Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Idk/c hate me but aside from Love, the posters, the music videos that we got, the interviews, I think I'm actually a lot more excited for the music here this time around, like its greater from LfL. Oh fuck and SB but .

At least for me, MAC and VB are still pretty fresh, and Hope. I haven't been playing Hope, maybe just like idk 6-7 times, so its all good. HiaB is still a fucking structural puzzle, and gets me happy bc its so fucking gay but still probably has truth to it. I hope Cinnamon is more of an SB than a Cherry

HtD for me's fucking untouchable. It hits too close to home in narrative

Still go back to the Because of You, n My Best Days -esque sound and synths. I'm just hoping the music gets more and more groovier while we're waiting. Surf vibes, too but ofc

And I guess it's actually good she's not giving us anything else, or we probably would've just complained w more reason, so there's a laugh. That and she's probably more aware bc of the LFL cycle so..

Give me groovy, surf, those pink (yellow, orange, violet) vinyl dreams just I honestly can't conretely say how I'm excited, but I still am

UV/Honeymoon

honestly yeah the album should be right around the corner by now. This pre-release is actually a joke and the quality of music she’s making with jack, though superb, doesn’t make this any easier. My enjoyment for the singles is waning too, and HIAB is probably the next single and I feel like I’ve heard it a million times already because we’ve had snippets of basically every part of the song for months now. This is a tragedy. This is literally career suicide but,,,, I still love you Lana

I’ve memorized the lyrics of all the snippets already... it’s sad. welp this is the album guys. time for LDR7! but seriously, with the way this era is going ik feel like my stan care may fade eventually. I love her to fucking death and she’s been the biggest thing in my life since birth, but I don’t know. Mixed emotions over here.

giphy.gif

Yeah I've already over played Cinnamon, HTD is also getting a bit old to me. Like Lana damn well knows we don't have control. I'm just sad cause now I'm moving on to listening to In Your Car so it'll probably die out for me soon and then basically half the album is going to feel out of it for me, like it doesn't belong because I know it too well. This happened with LFL snippets and I over listened to them and then the snippet parts felt out of place in the actual songs :poordat:

When the songs come out it feels so weird to find the already-heard snippets in them, like in higher quality, and not ending the way the snippet did because the song goes on...

ah, okay. I just couldn't find it online everywhere

It used to be everywhere on eBay back in the days but now some people who bought it for a cheap price are reselling it (overpriced ofc) saying it's "rare" and "special"! Crazy..

I've been listening to that Cinnamon -long version- video like almost everyday. So afraid im gonna ruin the full song by the time it comes out. I don't think Lana thinks about how these snippets could ruin our first listening experience :(

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I stopped listening to MAC and VB 2 months ago, didn't listen to the IYC snippet and I havent listened to the Cinnamon one probably since around Christmas, HIADT I did listen to about 20 times but probably only once in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I like to listen to albums in full and if I was still listening to those 3 songs that are probably on the album I would be wanting to skip them too much to enjy the whole album so im avoiding everything until then possibly even any more songs that come out before it.

I also didn't listen to the 2 "country" songs yet, im waiting until she announces the album to listen to them :$

I haven't posted in centuries.

But, I'm not bummed about waiting. I'm just patient, I guess (not a dis, I swear, or a gloat, I swear... I understand being upset about all this, I just can't relate.) 

I think VB, HtD, HiaDT, and MAC are four of the best things she's done, so I guess that helps me be patient. I barely listen to any of them, since I'm also an album person. I just have very little worry about waiting for it because I have a feeling in my gut that the patience will be rewarded with an album so consistent to what these four tracks have insinuated so far. The snippets (most of which I've heard only once) and the country songs (once or twice) all just point to me that we have a great album coming no matter the time of month this year it does. 

I can't wait until the day of album release when I will set aside time to listen to it in full

and have the entire religious experience,

then to have the physical vinyl in my hands with the artwork and credits omgggg

post-NFR i hope she can just make music..quicker

have interscope treat her like the legacy artist she'd rather be, making 10-12 songs in a year then drop them no holds barred, maybe do some shows, maybe a tour if there's demand

i still want surfy glam-rock for her next album, i'd love to see her hit songs with as much lyrical depth and rhythm as older songs like Fast Car by Tracy Chapman- even now if you were to take her song and translate it to Lana you'd have to change nothing because it fits the stories she use to tell before talking about white man cock

I'll say this once and I'll say it again: Lana's lazy now.

She doesn't care about her visuals or her image (i.e. outfits, interviews, candids, selfies, etc) as she did during the BTD era because she was trying to prove herself at that point. She had been fighting for over 10 years trying to make it, and once she got signed, she wanted to build her fanbase and prove her worth and now that she's done that, she's taken a backseat and it's beyond annoying.

Her priorities have changed. It's just not important to her. 

I don't know, I just think it's kinda creepy to demand a woman to slave away at creating extravagant visuals for our own gratification if she doesn't want to.  

this is literally a privilege thing. she made her way to a top and doesn't feel she has to do it again because she has a strong fanbase that is so fickle she can do whatever she wants and gets a reaction. even in her harper's interview she said she doesnt have to promote because she doesnt feel like it anymore then laughs. that's the most privileged shit i've ever read in an artist interview without some sort of comment behind it or explanation. even i don't really care anymore and i wouldn't be surprised if i stopped paying attention to her soon. honestly it's like a joke to me, if you don't want a big promotion tha's fine, but don't ignore it like you didn't talk about for three months straight with excitement then switch to this new hobby of yours which i can't even tell is a joke or not anymore (like is she really gonna be that ho to bring boxes to a bookstore? i don't think so). seriously, just make songs if you want to and stop fucking around. especially when you had so much drive to be in this business and now you don't seem to care. it's one thing to grow and change your mind, it's another to just brush it off like it doesn't matter. thanks.

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

It's 11pm here on Saturday night and I got sad-drunk by myself and I damn wish I had Cinnamon to play a few times and just smoke by the window and feel it. It's selfcare and she refuses to help me

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

It's 11pm here on Saturday night and I got sad-drunk by myself and I damn wish I had Cinnamon to play a few times and just smoke by the window and feel it. It's selfcare and she refuses to help me

tenor.gif?itemid=4946486

like, literally

edit: it's 7 pm so I win

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I can just picture Lana having Marina, Florence and Jack locked in a room binding copies of the book... Every single one of them :P 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day