Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Another reason to love MAC is that it's not caked in reverb. I think we have Jack to thank for that...

It was so fucking nice to hear Lana's vocals crystal clear without any intrusive effects :oprah:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

about the whole happiness thing... Happiness, especially when you are 30 and up, does'nt mean that somebody is not sad anymore or is always a happy clown. Hell, we all have shit happening to us, shit that we can't control most of the time.  Happiness has more to do with being in peace with you are, with the good, the bad and the ugly of your past. You try to be a better person, but you accept your flaws as well. You also get that some of your past behaviors were toxic, and you try to get away from those as much as possible, and you own your life choices. Through your mistakes, your learned who you are, and you try to embrace that, and cultivate your uniqueness. 

I believe Lana is in that space of mind as well. When she said that she was entering her blue period, I thought that she was entering a new chapter of her life, one where happy times and quiet times exist: she knows what she's good at, she knows who she can be with without compromising herself, she knows who she is. And she is always a bit melancholic. Not sad, but she likes to question her life and what is around her. MAC is a good example of that. There is a certain sadness to it for sure, but also a great burst of desire and love and dedication to that man. But she won't go to the extremes she went before, as to "deny herself" or let a guy walk all over her (like her previous early songs). Maybe this is the real change in her music. 

But I don't expect her to sing empty lyrics like "I am so happy, so so happy, I smile and all". Happiness is a butterffly means, to me, that happy times can fly away fast, but can come back if you let them. 

(sorry for the essay: I am so damn passionate about her lol)

i love the taylor swift's reference at the end of MAC lol 

jack did that 

loved it too

sometimes i even put RFI to play after MAC

it was meant to be

about the whole happiness thing... Happiness, especially when you are 30 and up, does'nt mean that somebody is not sad anymore or is always a happy clown. Hell, we all have shit happening to us, shit that we can't control most of the time.  Happiness has more to do with being in peace with you are, with the good, the bad and the ugly of your past. You try to be a better person, but you accept your flaws as well. You also get that some of your past behaviors were toxic, and you try to get away from those as much as possible, and you own your life choices. Through your mistakes, your learned who you are, and you try to embrace that, and cultivate your uniqueness. 

I believe Lana is in that space of mind as well. When she said that she was entering her blue period, I thought that she was entering a new chapter of her life, one where happy times and quiet times exist: she knows what she's good at, she knows who she can be with without compromising herself, she knows who she is. And she is always a bit melancholic. Not sad, but she likes to question her life and what is around her. MAC is a good example of that. There is a certain sadness to it for sure, but also a great burst of desire and love and dedication to that man. But she won't go to the extremes she went before, as to "deny herself" or let a guy walk all over her (like her previous early songs). Maybe this is the real change in her music. 

But I don't expect her to sing empty lyrics like "I am so happy, so so happy, I smile and all". Happiness is a butterffly means, to me, that happy times can fly away fast, but can come back if you let them. 

(sorry for the essay: I am so damn passionate about her lol)

I think she is on a state of CHILL

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Although I have high expectations for the new record set to release at the top of the new year, I don’t think it is possible to top UV nor Honeymoon. Those two records are just perfection and I can easily listen to both albums without skipping one single track.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

its so boring and anticlimactic its hard to listen to

I like change... the chorus is cute and makes me feel things.

I can’t stand 24.

Maybe cause when HM tracklist first came out I was hopig 24 would be about... being 24 and messy or dumb or lost or whatever.

I dont know if MA or DBN are real titles, i dont think they are, but i liked them as lana songs and put together a tracklist that I would LOVE for this record

Lana Del Rey - Death By Naivety

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. Venice Bitch

03. Architecture

04. Death By Naivety

05. Bartender

06. Roses Bloom For You (Interlude)

07. Sylvia

08. Marie Antoinette

09. Happiness Is A Butterfly

10. Wild One

11. Cherry Blossom

12. Pawn Shop Blues

13. Yosemite

14. Behind Closed Doors (iTunes Japan exclusive)

I dont know if MA or DBN are real titles, i dont think they are, but i liked them as lana songs and put together a tracklist that I would LOVE for this record

Lana Del Rey - Death By Naivety

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. Venice Bitch

03. Architecture

04. Death By Naivety

05. Bartender

06. Roses Bloom For You (Interlude)

07. Sylvia

08. Marie Antoinette

09. Happiness Is A Butterfly

10. Wild One

11. Cherry Blossom

12. Pawn Shop Blues

13. Yosemite

Okay this has me screaming 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Another reason to love MAC is that it's not caked in reverb. I think we have Jack to thank for that...

It was so fucking nice to hear Lana's vocals crystal clear without any intrusive effects :oprah:

Girl where? MAC has some of Lana's least clear vocals.

Hopefully there's another six minute epic on the new record. Cruel World, The Blackest Day, and Heroin are some of her best work yet  :defeated:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Girl are you sure you are listening to the right song ?

Yes babygirl. Anyone with functioning ears can hear the filter (or the piece of paper she's singing through).