Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

its exhaustinngggg seeing y'all argue about a 30second snippet but honestly its been the same people arguing about the same reasons over every snippet, its tragic to know some of y'all judge songs based on snippets STILL after what we've gotten so far. The sad thing is that i keep reading these posts that repeat the same thing and i cant stopppp so i blame myself for getting pissed at y'all. 

xoxo and hope y'all get little tequila kisses on your aspen gondola 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

I think Sylvia Plath might be the October release. She said it was a stand alone song and "serious and thoughtful"

Which frankly gives me hope that NFR will have some energy and bops (i.e. CINNAMON - which is so so good).

How many snippets she dropped recently? screams I love her.

Do we have any info if there will be a Title track? just curious hehe.

on the zane lowe interview she said the song Norman Fucking Rockwell is about a singer who thinks he's the shit

so far i think she's teased 7-8 songs which is too much

on the zane lowe interview she said the song Norman Fucking Rockwell is about a singer who thinks he's the shit

so far i think she's teased 7-8 songs which is too much

7-8 from 11 songs... this record either will end up nothing like she started or she'll expand it lmao. The way she's still in Studio and she's always like "Ohhh there's this X song which happened in one take just 10 minutes before the label walked in to listen to the full thing. It's my favorite song :)" 

This is gonna be her best album. All y’all judging this off of snippets can leave. Also the MGK collab snippet so far sounds good! I think their voices will mesh well & that it’ll shit on Summer Bummer & Groupie Love

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

giphy.gif

This is gonna be her best album. All y’all judging this off of snippets can leave. Also the MGK collab snippet so far sounds good! I think their voices will mesh well & that it’ll shit on Summer Bummer & Groupie Love

the thing is that this album is looking like lfl 2.0, just a mess of a million genres in one album. i want UV and HM where she sticks to 1-2 genres that FIT TOGETHER

how tf am i supposed to be excited for a folk hip hop album

the thing is that this album is looking like lfl 2.0, just a mess of a million genres in one album. i want UV and HM where she sticks to 1-2 genres that FIT TOGETHER

As the minority who loves LFL, I actually disagree. LFL was messy in terms of cohesion but it a side of Lana we pretty much already saw on BTD and Paradise, personally my fav side of her (the more polished, pop side). NFR already sounds like it's gonna be much more cohesive sonically (the psychedellic guitar, less effects on the vocals). I think u really shouldn't judge so early but I get why u feel this way

If any of y’all gays who messaged Ben Cause Lana to scrap any of these gorgeous songs I will personally make sure the next 5 albums are all trap hip hop trip hop & every other sorts of hop with a minimum of 5 collabs per record with each one being 10-12 songs

We can’t really judge the album off of 40 seconds snippets. The only songs that can be judged are Cinnamon, MAC, & Venice Bitch

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

First y'all say that all the snippets sound the same and you're all tired of piano ballads. Then, y'all say that the album is shaping to be an incohesive mess like LFL just because she's doing a collab with MGK. Honestly I've been here for like two weeks and I'm already tired of y'all whining about the same things over and over again without even listening to the damn record!!!!!!!!! To the people who have been here for years now, how can you handle all of this? Because honestly this is exhausting.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

First y'all say that all the snippets sound the same and you're all tired of piano ballads. Then, y'all say that the album is shaping to be an incohesive mess like LFL just because she's doing a collab with MGK. Honestly I've been here for like two weeks and I'm already tired of y'all whining about the same things over and over again without even listening to the damn record!!!!!!!!! To the people who have been here for years now, how can you handle all of this? Because honestly this is exhausting.

It’s fucking ridiculous. It’s childish. This online twitter “stan” culture needs to end already.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Honestly, some of y'all are Negative Nancys and need to just breathe for a minute. Let's not forget that this album already has 3 of Lana's best songs: Venice Bitch, Mariners Apartment Complex and Cinnamon!

SO don't lose hope... sure, there might be a song or two that's not your cup of tea (e.g. the rap feature) but the fact is, we're getting a new Lana album VERY soon and so far the songs we've heard are amazing.