Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You are aware that an "album full of VBs" would completely suck up the interesting aspect of VB as a track, cause it would just be one of many songs with that kind of sound and length? I'm here for tracks with a similar production, but I think VBs vibe goes perfectly along with HTD and MACs stripped back sound.

dont know what you guys are talking about but i'm pretty sure that Religion and Salvatore are trip-hop inspired

Religion i can see why, but Salvatore? Girl what

If any HM track has SOME SORT of trip hop inspiration it would be Salvatore, although it sounds more like a backtrack-beat to an ACTUAL trip hop beat. Religion has pretty much classic drums, they just get pretty intense during the bridge

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

It is. Beats in trip hop are usually done carefully and they can do A LOT with a track. A plain trap beat like the one in HBTB might be fun but has a much lower range of effect

Please point out where Rick Nowels has used trip hop beats then?

Being over piano ballads doesn't quite make someone pretentious, especially when they aren't that impressive to begin with. Venice Bitch is much more impressive and forward thinking, both lyrically and in instrumentation, than either snippet. Just thought I would clear that up.

We have heard songs exactly like Happiness and How to Disappear quite possibly more than fifty times at this point.

But like you said, they’re snippets. How can HIAB and HtD sound exactly like the songs we have heard a lot, if we havent heard the full song?

Even VB doesn’t sound that impressive and experimental at first. VB is such a good song because of its development. In fact, VB’s verses sound so much like Taylor’s This Love, but VB is still a freaking genius.

From my ears, both HtW and HIAB sound beautiful so far. Might just be piano ballads, but won’t make them boring songs. And so far, there are like 2 purely piano ballads out of 11 possible number of tracks. That’s a nice balance I fell.

nF70D0F.png

I love me some piano ballads, you can still do loads of things with a piano, like why are people hating on a certain instrument being used  :facepalm:

Like I wAnT aN aLbUm FuLl oF kAzOo BaLlaDs :creep:

I love me some piano ballads, you can still do loads of things with a piano, like why are people hating on a certain instrument being used  :facepalm:

Like I wAnT aN aLbUm FuLl oF kAzOo BaLlaDs :creep:

Same, I really like songs with piano in them even though a lot do sound similar they some how trick you into liking them. I like the one on the recent Nicki Minaj album called Come See About Me, Is This Happiness from Lana, Everytime by Britney Spears even the Chief Keef song Letter is nice to me even though it's a very simple song the piano just makes it good

Piano can be interesting, but in Lana's case it's been the same boring monotonous high school recital piano loop since White Mustang. :lmao:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I love her piano ballads (why are people shitting on Change again?) but I'm sure there will be a few more psychedelic tracks like Venice Bitch. It wouldn't make sense to drop that track along with the album news if it was an outlier.

^ I don't think Venice Beach qualifies as psychedelic. Yes, there are some psychedelic guitairs in the later half of the track but in the main part where she ACTUALLY sings, it's anything but psychedelic... maybe folk?

-

Lana do a music video with an actual plot & storyline challenge. I know the new album is not cinematic like BTD & far more personal but there's no harm in putting out a thought out video that's not just her lip-syncing the lyrics.

^ I don't think Venice Beach qualifies as psychedelic. Yes, there are some psychedelic guitairs in the later half of the track but in the main part where she ACTUALLY sings, it's anything but psychedelic... maybe folk?

-

Lana do a music video with an actual plot & storyline challenge. I know the new album is not cinematic like BTD & far more personal but there's no harm in putting out a thought out video that's not just her lip-syncing the lyrics.

The song would be considered experimental psychedelic. The synths and guitars from about 2:00 forward (that’s almost 7 minutes) is more spacey, psychedelic in a way. The part where she sings isn’t the entire song. I really don’t know why people keep saying “folk” this isn’t folk this is experimental. An acoustic guitar doesn’t always make something folk

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

How many more MV's do you think Lana will record for this era?

You sure "record" is the right word? I don't think we'll get any new material, probably just her doing NOTHING during the video filled with repetitive scenes and her lips moving while she's singing totally different song than the one that's used for the video. I'm done with her if she continues to recycle stuff like she did with MAC and VB. It leaves the impression of laziness and it's stupid IMO. I don't need high budget videos (although I'd love to see at least one for the new era), but she can get a bit creative and at least record herself for the certain song. I said what I said and I'm not sorry.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Imagine: if HIAB is a longer piece like VB and RBFY was the intro or outro. a CONCEPT

also I wonder if NFR could be a rework of BAR. It sounds like they'll be about similar topics at least

But you were so obsessed with being the next Norman Fucking Rockwell

The song would be considered experimental psychedelic. The synths and guitars from about 2:00 forward (that’s almost 7 minutes) is more spacey, psychedelic in a way. The part where she sings isn’t the entire song. I really don’t know why people keep saying “folk” this isn’t folk this is experimental. An acoustic guitar doesn’t always make something folk

It would not. There are psychedelic elements but habe you ever heqrd experimental music? It in fact is quite folky and has this psychedelic element (which is not an uncommon combination btw) but it's not experimental music

But you were so obsessed with being the next Norman Fucking Rockwell

It would not. There are psychedelic elements but habe you ever heqrd experimental music? It in fact is quite folky and has this psychedelic element (which is not an uncommon combination btw) but it's not experimental music

In her book, it would be experimental. She’s never done music like this and she is trying something different, pushing two genres into one song. I don’t know what else would be more experimental than this from her. Since Lady Gaga did some “country folk” record everyone seems to be a “genius” in folk or music genre determination

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

In her book, it would be experimental. She’s never done music like this and she is trying something different, pushing two genres into one song. I don’t know what else would be more experimental than this from her. Since Lady Gaga did some “country folk” record everyone seems to be a “genius” in folk or music genre determination

If you go through Lana's discography from Sirens to A.K.A to BTD to UV, Lana is quite experimental & diverse. If we go by your logic, HBTB would be experimental in her book too & so would Cruel World.

Since Lady Gaga did some “country folk” record everyone seems to be a “genius” in folk or music genre determination

Lol ok, apart from the fact that Joanne was not folk but just some cringy, cheesy and highly pretentious bore I love how stans like to throw aroubd genres just for the sake of sounding fancy. "I love rock music like Ultraviolence and trip hop a la Religion and sone trap shit like White Mustang. Sometimes I like jazz too, like Million Dollar Man and every now and then I get into some more experimental stuff like Venice Bitch." But ok, come for me I guess.