partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

4 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

he literally said Patrick just threw the stems he had together and filled in the blanks

Literally BOZ: "Patrick's available stems of the tracks were seemingly so incomplete he decided to create new production and structure for the songs making complete new versions that were unlike what Lana and Rick originally curated."

7 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

I have never seen anyone think it ever was an album title

dozens of posts on the album process thread directly contradicting this 

7 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

i dont see how anything that BoZ said is contradicted by your post

BOZ "implying" and then later on simply stating as fact without any evidence other than his own admitted vibes that "Tropico" was a concept when Lana herself said she didn't have a concept for the music she was recording at the time until a month later is the contradiction.

8 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

hw final tracklist until she re-recorded the album with Dan? Your arguments are solely based on the fact that Dan is not a co-writer

No one's saying there's not UV outtakes. It's just that the majority of UV was done by Lana's standards when she announced it in December 2013. She simply rerecorded songs she had already written and made demos of in Nashville with Dan. Some of those likely didn't make the cut, but the implication that her and Dan made a bunch of songs (that he would have writing credits on) that were all different than what she was working on is demonstrably false.

yes you're right not everything BOZ says is correct...most of it isn't 

7 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

I think, as Lana fans, we should've known by now that everything is subjective when it comes to her projects/unreleased... she changes her mind every 2 minutes so...

Who knows? Maybe Tropico really was an album and then one day she woke up and said no ma'am let's change it up... that's a really Her thing to do

it's not that I disagree Lana could do anything at any given point. It's just that if evidence exists to the contrary or if the only evidence is "vibes" of what insider "thinks" "must have" happened, it's just fanficiton! And we should label it as such

I don't really understand the point of your Patrick essay, considering 111 confirmed himself that Patrick had made new versions (remixes) of the songs with additional production.

The filenames all had "old keys" indicating he was using parts from the original versions. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, LBcita said:

BOZ "implying" and then later on simply stating as fact without any evidence other than his own admitted vibes that "Tropico" was a concept when Lana herself said she didn't have a concept for the music she was recording at the time until a month later is the contradiction.

If the recent leaked files' metadata was not tampered with before being posted - I fear you're wrong

Some of them do say TROPICO / Tropico Album in the album metadata section which kinda correlates to what I've said in the previous post: she most likely had a Tropico album idea and one day said fuck it and still re-used some left-overs for UV

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I don't really understand the point of your Patrick essay because 111 confirmed himself that Patrick had made new versions (remixes) of the songs, with additional production. The original filenames all had "old keys" indicating he was using parts from the original versions. 

I think what 111 actually said was something along the lines of (paraphrasing) "I never spoke about the process [mixing] because I didn't understand it much myself". Like I said, perhaps Patrick did leak the songs, and perhaps they weren't the final versions. But he didn't, like BOZ alleged, "create new production and structure for the songs making complete new versions that were unlike what Lana and Rick originally curated". The point I was making is that BOZ's claim that they were fake/unapproved/drastically different is just..not real!

8 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

If the recent leaked files' metadata was not tampered with before being posted - I fear you're wrong

Some of them do say TROPICO / Tropico Album in the album metadata section which kinda correlates to what I've said in the previous post: she most likely had a Tropico album idea and one day said fuck it and still re-used some left-overs for UV

if doing a lot of heavy lifting here I fear. what we do know is that Paradise tracklist was still unfinished in June 2012. Finalized in July. Vinyl and CD printing /had/ to have happened in August. Singles released in September. tropico (the film) announced w bel air in November. massive paradise tour all throughout 2013. Tropico video filming done in June of 2013, promotion and release going until December. leaks for UV and confirmation that black beauty was on an album she was working on releasing in August 2013. lots of Ultraviolence tracks confirmed to be recorded in November 2013. December 2013 - where she announces Ultraviolence. I'm not saying it can't be true, but "if the metadata wasn't tampered with (and also if this is the exact original file)" isn't the ...strongest case

45 minutes ago, LBcita said:

This is a myth busting post. Unfortunately, many of these stemmed from one person in particular, hence the title. I fear the damage they've wreaked in the past 3 months starting with one post may ruin the legitimacy of Lanapedia posts forever but, oh well. Sidenote all of you need stop believing everything an "insider" writes /especially/ if it contradicts what you know Lana herself has said.

Myth: Your Girl/Fine China/Say Yes To Heaven demos leaked in 2016 were fake/unapproved by Lana or Rick/produced by Patrick Warren/etc.

Bust: Long version (here). TL/DR - from both a production standpoint and a songwriting standpoint this never made sense, and that fact is only reinforced with leaks from the other versions of the songs now coming out and being largely identical to what was released. Note: the arrangement is the same, most of the stems in each are the same and in the same place, the only changes are those of instrument choice and the stage the song was in (minor lyric changes etc.) Par for the course. Let Me Love You Like A Woman demo and final version drastically different from each other. Same for Lust for Life versions 1-10. All produced by Rick and Lana, none by Patrick Warren (who provided instrumentation, never production, writing, or arrangement). Longer version of this myth bust below!

Myth: “Melancholia” was an album title for UV.

Bust: This came to be established as fact due to Ultraviolence (the song)’s earliest form, a song called Melancholia, leaking. Lana herself stated: “I knew I wanted a record called Ultraviolence and that song in particular stood out to me, so eventually I reworked a song called Melancholia into Ultraviolence.” No evidence that Melancholia was ever an album title. Direct evidence that Lana wanted a record called UV so bad she was willing to rework the lyrics of an old song she liked to be a title track.

Myth: “Tropico” was an album concept.

Bust: This one never made any sense at all, sorry for your notebook pages. Despite the fact that no one knows anything about what Lana was writing on the page or how she organized it, we do have actual facts about Tropico. It was announced as a film as early as 2012 (before the notebook picture, which came in 2013). It was filmed in June of 2013. It was /always/ linked to songs from Paradise (announced as a film with the original Bel Air music video upload.) All the other claims about it were purely speculation (ie BlackOutZone likes attention and made it up.) Further, as late as June 2013 Lana wasn’t “interested in putting out another album”, even though she was writing music. Only in August did she say she was working on a new album, mentioning Black Beauty as being written for it, this album of course being Ultraviolence.

Myth: “Ultraviolence tracklist got changed after Dan Auerbach got involved.”

Bust: Dan merely rerecorded demos Lana had already made and was ready to release. Dan has no writing credits on any song from Ultraviolence except for Florida Kilos. Dan: “Her demos were so good, her songs were so strong that I wanted to get my musicians in who I love and get my sound that I get here with her songs and that’s it. I didn’t want to mess it up. She sang live with a seven-piece band. That’s the whole record – a seven-piece band with her singing live. It was crazy.” "After she played him some of the demos she was working on, he became a fan, lobbying to produce her.” Lana said she thought the record was done in December 2013, and announced it. Dan heard the album while they were at The Riviera in Queens (with Emile Haynie) and told her he thought she was almost where she wanted to be with the sound, but that his Nashville band could get her perfectly there.

See, BlackOutZone is the king of the “idk tho” He loves to present entirely speculative opinions

“so perhaps her original idea was to release the album in 2013 alongside the visuals”

“personally only treat JFK, I Don't Wanna Go, Starry Eyed as Paradise outtakes, but this all remains debatable.”

“it must have only been”

Which are then ran with by him and y’all as fact simply because recently he’s been able to leak tracklists (actual matters of fact).

Even during Blue Banisters he was walking the middle line by making claims that could be verified (but weren’t) and then retracting them (X song is gonna be on the album…jk she changed her mind).

Was BlackOutZone right on some tracklist related things and announcements of recent songs? Definitely, and I’m sure the label connection that traced him to be the source of all these leaks and told him to stop has cut off his access. Does BlackOutZone know literally anything about mixing, mastering, or the way songs got recorded or leaked in 2016, or what the hell Lana was up to in 2013? No, and it’s time for you all to stop pretending he does.

I’m not going to go through all this currently but you’re wrong and right about some of this- nothing you’ve stated in regards to the mix’s of the leaked songs contradicts what we’ve said- and @111 hasn’t  denied it which is quite funny lol

Actually he outright indirectly confirmed it

3 minutes ago, LBcita said:

I think what 111 actually said was something along the lines of (paraphrasing) "I never spoke about the process [mixing] because I didn't understand it much myself". Like I said, perhaps Patrick did leak the songs, and perhaps they weren't the final versions. But he didn't, like BOZ alleged, "create new production and structure for the songs making complete new versions that were unlike what Lana and Rick originally curated". The point I was making is that BOZ's claim that they were fake/unapproved/drastically different is just..not real!

I kinda understand what you mean now but eitherway everything from both sides of the story is soooooo subjective... I fear we will never know the actual facts

I don't really consider those versions of FC/YG/YTH edits because after all they use real stems and the original structure + if no one had said a thing we'd still think they were "real" (whatever people mean by this) and who says a lot of other songs that came from the same type of scamming as these aren't "edits" too?

There's a lot to this but it's a discussion that will never ever end... this is Lana Del Rey and her 🚬's fandom

2 minutes ago, LBcita said:

if doing a lot of heavy lifting here I fear. what we do know is that Paradise tracklist was still unfinished in June 2012. Finalized in July. Vinyl and CD printing /had/ to have happened in August. Singles released in September. tropico (the film) announced w bel air in November. massive paradise tour all throughout 2013. Tropico video filming done in June of 2013, promotion and release going until December. leaks for UV and confirmation that black beauty was on an album she was working on releasing in August 2013. lots of Ultraviolence tracks confirmed to be recorded in November 2013. December 2013 - where she announces Ultraviolence. I'm not saying it can't be true, but "if the metadata wasn't tampered with (and also if this is the exact original file)" isn't the ...strongest case

"Tropico Album" speaks for itself I fear

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’m not going to go through all this currently but you’re wrong and right about some of this- nothing you’ve stated in regards to the mix’s of the leaked songs contradicts what we’ve said- and @111 hasn’t  denied it which is quite funny lol

Actually he outright indirectly confirmed it

10 minutes ago, LBcita said:

yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say I have directly contradicted the idea that Patrick ever decided to "create new production and structure for the songs making complete new versions that were unlike what Lana and Rick originally curated" 1 cause it turned out to not be true and 2) for the reasons I outlined above it just made no sense to have happened in any of the ways he described it. which is why his post at the end contained a "111 correct me if I'm wrong" to which eclipse (again, paraphrasing) said they didn't talk about how it worked because they didn't understand how it worked! which is a great rule of thumb BOZ probably should have followed

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

The Tropico one never made sense to me so someone will have to link all of Bozs posts regarding it 

everything that was said these days by him is in this post http://lanaboards.com/topic/10247-ldr-album-process-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1450373

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

I kinda understand what you mean now but eitherway everything from both sides of the story is soooooo subjective... I fear we will never know the actual facts

I don't really consider those versions of FC/YG/YTH edits because after all they use real stems and the original structure + if no one had said a thing we'd still think they were "real" (whatever people mean by this) and who says a lot of other songs that came from the same type of scamming as these aren't "edits" too?

There's a lot to this but it's a discussion that will never ever end... this is Lana Del Rey and her 🚬's fandom

right, my point being BOZ made a bunch of unsubstantiated claims that didn't really hold weight in terms of plausibility (ie everything we know about not only music production but specifically how Rick produces music at The Green Building) and also because when the so called "real versions" leaking not really supporting it either. Except BOZ made those claims and suddenly tracks are being given a "produced by Patrick warren" tag and tropico/melancholia are being regarded as canonized third albums with no evidence...it's getting silly!

3 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

everything that was said these days by him is in this post http://lanaboards.com/topic/10247-ldr-album-process-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1450373

in addition to whatever's on LB there were also some atrl posts you may or may not have included in there I was also referencing

32 minutes ago, LBcita said:

Except, it kinda is and you are pretty much speculating yourself. 💀

19 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

And I’m still confused by what was supposedly meant to be on the full album version of paradise :xgiggle:

Atleast people should understand that tropico was never meant to be related to paradise initially. 

2 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Except, it kinda is and you are pretty much speculating yourself. 💀

name one song where the Patrick warren version had a different structure than any of the leaked versions from the last week - quickly!

if ur a Stan of blackoutzone? good for you I guess but 1)nothing he said made sense 2)he acknowledged himself it was guesswork and 3) when the purported "real versions" came out they didn't have any of this alleged "new production and structure songs making complete new versions that were unlike what Lana and Rick originally curated" because Patrick is ... not a producer for Lana

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

And I’m still confused by what was supposedly meant to be on the full album version of paradise :xgiggle:

tbh im confused too but it think the rest of outtakes we know of, i dont think there are more songs from these paradise 2012 sessions
and for sure tropico has nothing to do with paradise its 2 different unrelated projects idk who else might think otherwise 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

okay honestly i stayed queit for too long. I am no insider but my dear close friend is, and they are very reliable, i will not be revealing their name cause i know how you guys can get (see Boz, Carcase, etc.) and i would hate for my friend to be treated poorly online. With that said my friend does reveal infos to me cause they know i will not be sharing, but seeing all this misinformation bothers me so much, so here's what i'm 100% convinced the truth is. You are free not to believe it but please do not harass or be rude, i know this is the truth but you guys do you.

Spoiler

3-V5k-Inn-d.webp