Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm just confuse about the album name... why?

Anyway, better than a motocycle with a head

Why was this necessary?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I am ridiculously excited... these two new songs just feel so raw in such an authentic and mature way? Girl really found her freedom for creativity and I am living for it  :legend:

Also, let's raise a glass to all the meltdowns and drama to come in this new pre-release era.... here's to yet another era of messes  :kiss:  :grinds:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Lana wishes she could be that iconic

The font on that album cover makes me laugh so hard. It reminds me of like a 2006 bad MySpace theme

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don't remember who it was, but a few weeks ago somebody said how cool it would be if Lana worked with Lenny Kravitz (they know each other, after all) and to be honest, after hearing Venice Bitch, I want this to happen even more than before. Like, I'm not even asking for a duet, but imagine a rock-oriented, guitar-driven album produced by him. I know Lana is a rock chick at heart. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

After multiple listens, VB is growing on me slowly but surely

The lyrics have always been beautiful, it's just the length i can't get past   :pft: 

You need to get into some longer songs, these are some classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s-dSoDptVc

Theres nothing better to me than a really long relaxing song.

You need to get into some longer songs, these are some classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s-dSoDptVc

Theres nothing better to me than a really long relaxing song.

Agreed, given the atmosphere in which you are in they can be quite an experience

Will give these a listen, thank you.

R5sPD4M.jpg

Speaking of the length of songs, I just wanted to point out that 9-minute tracks don't necessarily have to be rock songs. Mainstream pop singers can make long songs work very well too, if done right.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Agreed, given the atmosphere in which you are in they can be quite an experience

Will give these a listen, thank you.

Theres a lot of really amazing long songs, one of the best is the first ever live performance of Prince doing Purple Rain which was the version that was recorded and put on the album although I think they cut it down from initially like 13 minutes to about 8 minutes. He improvised a lot of the song on the spot and it's just exceptional from start to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzOgTRtQi0&list=PLUgacBi3kTsRvDGDb9BBPrlG17PWS8ku0

Lynynrd Skynyrd are really good also, although mostly known for "Sweet Home Alabama" their songs Tuesdays Gone, Free Bird and Simple Man are masterpieces and the live versions if done back to back would probably last 30 minutes just for 3 songs.

A couple of my other favourites are "I Am The Resurrection" by the Stone Roses - the album version is about 8 minutes, "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton and "Parisienne Walkways" by Gary Moore the live versions of them both which are about  9 minutes long.