Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I feel really patient this time around and she can release whenever tbh. I don’t think she’s in the studio changing anything, just waiting for the book publications to be finalized

You have the patience of a saint.

https://twitter.com/disneystudios/status/1103294161346650112?s=21

she liked this tweet, y’all best believe i’m getting my hopes up

New conversation

No thank You....we rather have @LittleMix on the soundtrack for @DisneyStudios

@DisneyMusic

WE RATHER HAVE LITTLE MIX????????!!!!!!!!!?!! 

who even likes them--

I'm-

She has to be 12

giphy.gif

Here's one - admittedly very optimistic - perspective. Traditionally the first quarter of the year (January - March) is when the industry releases films and albums that they don't believe have award potential.  By summer and especially fall (June through November), you will normally see releases that the industry really believes in.  Maybe her label or management see this record being a major Grammy nominee?  Who knows if this is what they are thinking, but I'm trying to come up with explanations for her suddenly getting so cold on social media about this album - after steadily hyping it all fall.

26vMNDz.gif

You know the event she attended last night, where she sang Cry Me a River? People that were there apparently said she had a bigger belly than usual, and she was always hiding behind others on pictures so the lower part of her body wouldn't be seen. Could she really be pregnant??? I've seen so many of you guys make jokes about it, but what if it's serious? That would explain the delay of the album and why she's so slow to make things

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

You know the even she attended last night, where she sang Cry Me a River? People that were there apparently said she had a bigger belly than usual, and she was always hiding behind others on pictures so the lower part of her body wouldn't be seen. Could she really be pregnant??? I've seen so many of you guys make jokes about it, but what if it's serious? That would explain the delay of the album and why she's so slow to make things

I-

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

https://twitter.com/disneystudios/status/1103294161346650112?s=21

she liked this tweet, y’all best believe i’m getting my hopes up

When I saw the Disney post last year, I immediately thought about Maleficent 2, but didn't know when it was coming out. Though she is very busy, i thought it was a long time between the recording of the song and the rumored 2020 release of the film. But Disney posting this week that it was coming in October this year, it brought a very strong possibility for her song to be for that movie. Plus it must be a new one: if you heard the original soundtrack of Sleeping Beauty, except Once Upon a Dream, I don't see which other song she could cover this time lol. 

It's so sad to say this but, for me, Lana isn't legendary anymore. She's not an interesting artist that was known by the world for having a strict vision and an ambitious side to her that made her do amazing things. She's not interesting, productive or creative anymore. She's a random girl doing random things and, right now, I'm pretty sure she's never coming back to what she was before. So sad.

It's so sad to say this but, for me, Lana isn't legendary anymore. She's not an interesting artist that was known by the world for having a strict vision and an ambitious side to her that made her do amazing things. She's not interesting, productive or creative anymore. She's a random girl doing random things and, right now, I'm pretty sure she's never coming back to what she was before. So sad.

There are other threads for these posts. Thanks

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

You know the event she attended last night, where she sang Cry Me a River? People that were there apparently said she had a bigger belly than usual, and she was always hiding behind others on pictures so the lower part of her body wouldn't be seen. Could she really be pregnant??? I've seen so many of you guys make jokes about it, but what if it's serious? That would explain the delay of the album and why she's so slow to make things

Receipts please

Lana is POWERFUL to me. She is one of very few artists I've loved from the minute I first heard them and never got bored of. 

You’re doing a bit too much.

Her visuals are gone, and she’s lost so much inspiration in that department, but her music is as good as ever.

I get what you're saying, but it all comes down to putting people on pedestals. Sometimes they encourage it, sometimes they straight up work for it, but we still shouldn't do it. Admiration is fine -in moderation- but unironically stanning people is just setting yourself up for disappointment. You can't expect people, no matter how extraordinary they seem, to keep exceeding your expectations, to maintain a flawless image and conduct. I agree with the parts of your post I highlighted, but I feel like that's something we should make peace with, because...it happens. It sucks, but it happens. People lose their spark, people give up on things they loved, people change, their taste changes... I wish she would go back to being as amazing as she was 3 years ago, and then become even better, but like, she's only human. She has her issues, her flaws, and her life. I don't know if this is just me losing interest, but I think it's better if we just let her be. She's almost always been a random girl doing random things. Maybe her driven, ambitious, fiery side that made her famous was just a phase.

She will always be an artist, you can't stop being an artist, and she's still very creative. Her music is still good too. I'm one of the few people who are not sucking VB's micro penis dick, but I'm in love with everything else she's put out during the NFR mess era. I love MAC, HTD, Hope, and what we've heard from Cinnamon, IYC & HIAB. I think NFR is going to be great, sonically. I think we just need to...redefine her. And instead of constantly lowering our expectations (which is quite frustrating), we should just stop having any. If helps, pretend she retired. Then every new concept, appearance or video will be a treat, no matter how lackluster.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

hey guys
i'm not active here but i was hoping to get some info on NFR. It's only a few weeks to it's release so where's the tracklist? The album cover? When are we going to be able to pre-order? What do we know so far?

I disagree with you on that one. Especially the part I have highlighted. She still has a strict vision of what an album should sound like. And she sure is ambitious and stubborn, and all of her projects have been incredible (a 13-track album with no bangers and yet produced by Jack Antonoff? Only her could pull out such a project). True, the visuals for this era are disappointing, but it kinda makes sense with what she wanted to do. True, LFL wasn't as «mood oriented» as UV or HM. And yet, if you listen to all albums from BTD to LFL, it tells a grand story. 

She might have lost that «edge» or «it factor» that she used to have. All of the artists that are making music for more than 5 years kinda lose that (you can't be «the hot shit» all your career, new young things will come to be the «next you»). But she has turned the tide continuously and proved she was the real deal and not some puppet of a recording studio. 

On a personal note, she is the only artist that tells so much of my own history through her music. Or at least, that how I feel every time she launches a new project. L relate so much through her music, and she always finds a way of integrating an element that I always loved musically speaking into her new songs. She is still incredible and I love her to death. 

hey guys

i'm not active here but i was hoping to get some info on NFR. It's only a few weeks to it's release so where's the tracklist? The album cover? When are we going to be able to pre-order? What do we know so far?

Lol

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

hey guys

At this point we know almost nothing about NFR tbh. No release date, no definitive tracklist, no cover... We all just hope it will be released sometime this year, preferrably in the first half of 2019.

Lol

help a girl out

At this point we know almost nothing about NFR tbh. No release date, no definitive tracklist, no cover... We all just hope it will be released sometime this year, preferrably in the first half of 2019.

i thought she said march 29th?