-songwritter stripped down stuff. when she thought UV is done she met Dan and history moment happened and we have one of her magnum opuses.

to Tropico. she didn't want this concept completly not used so movie to Paradise tracks happened. 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Didn’t they say UV was originally folk driven?

Or atleast more acoustic 

idk but it would make sense... dragonslayer, ufb, earthquakes, lake placid, notg, cherry blossom, living legend are all much more lowkey than the final verision of uv we got

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

It’s all quite fascinating. Trying to tie things together, maybe Tropico was supposed to be a Multimedia project of Album (Paradise songs and early ultraviolence outtakes) + Movie? But then she realized the timing wouldn’t work out and decided to go for a Born To Die “full” re-release (Paradise Edition) instead of just putting up 2/3 new songs. (This could be further confirmed for that Interview she said “the re-release now will be it’s own thing”, I can’t remember correctly but I’m almost sure if when she really confirmed the Paradise Edition after the early hints of the album being re-released). 

Once she figured out Paradise, Tropico was kept for the Movie only and, by that point, probably focused on Paradise material only. Didn’t she confirm Tropico when she put out that Bel Air music video with “I lost my reputation, I forgot my truth, but I have my beauty and I  have my youth. Tropico Film 2013” circa November 2012?

I also realize this invalidates our dreaming about track list for January 2013 but I’m sure BlackoutZone himself said Tropico was a mix of Paradise and other songs, and it doesn’t make much sense she’d tease a full album while publishing a music video for upcoming re-release, or call it just “a movie” while having a brand new record in mind. Idk idk idk just trying to understand life.

summing up; I think the track list with “pink champagne/earthquakes” and other songs are basically a real early Ultraviolence sketch (songs in progress) and by that point she already had dropped “Tropico” (as an album) concept, which itself was made up for sessions from post BTD-really late 2012. The whole cost for Tropico and producing and writing as a short movie were probably being planned almost “back to back” with Ride and Anthony on her side. It sounds crazy to envision a whole movie without the music to back it up.

3 hours ago, cranekiss said:

Here's everything that leaked this past week, enjoy

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a7b4c70096c1ef1c6b7b0c4f97dcc4ba20230330132630/874a2c/

INFO:

01 Earthquakes.mp3 - 2012 song intended for Tropico / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
01 Lake Placid.mp3 - 2012 song intended for Tropico / Rework of "I Don't Wanna Go" / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
Ave_Maria_BUD.mp3 - Ultraviolence outtake, uses the instrumental of "Ave Maria" by Dan Heath. Apparently was considered for Tropico as well according to BZ.
Driving In CHURCHapi 21Feb14 Lim.mp3 - Ultraviolence rework of "Driving in Cars with Boys" / Produced by Paul Epworth
FINE CHINA JF version 1.mp3 - The real version of Fine China; produced by James Ford
he hits me because he loves me.m4a - Rough laptop demo from 2012 / Tropico/Ultraviolence outtake
Let me love you like a woman.mp3 - Actual title is Pink Champagne / 2012 song intended for Tropico / Demo of "Let Me Love You Like a Woman", produced by Paul Epworth / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
Madly Day 2 Ruff.mp3 - Ultraviolence outtake / Recorded on October 1st, 2013
MELANCHOLIA.m4a - 2012 concept demo of "Ultraviolence" / Intended for Tropico
OLD MONEY.mp3 - 2012 demo of "Old Money" / Intended for Tropico
Summertime gpa010_08.mp3 - Cover of "Summertime" in the style of Janis Joplin / Intended for Tropico
What's a Girl to Do (JeffBhasker) - 2011 outtake for Born to Die / Produced by Jeff Bhasker
YES TO HEAVEN JF version 1 - Untagged James Ford version of Say Yes to Heaven

Wait I missed some info somewhere - the "real" Fine China? Is the one we had before not a real version?

5 hours ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

TROPICO
1. Old Money
2. Black Beauty
3. Guns n Roses
4. Lake Placid
5. Summertime
6. Melancholia
7. (I Talk to) Jesus
8. Pink Champagne
9. Elvis
10. Earthquakes
13. Preacher

guys, sorry if this topic has already been brought up and was erroneous, but maybe 11 is yes to heaven?

I’d be more interested in hearing what UVs tracklist was when it was completely finished(confirmed in interviews) before Dan came aboard tbh

Like that’s v interesting to think about

A full album that was scrapped and repurposed.

I also can’t handle any tropico discussions anymore because it’s too confusing at this point :awkney:

10 minutes ago, BlueBentley said:

guys, sorry if this topic has already been brought up and was erroneous, but maybe 11 is yes to heaven?

SYTH was recorded after Tropico was scrapped

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’d be more interested in hearing what UVs tracklist was when it was completely finished(confirmed in interviews) before Dan came aboard tbh

Like that’s v interesting to think about

A full album that was scrapped and repurposed 

I also can’t handle any tropico discussions anymore because it’s too confusing at this point :awkney:

seriously, i'm having such a hard time organizing my unreleased now:icant:

8 hours ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

TROPICO
1. Old Money
2. Black Beauty
3. Guns n Roses
4. Lake Placid
5. Summertime
6. Melancholia
7. (I Talk to) Jesus
8. Pink Champagne
9. Elvis
10. Earthquakes
13. Preacher

my takes:

11 really looks like "Bele Kiss" to me

12 still looks like "Film Roll" to me 

13 looks like "Reader"

image.png

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

@Say Yes to Heaven said that the last one is "preacher"

I don't really see that :derpna: 

It looks like theres only 6 letters, possibly 7 with the page being bent and thats still 1 letter off (also does not look like theres an h there) 

I'd like to see @Say Yes to Heaven write it out though so maybe I can see what he sees

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

3 hours ago, taco truck said:

what are the actual btd outtakes? not just songs from that purgatory period of 2009-2010 lol

What about 2011?

There's 2009 songs that sound completely different to the rest of that timelines sound so I'd think it starts late 2009.

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

What about 2011?

There's 2009 songs that sound completely different to the rest of that timelines sound so I'd think it starts late 2009.

I figured 2011 was when she started really created btd since it came out January 2012 so i wouldnt count it as the “purgatory pop period” lol

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I figured 2011 was when she started really created btd since it came out January 2012 so i wouldnt count it as the “purgatory pop period” lol

Oh I didn't see the "not just songs from" part :air2: