Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

All of Lana's album are grower, but I really think this one will be the definition of it. FIILY, at first, sounded a bit «too subtle» and yet, its melody is stuck in my mind and I only listened to it 3 times. And anyways, I must admit I wasn't that awed by Video Games the first time I heard it. So Love Song, from your comments, will probably be in that vein to me.

Also: why did she rename Cinnamon to Cinnamon Girl? I read the lyrics and don't get it. 

It really is a grower. I could not stand Happiness is a Butterfly the first few listens, but now it's really growing on me. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

All of Lana's album are grower, but I really think this one will be the definition of it. FIILY, at first, sounded a bit «too subtle» and yet, its melody is stuck in my mind and I only listened to it 3 times. And anyways, I must admit I wasn't that awed by Video Games the first time I heard it. So Love Song, from your comments, will probably be in that vein to me.

Also: why did she rename Cinnamon to Cinnamon Girl? I read the lyrics and don't get it. 

She's a girl and she has cinnamon on her teeth. Someone saw the cinnamon on her teeth and was like "Cinnamon, girl." so basically she's a bitch who doesn't brush her teeth.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

People who haven't listened to the leak: the quality is bad, but it's not like 1kbp, wtf, you can obviously hear the melody and lyrics well enough and you can also definetly make out what the production sounds like. Of course you can't hear minor details and the instrumental gets fuzzy and blurry when the production picks up, but you still know that it sounds incredible.

For example:

all of the fucking strings in NFR, all the violins, guitars, saxophone and all that shit, they're all so rich together and the sound is heavenly and you can figure that out even when the quality is bad. If you listen closely you can even hear those intricate production elements of songs like Bartender or Cinnamon girl. You can identify different instruments and differentiate synths from guitars, or strings from backing vocals or the beats and drums, it's not all just a clusterfuck of undisinguishable sounds and Lana's voice over it.

So, yeah, we can definetly make out some rankings, it's not that bad

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

People who haven't listened to the leak: the quality is bad, but it's not like 1kbp, wtf, you can obviously hear the melody and lyrics well enough and you can also definetly make out what the production sounds like. Of course you can't hear minor details and the instrumental gets fuzzy and blurry when the production picks up, but you still know that it sounds incredible.

For example:

all of the fucking strings in NFR, all the violins, guitars, saxophone and all that shit, they're all so rich together and the sound is heavenly and you can figure that out even when the quality is bad. If you listen closely you can even hear those intricate production elements of songs like Bartender or Cinnamon girl. You can identify different instruments and differentiate synths from guitars, or strings from backing vocals or the beats and drums, it's not all just a clusterfuck of undisinguishable sounds and Lana's voice over it.

That’s my problem, I don’t want to waste my time on a leak of the album when you can’t even hear the production well enough. What’s the point??? I’d rather hear it in the best quality so my brain can pick the instrumentals apart as well as lyrics and her vocals

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Agree to disagree, Born To Die and Ultraviolence... I loved these albums from the first listen. I would agree that Honeymoon had to grow on me, but it's right on top for me now. Lust for Life has still yet to grow on me and now NFR... even from the potato quality I can tell that the production feels lackluster and some of the lyrics just don't sound too melodic and kinda cringey.

It really is a grower. I could not stand Happiness is a Butterfly the first few listens, but now it's really growing on me. 

i found myself scream singing the "don't be a jerk don't call me a taxi" part the other day and i was like "oh.... I guess I like this song now"

i found myself scream singing the "don't be a jerk don't call me a taxi" part the other day and i was like "oh.... I guess I like this song now"

Honestly, same except it was the "happiness is a butterfly" part

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

She says the cinnamon in her teeth is from “your kiss.” If you have a coffee at Starbucks and add cinnamon to it, as many do and as Starbucks provides, and then kiss someone, you might pass cinnamon into his or her mouth.

She may have changed the title—or perhaps it was always called Cinnamon Girl to LDR—as a shout out to the well-known song of the same name from the classic rock era by Neil Young.

Videogames had a rich vocal development and a dynamic and beautiful composition and structure, little bridge included. Sorry to say that it's not the case with Love Song. Even if it's not ugly, it doesn't have anything that catches the listeners attention, at least that was the thing for me.

Well I agree about Lana's albums being growers but I don't think that just because a song sticks to my head that I like it.. I mean señorita has stuck I my head.. Do I like it? No :creep:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I finally decided to use my brain and found a leak download. I don't think the quality is that bad, aside from Love Song.

I can't wait to hear Cinnamon Girl in HQ. The production on that one is amazing, especially towards the end where it sounds like a storm.

I actually tried to have an open mind with the new BAR and see it as an updated perspective on the same situation (her relationship with Barrie). But I couldn't do it. That bathing suit line. I cannot.

FIILY is gonna get re-played to Hell and back, on my end. Sofa-king good.

Bartender is honestly so mesmerizing...  :defeated:

I like the title Cinnamon Girl, but I kinda fell in love with In Your Car and don't like the title Love Song that much  :rip:

Happy as the moonshine

all of you who have listented to the album, can you do like a mood chart for every song?

like:

which song is:

Sad

sexy

uplifting

depressed

happy

careless

They're all depressing.

Doin' Time has more of a sexy sound. But the fact that it was included in the album is also depressing.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif