Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

1. Does it really matter tho?

2. Album is in final stages.

3. Release is in 3-4 months, not long enough.

4. She said she's thinking of releasing one more song before the album is released in October which indicates her first thought of MAC and VB being two lead singles from the album.

5. She only planned to release VB as lead single at first, she said so in the interview of how Ed and Ben were shocked of her decision putting a 10 minute song + 'bitch' on the title as a single.

Be happy with what you have atm until full album gets released eventually.

I don't buy it. But could be wrong. Let's see.

Regardless I like the songs - no need for the attitude :)

B/c the songs are getting critical praise and there is now more hype for the album, do we think we'd ever see her go back to SNL? 

that would be career-defining. also it'd be a really special and emotional moment for her and us her fans.

Lana is such a risk taker. Venice Bitch had the possibility of becoming a dull/boring long song, but it ended up being hypnotizing and very emotional instead. Has it started playing in American radio stations? I'm really interested to know how the general public would receive a song like this. 

well so far it's getting universal acclaim from both sides. even friends who aren't fans have told me they love the song. it's really, objectively an amazing track

Do you think there's ever a chance of her performing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl? I'm not rican so I have no idea how it works. I mean she's nowhere near as big as Bey or Gaga but... I'd honestlty... Love it... But she'd probably be nervous af

ZKcaooE.png

Do you think there's ever a chance of her performing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl? I'm not rican so I have no idea how it works. I mean she's nowhere near as big as Bey or Gaga but... I'd honestlty... Love it... But she'd probably be nervous af

umm I dont think she ever will but I questioned myself if she is able to do it and I think she is..the highest note that is necessary  to belt it c#5 and lana hit a c5(belting) during terrence loves you this year in LA to the moon tour kinda easily..I think she could belt c#5 too..concerning on the low notes ,I think her low register has always been rich (even richer now compared to 2012 etc) ..my only concern would be  the way she would perform it

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

umm I dont think she ever will but I questioned myself if she is able to do it and I think she is..the highest note that is necessary  to belt it c#5 and lana hit a c5(belting) during terrence loves you this year in LA to the moon tour kinda easily..I think she could belt c#5 too..concerning on the low notes ,I think her low register has always been rich (even richer now compared to 2012 etc) ..my only concern would be  the way she would perform it

That's exactly the kind of answer I wanted thank you!! I'm trying to learn more about vocal abilities but it's hard. Is it about practising or if she can't sing it she just can't? But yeah I think if she ever does it, or like not even the Super Bowl just at an event (she's a Dodgers fan right why not at a Dodgers match) I would be so happy

ZKcaooE.png

that would be career-defining. also it'd be a really special and emotional moment for her and us her fans.

Agreed. I realize she doesn't do the typical performances of many of her contemporaries, but it feels full circle for her to go back around January to hype the album. She also gets praise for being one of the few (if not only artists) to "bomb" on SNL and actually be successful. 

I wish she’d appear on the cover of some magazine like she usually does to build a hype around her singles/album. Just imagine her with her latest no makeup look and a caption saying “Lana Del Rey – She’s no longer a persona” or smthn  :flutter:

okay so on venice bitch the lyric "life's dream, i'm sweet for you" ....... i heard "livestream, i'm sweet for you" the first time and now i really want that instead.... it's so modern but so her??? ugh i was actually depressed reading life's dream on lyrics genius

About the Chuck videos... I think all the videos for this era will be directed by Chuck. She mentioned the « ongoing series » at least two times on social media. This time around, Lana is working with Jack, a big-ass producer who is not available like Rick was, so she needs to have someone around her to « counterbalance » this factor (like she had a big producer for the videos of LFL era but had Rick, who is closer to her and more available for the production).

And about the single in October... didn’t she say that it could possible not happen? And that it would be a more serious song, so not likely in the tone of NFR, and that maybe she wouldn’t have the time to release it properly? I think MaC and VB are the two first singles, ones that won’t probably play that much on radio but got everone’s attention, but another one, more « radio friendly », will be out in November or December. With a video by Chuck :P

I'm really hoping she does a TV live performance or a Maida Vale session :defeated:

yess I adored Honeymoon Maida Vale session....

Happy as the moonshine

first post

I just need the Marina collab and I'm set.

Aaaaaaaah first page

First page  :bodyisready:

I need this Bartender song in my life .

who cares if any of you were the first to post or whatever.   :thankyou:

OT: i cant wait for this album. i love the new sound shes going for. its definitely a happier version of Ultraviolence.

Why do people not pay attention and make up their own theories.

The singles were released due to the end of Summer, thats all. Not once did she say they were the lead to anything, theyre just 2 new songs from an upcoming album months early because she felt like releasing them.

Why do people not pay attention and make up their own theories.

The singles were released due to the end of Summer, thats all. Not once did she say they were the lead to anything, theyre just 2 new songs from an upcoming album months early because she felt like releasing them.

She did say she wanted to put out another song in October.