Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

this.... made me lose brain cells

people aren‘t ctitising her for using well-established symbols or allegories (no one has issues with black beauty) the issue is that the line uses poor wording and the current fights and association with k/a don’t help in that case as the line can be terribly misinterpreted

i can’t believe she didn’t realise it herself it’s almost as if she wants people to drag her every album cycle at least once.

I guess she thinks it's easier to get media coverage by creating drama than by actually doing any promo. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

"if she was"

exactly

but she's not talking about neither

so she's not racist

end of discussion

stop investing your energy in a presumption and just enjoy the song oh my god

god, I've just said that she wasn't being racist bc it's not about anyone, that's it

Let's leave @@daytonadeath alone and at least acknowledge that "black narcissist" is a poor choice of metaphor. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I've been busy with work so I haven't been keeping up to date, someone pm me the song because I literally don't know if it's called Sylvia or that acronym inferno lmao

Sylvia and the acronym are the same song.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Posted this in the lyric thread:

The Black Narcissus line might be referring to the movie Black Narcissus (1942):

A group of Anglican nuns, led by Sister Clodagh, are sent to a mountain in the Himalayas. The climate in the region is hostile and the nuns are housed in an odd old palace. They work to establish a school and a hospital, but slowly their focus shifts. Sister Ruth falls for a government worker, Mr. Dean , and begins to question her vow of celibacy. As Sister Ruth obsesses over Mr. Dean, Sister Clodagh becomes immersed in her own memories of love.

It kinda ties in with the rest of the song I think, but it could be a reach. I don't think she was referring to Kanye or Azealia.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

49637453_2422367274444511_55593015149854

49829607_2422367281111177_65780001548114

That was my first thought actually but she clearly says narcisist. Anyway depression is in fact a narcisist bitch so you go Lana expose her stinky ass!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

ATRL member FCKNAmbrosia couldn't have put it better so I'm sharing

honestly it's the same metaphor as in Florence and the Machine's song "Shake it Out": 

And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
So shake him off. 

vs

Shaking my ass is the only thing that's
Got this black narcissist off my back. 

Also "black" generally is a synonim for depression in her music: Black Beauty, Get Free. 

And having depression is like facing a narcissist - the more you feed its ego, the more powerful it becomes. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

There's never a dull day on analboards.com

giphy.gif

I actually find this whole discussion dull....anyone who thinks Lana is racist and that the line is referring to a person is an idiot and I wish we could move on and discuss the song

LIZARD PEOPLE

ATRL member FCKNAmbrosia couldn't have put it better so I'm sharing

honestly it's the same metaphor as in Florence and the Machine's song "Shake it Out":

And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back

So shake him off.

vs

Shaking my ass is the only thing that's

Got this black narcissist off my back.

Also "black" generally is a synonim for depression in her music: Black Beauty, Get Free.

And having depression is like facing a narcissist - the more you feed its ego, the more powerful it becomes.

i don’t think there’s any doubt about what lana meant but... as some people and sis TBD already said

Let's [...] at least acknowledge that "black narcissist" is a poor choice of metaphor.

i76mrxw.png