Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

And I do get that, I really do. But that’s her personal life. I just don’t see why it needs to be so deep. I guess some might “stan harder” and have more feelings about that but I just can’t personally allow her choices for herself and her life to effect mine. I’m not excusing it at all, she knows her stans are prolly about 60-70% LGBT. She’s fully aware. I hate organized religion as much as anyone else but it’s her life. We can complain as much as we want, the album slowly rolling out or her church choice or her friend choice but at the end of the day, the end result isn’t her running around saying “GOD HATES F@GS”. She’s just doing what she feels she needs to do for herself in HER life. Bc it is her life. And if we don’t let her live it out, she’ll have no material to write about.

And that isn’t selfish, whatsoever.

I’m not saying other people have no reason to be upset either, by all means, feel whichever way you want, I just think it’s petty and shows how bad stan culture truly is if we want her to fail bc of some minute choice (which she probably only goes there bc she has friends who go there)

it is her life, but actions also have consequences and being famous means she influences others by default. she's also in a position of wealth which means power meaning these actions oppress the community much greater than it would if she wasn't rich and famous and 'ordinary' people being this way is bad enough. this also isn't just a church, this is an organised institution worth millions of dollars. they're dangerous as fuck.

people are personally invested because someone essentially condoning that your identity "is not ok" IS personal, it just can't not be. to enjoy someone's work, to spend your money on them, to watch them become ludicrously rich on the back of your support for you to be rejected when you've found refuge in their music. it's hurtful and i just think for most people it can't not be political, not when we're talking survival and trump's america especially

i do understand your viewpoint, however. i just think you're kind of lucky if you can feel that detached from it

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I just don’t see the point of being a “fan” and wanting her to fail. I know your post is sarcastic so maybe you can answer.... why are you all here if you want her to fail? This album isn’t made only for us. It’s made for herself, like UV and HM. I’m just as annoyed and frustrated as anyone else but I don’t want her to fucking fail. I mean... how repulsive yikes

Failure builds character. Endless undeserved rewards do more harm than good. That way people grow stagnant instead of stronger. Actions should come with consequences, that hopefully teach us something.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Lana: Cinnamon~~ in your....

Crowd: TEETH!!!

Lana: Blue jeans, white shirt

Kkkkkk you snapped

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I meant untouchable in the sense that no one could ever compare, she seemed invincible & like no one else. My apologies, I’m shit with words. The nails & the hair, to me, symbolized more than just that - it set the mood for this classic glamorous Hollywood queen who did everything with such class. Idk if it makes sense clearly I’m brain dead :hooker:

Oop- that backfired for miss thing! :hdu:

LanaFlowers dear, you said nothing but the truth :teehee:

I don't know, I've always seen her as a damsel in distress kind of girl. A bit of a candle in the wind (lol), someone broken and vulnerable trying her hardest to stay strong. And I found that very endearing.

I don't know, I've always seen her as a damsel in distress kind of girl. A bit of a candle in the wind (lol), someone broken and vulnerable trying her hardest to stay strong. And I found that very endearing.

And you’re right about that, I saw her like a damsel in distress too but I meant her talent & look were the things to be untouchable. I keep fucking saying the wrong shit this is why lona won’t releas Norman Bates

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

People see her BTD image as so artificial, but it felt so real to me. The person she appeared to be in interviews felt so real, and so familiar. There was nothing untouchable about her. Now she's on fucking Neptune or some shit. She's distant, and detached, and dead inside. Yes I know she's been saying that for years, but now it's like, there's nothing in there anymore. Her fire, like you said...it's gone. And I don't know her. I don't know who this...person, is.

This x 100! My thoughts exactly! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I actually see her as more "untouchable" than ever. The beehive hair, the nails, the pretty dresses...I could literally go get that lol. Underneath the big hair, the makeup, the visuals that I loved, was a girl I felt I could relate to, at least to an extent. People see her BTD image as so artificial, but it felt so real to me. The person she appeared to be in interviews felt so real, and so familiar. She reminded me of actual people in my life. There was nothing untouchable about her. Now she's on fucking Neptune or some shit. She's distant, and detached, and dead inside. Yes I know she's been saying that for years, but now it's like, there's nothing in there anymore. Her fire, like you said...it's gone. And I don't know her. I don't know who this...person, is.

The truth

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

what i think is interesting is how glamour girl lana also had a vulnerability about her, which is i think partly why it was relatable compared to this incarnation. i think coupled with the music, so much of it felt like what it can be to be a young, insecure person finding their way. it's shallow as fuck but like "ok so i'm really miserable and my heart is broken but hey my hair is did and i'm making the best and it makes me feel less like killing myself ok."

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

whoever is going to her next show please make NFR's existence known... that show in nola had maybe 2-3 people shouting about stuff related to it. 

btw make sure to yell sing HIAB bc she almost did last time...

"ok so i'm really miserable and my heart is broken but hey my hair is did and i'm making the best and it makes me feel less like killing myself ok."

i feel personally attacked

what i think is interesting is how glamour girl lana also had a vulnerability about her, which is i think partly why it was relatable compared to this incarnation. i think coupled with the music, so much of it felt like what it can be to be a young, insecure person finding their way. it's shallow as fuck but like "ok so i'm really miserable and my heart is broken but hey my hair is did and i'm making the best and it makes me feel less like killing myself ok."

Okay but me

“I literally can’t stop thinking about killing myself but my eyelash extensions look so good”

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

https://twitter.com/PopDrave/status/1135835409034833920?s=19

Uhmm what is this?

Edit: just found out this of course was a joke, i'm so desperate...

Ahahahaha as if she would put out ANY new songs, let alone gospel ones

Are you blind?

I wrote that when there's nothing left to say, there's nothing left to say and it's not useful to keep the discussion alive

Lets all make a pact right here and now to not respond to any of @@FallingCherry ‘s posts. Thanks @@everyone loves carme

There’s a photoshopped image on Twitter that says Lana is gonna perform at the VMA’s & I literally CACKLED! She’d sit there on a stool & drink matcha juice, say a line from off to the races while her dancers dance & then walk off halfway. To top it all of, she’d probably go in torn leggings & in a Nike jacket while wearing church shoes

Nah she’d be wearing her sparkly boots

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

“Gucci Guilty promos have to have news on the album!”

Promos: has no news

“Steven Klein Cover has to have news on the album!”

Cover: has no news

“The shows this summer have to have some news on the album!”

The shows: has no news

“She has to say something by the end of the year”

The end of the year: no news

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

“Gucci Guilty promos have to have news on the album!”

Promos: has no news

“Steven Klein Cover has to have news on the album!”

Cover: has no news

“The shows this summer have to have some news on the album!”

The shows: has no news

“She has to say something by the end of the year”

The end of the year: no news

this era is a nightmare

I wish she brought back hiding hints about the album in interviews just like she did with LFL, every interview she was mentioning new song titles and talking about the lyrics and sound in general. There was just so much to talk about and speculate about the actual direction she’s going with the new release

i remember the day we got the snippet “stronger than you really are” and everyone was like “well we’ll see her again in a few months” and i really thought y’all were being crazy but i-

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

after liking a couple of posts on here i decided it was finally time to give my two cents on miss lana. funny enough, it was actually my sister who introduced me to her music. i was dazzled by this girl and i could not get enough of her. btd opened me up to so many new sounds and was instrumental in my appreciation of music as an actual art form.

i have so many memories that are linked to her music both good and bad (just like a big chunk of y’all). i’ll never forget the times i went to pick up my sister from college with my dad at night and having born to die play in the background. that winter break when i did nothing but put the album on repeat and incessantly attempt to beat my facebook friends’ subway surfers scores (lol). paradise ep made its way into my ears on a road trip i went on with my mom and sister, and coincidentally it is one of the only days i remember being truly, genuinely, stupidly happy.

the ultraviolence era came around at a time where i was coming to terms with a rude awakening that had hit me like a truck, something that i already knew was there but refused to acknowledge simply because of shame and fear. i know thematically ultraviolence has absolutely nothing to do with sexual identity but it was the album that convinced me that love was universal and that maybe one day i would be able to relate to brooklyn baby; to have a guy feel as strongly as i felt for him, a person that would appreciate me for who i was (with flaws and all) and would not expect me to do the impossible. that someone who would lift me up while simultaneously celebrating my independence, making it feel like it was just us against the world, a match made in heaven composed of two individuals of the same caliber.

2015 is a very tainted year for me, stained by my parents’ divorce and moving away to a new city which meant starting high school without my longtime friends. eventually my sister moved out and got married, making me feel like i had lost my partner in crime. i had a hard time making new friends the first few months, even communicating with my own mother was getting difficult. and yet honeymoon was there for me, almost like a lullaby my own mother would sing to console me after a nightmare. this is gonna sound so childish but sometimes i thought lana was like a guardian angel (:facepalm:) because it was as if she knew i was going through a rough patch and tried to help in her own little way.

even after inevitably growing out of her music, i will always hold lana and her work in high regard. even if i discover new artists and proceed to fall in and out of love with them, lana will always have a special place in my heart. now i’m not daft and i am aware that people grow and change but it saddens me to see how she’s turned into almost a complete stranger with hints of elizabeth showing up from time to time. she reminds me of that one dear friend you had a falling out or just simply lost touch with, and regardless of distance or who they’re surrounding themselves with, you can’t help but still wish them the best in life because of how significant they once were to you. i wholeheartedly apologize for how lengthy this got, i guess i just i held this in for a long time because i was afraid i was going to sound like one of those fans who are constantly complaining. i’m glad to see i’m not the only one who has noticed that the spark that made her one of a kind has partially fizzled out, if not completely.