Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i think not likely. i don't think her label would let her release the album on a Tuesday

Well it depends on who it is. Some artists are allowed to release literally any time they want (I’m not sure about Lana). I could see a surprise album release if she kept it as low key as it’s been recently. Meaning her ignoring it as of lately

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It means fuck all about NFR, kiddos. She's just posting random shit as usual. 

You took that sun graph out of context

Those tweets just aren't that fucking complex

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think we all were joking when we'd get to 2k (tenor.gif) w/o any news but like. HiaB's still closeted, Cinnamon's expiring in the pantry. MAC's stuck in a gay mariner's hymn book. Venice Bitch DID already have kids. HTD's fucking all our asses and no one's given us a towel to clean up tenor.gif?itemid=8196477 H OOOOOOOOOO O    PE ? ?2efthj6.jpg what's that Imma need a refill-x3vfp4.jpg Maybe she expects us to cry a river of tears, styx 2u6jsrq.jpg and sail ourselves to it if so i'LL start but Lana we don't have any dracmaaa 30adqu1.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

I came back to bathe in this collective disappointment and complaining, and I never thought I would say this because I’ve always been against leaking material from upcoming albums but, like, it’s JUNE. And she hasn’t told us anything, the managers won’t tell us much either, it’s lowkey insane that we’ve had to look up answers ourselves (for example, by contacting Abigail Rockwell, making phone calls). I might snap next time she updates Twitter or Instagram, I usually never comment because I don’t see the point in it when she’ll probably never read my comment among 1000 others.

Now I’m gonna go retweet Nockwell’s tweet with SlowGinFizzzz’s post. I’m shit tired of her ignoring us, she better say something in Dublin about the album, even if it’s just a tiny comment like in New Orleans.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ugh. 

I'm so glad we get a 2019 sun graph for Los Angeles instead of any NFR acknowledgement. 

ETA: she fixed the typo from the original haiku on IG. Now says, "civil" instead of "civic"

ETA 2: also deleted the original haiku on IG. And here we were thinking that the typo was deliberate and had some hidden meaning LMAO. 

Forgive her as she knows not what she's doing. 

giphy.gif

This is what bothers me the most, she could just made a tweet in 10 seconds saying "it got delayed but it will be coming soon kids <3" and move on, but the whole situation has been handled so unprofessionally. Whatever, I really don't care that much about her anymore, there's been better releases this year and better releases will come.

Stream Gimme by Banks and make sure to stream III when it comes out.

At this point I think Lana just wants her fans to go away. 

giphy.gif

It comes across like that. 

At this point I think Lana just wants her fans to go away. 

giphy.gif

It comes across like that. 

I- I think in life, one of the hardest lessons we could ever learn is that sometimes, we can't get the closure we'd always would've liked. and that's like, pitting.. it's like, destroying an article of clothing that ya love so much accidentally after a misstep during the wash. or like. getting acupuncture'd when nothing's necessarily wrong. Yeah 

UV/Honeymoon

Long rant ahead. I come in peace.. I promise!!

I’m a longtime lurker and used to be a member of the original message board and I feel like sharing my opinion.

We are fucking spoiled.

We have unlimited tracks. Songs that we aren’t supposed to have and that are worthy of standing alone. We have 6 albums... or 7/8.. May Jailer etc??? I can’t keep up anymore. We can make at least 5 sub category albums with quality material and I know some of us have already stitched stuff like this together.

Let the woman live. Jesus. Who knows what’s going on with her. Did we forget that some dude tried to kidnap her a year ago? That can be pretty terrifying no?

I feel like she has been pretty generous thus far. There are other artists that rarely interact with their fans. This is an emotionally exhausting career x100 - and yeah she chose it - but we choose our emotionally exhausting careers also. Any of you work retail? We turn on the charm for the annoying as fuck customers that supply us a paycheck right? Let's not be that "hehe job security right??" customer. Imagine your needy customers bothering you on your days off? Yikes. We need vacations and time to unwind and so does she.

I’ve never thought of Lana as a “pop star” that puts an album out every other year, but I guess that’s what has happened so far. She hasn't been completely inactive. She just dropped Doin Time & ya'll still aren't happy. Can you believe there are other fan bases that have to wait 10 years for a new album (Robyn), 6-7 years (Fiona Apple). RiRi I need that Anti follow up.....

Trust me. I want another album. I can’t fucking wait. I drop everything I’m doing to listen to new ig snippets. I check this place everyday hoping for news. I want a release date to look forward to also, but let’s not take it too far. Badgering her team, calling her lazy, saying she doesn’t give a fuck about us, and some of the other criticism is embarrassing. Saying we are going to stop supporting her.. really? I keep reading that her music has helped some of you during hard times (me too) and now it's our turn to help her in a way by respecting her silence on NFR. There has to be a good reason & the album will hopefully come out eventually I seriously hope she pulls a Beyonce and surprises us one day.

I get some of it is throwing shade & joking - shout out to whoever made the Lula Del Roe joke haha. I'm constantly cackling at some of the shit you all say!! I'm a fellow Lana Phag and I do live for the sarcastic drama. I'm also not delusional fan that has her on pedestal. LFL was disappointing and the first album I did not buy on vinyl The last music video I visually loved was Shades Of Cool......

AKA, BTD & Paradise are fucking solid. I love most of Ultra & Honeymoon - but LFL has like 3 songs I still listen to & the whole era was kinda just meh. VB & MAC are flawless. IMBSFBSH is so sweet and heartbreaking. HTD... omg. And the snippets like Cinnamon & HIAB... fuck. I've been listening to IYC a lot the last few days. This era has the potential to produce another solid album & I’d prefer that over another LFL. So yeah, take all the time you need bitch!!

In the meantime.. rediscover some of the HUNDREDS of unreleased songs we have. Or better yet, discover other artists that can fill that Lana void temporarily. Send me a DM if you want recommendations of other bad ass female artists that have helped me just as much as Lana has.

I’m a longtime lurker and used to be a member of the original message board and I feel like sharing my opinion.

We are fucking spoiled.

We have unlimited tracks. Songs that we aren’t supposed to have and that are worthy of standing alone. We have 6 albums... or 7/8.. May Jailer etc??? I can’t keep up anymore. We can make at least 5 sub category albums with quality material and I know some of us have already stitched stuff like this together.

Let the woman live. Jesus. Who knows what’s going on with her. Did we forget that some dude tried to kidnap her a year ago? That can be pretty terrifying no?

I feel like she has been pretty generous thus far. There are other artists that rarely interact with their fans. This is an emotionally exhausting career x100 - and yeah she chose it - but we choose our emotionally exhausting careers also. Any of you work retail? We turn on the charm for the annoying as fuck customers that supply us a paycheck right? Let's not be that "hehe job security right??" customer. Imagine your needy customers bothering you on your days off? Yikes. We need vacations and time to unwind and so does she.

I’ve never thought of Lana as a “pop star” that puts an album out every other year, but I guess that’s what has happened so far. She hasn't been completely inactive. She just dropped Doin Time & ya'll still aren't happy. Can you believe there are other fan bases that have to wait 10 years for a new album (Robyn), 6-7 years (Fiona Apple). RiRi I need that Anti follow up.....

Trust me. I want another album. I can’t fucking wait. I drop everything I’m doing to listen to new ig snippets. I check this place everyday hoping for news. I want a release date to look forward to also, but let’s not take it too far. Badgering her team, calling her lazy, saying she doesn’t give a fuck about us, and some of the other criticism is embarrassing. Saying we are going to stop supporting her.. really? I keep reading that her music has helped some of you during hard times (me too) and now it's our turn to help her in a way by respecting her silence on NFR. There has to be a good reason & the album will hopefully come out eventually I seriously hope she pulls a Beyonce and surprises us one day.

I get some of it is throwing shade & joking - shout out to whoever made the Lula Del Roe joke haha. I'm constantly cackling at some of the shit you all say!! I'm a fellow Lana Phag and I do live for the sarcastic drama. I'm also not delusional fan that has her on pedestal. LFL was disappointing and the first album I did not buy on vinyl ☹ The last music video I visually loved was Shades Of Cool......

AKA, BTD & Paradise are fucking solid. I love most of Ultra & Honeymoon - but LFL has like 3 songs I still listen to & the whole era was kinda just meh. VB & MAC are flawless. IMBSFBSH is so sweet and heartbreaking. HTD... omg. And the snippets like Cinnamon & HIAB... fuck. I've been listening to IYC a lot the last few days. This era has the potential to produce another solid album & I’d prefer that over another LFL. So yeah, take all the time you need bitch!!

In the meantime.. rediscover some of the HUNDREDS of unreleased songs we have. Or better yet, discover other artists that can fill that Lana void temporarily. Send me a DM if you want recommendations of other bad ass female artists that have helped me just as much as Lana has.

I feel like the frustration regarding NFR is so misunderstood. We're annoyed because the album is FINISHED and just sitting around not because she's taking x amount of months to write/produce it.

We are fucking spoiled.

I get some of it is throwing shade & joking - shout out to whoever made the Lula Del Roe joke haha. I'm constantly cackling at some of the shit you all say!! I'm a fellow Lana Phag and I do live for the sarcastic drama. I'm also not delusional fan that has her on pedestal. LFL was disappointing and the first album I did not buy on vinyl ☹ The last music video I visually loved was Shades Of Cool......

I appreciate what you're saying but the leaked unreleased songs aren't a sign of her generosity. It's cool that we do have a lot to listen to, but it's not the lack of artists or songs that is the reason for people's frustration. 

locals only

I feel like the frustration regarding NFR is so misunderstood. We're annoyed because the album is FINISHED and just sitting around not because she's taking x amount of months to write/produce it.

Not to mention the release of three singles that increased hype and began what seemed like a leadup to the album that we know is finished. It was a steady enough stream of news and information about the album until the faucet was slowly turned off to the point where we aren’t even getting a DRIP. She shouldn’t have mentioned nor released the singles or information about the album if she wasn’t confident that she’d want to release it (within 6 months.) Take 2016 for example, we were “starved” of new music but it wasn’t that bad because the only info we had of their being a new album was studio pics and the wait didn’t feel dragged out. But now we have singles, snippets, stale information, half the tracklist, and more yet all of that came from september-december 2018 and now we haven’t gotten almost ANYTHING since then. This era is based on rumors now. Rumors that she or her team could simply refute and use as opportunities to inform us on the status of the album. Instead we get one “Not sure when it’s coming x” tweet that wasn’t even on her OFFICIAL account. Oh my god, I am so tired. And I try not to think of the album too much. I cant even imagine those who are in this thread every single day discussing it constantly. I really genuinely feel like if she had never said the album was finished then we’d be more understanding and patient. Of course, we’d want the new music but we’d be expecting a better and more full album in the end. Now I’m expecting the same snippets we already had with little to no updated production. The album already feels a year old when it hasn’t even been released yet.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif