Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

guys im searching for an interview that lana did for a magazine where she talks about NFR , she says that the 3 songs that she released are her favourites, and that she'll release few more songs before the album drops ..found it this morning on twitter i think it was for ELLE magazine

https://www.ellecanada.com/beauty/fragrance/article/lana-del-rey-talks-fragrance-poetry-and-new-music

UV/Honeymoon

LfL: spread eagle in the back of a 2014 toyota fucking tacoma with post malone playing on speaker

norman rockwell: alternate reality snorting matcha lines and intentionally putting piercings into ur forehead bc it's an instagram trend

how the mighty have fallen

:lange:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

This might warrant a fucking halt on thinking for some, but does anyone actually kinda like this period? Of waiting for the record? Idk but for me, I kinda like how we're sorta just anticipating that music's gonna come, not even bitter. Lana's trolling the fuck out of us w a present of a poetry book, that ofc we never asked for, but that can easily b flipped to our favor as the coming months pass by. 

We'll have, hopefully (lol) interviews from magazines, radio or w/e. Single rollouts, rapid announcements, and then. Boom, he'll b here, we'll blackout for a good week/ month or two about it, then silence, while we start anticipating what's next. Performances? Music videos? Who tf knows? 

I think it's kinda strange how we've sorta gotten this time to let our imaginations run wild, til we get the actual record. That's like some fucking mental gymnastics there, but it's still something we're allowed to authentically do. Life goes on, and we've got things to do, accomplish and thrive thru, and idk for me, these dead periods, leave me (ofc) wanting more, and it really guides me a bit more to do shit. Like, inspiration bc of a dead zone? It's pretty restful when u think about it. 

I mean obviously, it's gonna dip back to tension and violent impatience thru one medium to another, needing HiaB and wanting to know what the cover'll be like, what new information we'll get and what to wonder about it from, how she'll take my money thru w/e valuable product I deem myself buying, but like damn. It's gonna fucking suck when we've got all answers to the questions we've had. I mean it'll b a matter of perspective, but still. Anyone fast forwarding too? 

TO fucking prevent myself from overlooping overthink, we've got.

- a poetry book to read and view. 

- an album cover to love or despise. 

- a tracklist w the remaining songs we haven't even heard. 

- social media posts to usher in all that new info 

- Lana getting happy at what she's releasing thru however she chooses to express her emotional state during nfr's release

- MAC having that beautiful, majestic, redeeming quality to it as a song, w the lowkey groovy hints to it. 

- VB sounding like a beautiful washed out disney end credit song in vibes, distant but still apparent from how Bel Air's piano sounds. 

- Hope, though muchhh depleted, helps facilitate all the muck within urself through an expression of tears, anger, laughter dk exactly. 

and I'm strangely at peace w that? lol tchyeah Stream Venice Bitch.

.....n-no :headache:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

"Oh my god, my resolution is going so well. So much better than I thought. I was like partially kidding, but not really. Yeah, it’s actually going excellently. I’ve been working out every morning at 10am. That was one of my lame little resolutions. Seeing my girlfriends a lot more, cooking in an Instant Pot. Everything’s great, it’s going swimmingly."

"I’m hoping that [the poetry book comes out] in the next six months or so." 

This interview was in early March. 

Brb necking myself

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Have you guys considered what the music after NFR will be like? We're so preoccupied with it that we haven't really talked about what comes after. I mean, if she's writing songs rn ... I can only imagine ... it'll be all contour kit and soy latte references.

I cannot see how meaningful songwriting can eventuate, but I hope that's just me being narrow-minded.

Also, she never works with females. I know she did the collab with Stevie but that's about it, isn't it? I know it's a male-dominated industry and I'm not saying one gender is better than the other at producing/mixing music, but I'd like her to work with a female on the next album just to see how it sounded.

But she'd probably pick skirtsandsuits and then I'd kms

So far I don’t believe that there’s a next album honestly. I feel like she’s gonna take a long break after this so I think she’s only writing poetry, not music

giphy.gif

it would be a DREAM if she ever happened to explore her pop side with tracks like qod and pl but i sadly doubt that this is gonna happen :-( Lana lost that years ago I don't think she would ever write songs like that again but who knows what would happen after nfr. i'm lowkey scared ngl

Thank u, next

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

"I’m hoping that [the poetry book comes out] in the next six months or so." 

This interview was in early March. 

Brb necking myself

i will now use this picture literally instead of in a joking matter:

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

guys im searching for an interview that lana did for a magazine where she talks about NFR , she says that the 3 songs that she released are her favourites, and that she'll release few more songs before the album drops ..found it this morning on twitter i think it was for ELLE magazine

Interesting. She wants to release a couple more songs before the album and yet she has no planned strategy. I won’t expect many songs honestly other than the lead.

It’s clear though that she has pretty much all the freedom she wants with Interscope, from what I read.

Can she just drop the fuckiny album and do the bare minimum like 2 days of promo which we know she’s gonna do anyway and THEN she can focus on her poetry idgaf just give me the record sis...... I’m so thirsty

the only thing that can make this wait worth it is if the album ends up being a 20+ track HUGE record. ugh. Dreams

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

The fact that I started the 2nd year of my degree on September 29th, two weeks after we heard MAC and VB, and now I'm finishing second year on May 12th and NFR is still not in sight.

I cannot with Lana. Will we have the album before I return for 3rd year in September?

"I like to just put out my favourites and not worry too much about how far it’s going to travel. I think with this record I have the least like, plan, I’ve ever had. I definitely don’t feel like there’s a plan. Or that there needs to be, which is kind of fun. I feel like the music goes where it’s supposed to when it’s not shoved in any direction. "

then why don't you drop the album if you don't care about the charts that much ? i'm so confused 

:scream:  :scream:

Was thinking of how maybe if Lana were to focus on making the vinyls real unique, and more visual akin to the painting/art theme, that she could pull off a hologram of some kind of image off the vinyl kinda like how Jack White did w his record.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iKxP4wxRkMY

Picture disks for the UV box set were beautiful to spin, but. We'd get something crafty and well-playing at the same time

I wish she put this much thought into her artistry still. It’s really sad to see how much her visual artistry has regressed. What happened to the girl who made endless homemade videos, dreaming of becoming a star?

"I like to just put out my favourites and not worry too much about how far it’s going to travel. I think with this record I have the least like, plan, I’ve ever had. I definitely don’t feel like there’s a plan. Or that there needs to be, which is kind of fun. I feel like the music goes where it’s supposed to when it’s not shoved in any direction. "[/size]

then why don't you drop the album if you don't care about the charts that much ? i'm so confused [/size]

[/size] :scream:  :scream:

Key words: no plan

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

ok since we clearly arent getting the album for the at least 4 months lets all take our time instead of ranting on this thread, harassing lionsgate daily for never releasing LIB! 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
do not encourage harassment