Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

nope she said Jack had some chords for her and she was like wow they're too good for me, are you sure you want me to use them? and he said yes. so she did use them.

Yeah, she said to Zane Lowe that Jack had some chords for her he had been waiting to give her and she was flattered but asked him if he wouldn’t want to keep them for himself - so she accepted them. She walks said in the interview she had written what might have been the best song ever. Listening to that interview brought back my excitement a bit!

yea i wasnt totally in remembrance of what she said but thank u guys for clarifying

I swear it's like some of you aren't even fans. Like you literally stan LANA DEL REY. Who's mostly known for making sad, slow, quiet music. She has released  piano driven music in the past that ya'll have approved of (Fine China for example). And not to big ourselves up but, we're obviously all quite tolerent to being patient with music that's hard for others to listen to, i mean we're all interested in art and abstract music so why are we suddenly acting like total locals and thinking just because our girl is releasing poetry and piano ballads it means it's crap?? Im sorry but come onnnnn

the music is gonna be great, like always

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Is it just me, or is the whole fandom fed up at this point? :awkney: I’ve seen more people on Twitter and Instagram asking for the album ever since peroxide became an icon and asked Ben on his insta, fans on Reddit seem to be pretty impatient too.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I swear it's like some of you aren't even fans. Like you literally stan LANA DEL REY. Who's mostly known for making sad, slow, quiet music. She has released piano driven music in the past that ya'll have approved of (Fine China for example). And not to big ourselves up but, we're obviously all quite tolerent to being patient with music that's hard for others to listen to, i mean we're all interested in art and abstract music so why are we suddenly acting like total locals and thinking just because our girl is releasing poetry and piano ballads it means it's crap?? Im sorry but come onnnnn

Some of us just aren’t a fan of the stylistic change in the music.

To me, Fine China is miles ahead of any of these piano ballads melodically/lyrically. Just because she makes songs that are “sad” doesn’t mean it’s good. There’s just something about these songs that make them sound really uninspired to me at least.

Plus, the lyrical cliches this era are bothering me more than any of the lyrics that got heat from past eras. Some literally sound like they were written by a LDR impersonator.

“You don’t ever have to go faster than your fastest pace, or faster than my fastest cars.” :rip:

Is it just me, or is the whole fandom fed up at this point? :awkney: I’ve seen more people on Twitter and Instagram asking for the album ever since peroxide became an icon and asked Ben on his insta, fans on Reddit seem to be pretty impatient too.

I mean, why shouldn't people be annoyed? This wait is absurd

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

To me, Fine China is miles ahead of any of these piano ballads melodically/lyrically. Just because she makes songs that are “sad” doesn’t mean it’s good. There’s just something about these songs that make them sound really uninspired to me at least.

Plus, the lyrical cliches this era are bothering me more than any of the lyrics that got heat from past eras. Some literally sound like they were written by a LDR impersonator.

“You don’t ever have to go faster than your fastest pace, or faster than my fastest cars.” :rip:

Stranger than a stranger teas.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

RT

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I mean, why shouldn't people be annoyed? This wait is absurd

Just saying that Lana and her team can’t be blind to this frustration anymore, someone has to (should) say something soon...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I mean I get it but like fine china isnt that good lyrically

"I wore diamonds for the birth of your baby for the birth of your son" tries to be deep but it doesn't really mean anything

she always had cliche lyrics and lines that dont make sense 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I mean I get it but like fine china isnt that good lyrically

"I wore diamonds for the birth of your baby for the birth of your son" tries to be deep but it doesn't really mean anything

she always had cliche lyrics and lines that dont make sense 

.........................................................................Fine China is one of her best lyrical pieces of all time..........................

I swear it's like some of you aren't even fans. Like you literally stan LANA DEL REY. Who's mostly known for making sad, slow, quiet music. She has released  piano driven music in the past that ya'll have approved of (Fine China for example). And not to big ourselves up but, we're obviously all quite tolerent to being patient with music that's hard for others to listen to, i mean we're all interested in art and abstract music so why are we suddenly acting like total locals and thinking just because our girl is releasing poetry and piano ballads it means it's crap?? Im sorry but come onnnnn

you said it better than i could have

giphy.gif

i doubt that they're demos, since the album is done.

it's done now. she started posting these snippets a year ago. she could have reworked some of these songs completely

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

MAC is lyrical perfection and that's the tea - we know she's capable

Quite possibly her most well written released song. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

She changed her captions on the haiku's to explain them :rip:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuqUWSRjczA/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuqUYokjK5o/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuqUjuXjA6U/

if she trynna convince us that waiting for her album is ~beautiful~ then it's rlly not working sksksks

At least she sounds like Lana Del Rey again, like that seem dumb but there's passion in those captions, she's using her own language again. No more of that "haiku 4 the kids" shit.