Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

‪What if with all the poems Lana has been cooking up, she’s planning to make another short film like Tropico. That’s why norman fucking rockwell is taking so long‬, maybe just a theory

Maybe she's too busy attending anti-gay churches or checking into anti-gay hotels

‪What if with all the poems Lana has been cooking up, she’s planning to make another short film like Tropico. That’s why norman fucking rockwell is taking so long‬, maybe just a theory

bless your heart

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I don’t think Interscope is delaying this album. If they were shelving NFR because they thought it was “boring” or holding it hostage until Lana reworked songs they disapproved of, I think someone on Lana’s team would leak this to the media to drum up support for her.

I think the album is 100% complete and ready to go. All that’s holding it up is the book of poems. Just like Lana said, she wants to release the poems then NFR will come. It’s probably taking her longer than she realized to put this book together hence the early singles. Bitch jumped the gun.

I think her “who knows” tweet regarding when the album is coming was her just being cheeky. The book has to be completed (bound and printed) within the next month or two. I’m guessing (please don’t let this be fan fiction) she and her team have a few dates in mind that could work soon after the book is released. And she doesn’t want to release the date on the offchance printing of the book is delayed and then NFR is delayed (even more publicly).

Tumblr

if you're gonna harass the label (which i am all for), what about doing it under the assumption that they've shelved NFR (regardless of the truth)? it's easy to ignore open-ended questions, but if you put the blame directly on them and the onus on them to prove otherwise, i feel like there's a better chance of getting an answer. and if it's really all lana being lazy, i'm sure they'd want to clear their name...just a thought.

I don’t think Interscope is delaying this album. If they were shelving NFR because they thought it was “boring” or holding it hostage until Lana reworked songs they disapproved of, I think someone on Lana’s team would leak this to the media to drum up support for her.
I think the album is 100% complete and ready to go. All that’s holding it up is the book of poems. Just like Lana said, she wants to release the poems then NFR will come. It’s probably taking her longer than she realized to put this book together hence the early singles. Bitch jumped the gun.
I think her “who knows” tweet regarding when the album is coming was her just being cheeky. The book has to be completed (bound and printed) within the next month or two. I’m guessing (please don’t let this be fan fiction) she and her team have a few dates in mind that could work soon after the book is released. And she doesn’t want to release the date on the offchance printing of the book is delayed and then NFR is delayed (even more publicly).

i hate this poetry book more and more with each passing day

it's just the way i feel

I mean, that seems almost as if paradoxical, bc if that were to happen, it would've just happened already. Since idk what's happening exactly just like every1 else here, we can only guess at what's happening behind everything not happening rn. 

My gut tells me it's gone a lot deeper than a lot of people expected things to play out, hence the subtle tweet.  Maybe LFL's promo and sales didn't match up as well as they'd hope and decided to reign in on her again we dk. 

Church yay great I'm not gonna shit on anyone's beliefs, but I doubt that it'd alter the record, seeing as to how the lyrics we've gotten so far seem just genuine, not even scratching the surface like Paradise did.  Is she trying to find new hope? That might warrant a few more tracks to reflect that, but HiaB seems to already have started that conversation 

Best case scenario, she's just adding more tracks, like she's done w LFL, Coachella, Change so on. (But why wouldn't she just say something? - )

Worst case, Interscope's drilling her for real this time, and the record's in their control til who knows tf when. (They'd be losing a lot of money for not releasing it, so it could b just a matter of when) 

that's what i mean tho, if 'no one can control her' for real then she'd do what she wanted and release the album how she intended since she herself said it was done. then again does that mean you're done singing or it's finished??? it's honestly just like she doesn't care because i literally cannot think of good enough reasons that we're not even getting any slight info or updates like it's annoying and rude sis

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

if lana's potential best album was held hostage by a rupi kaur knock-off with the words ying yang printed inside of it im committing arson to lana's several estates

@@Ben Mawson

When MAC first came out it was such a relatable song. It's like we're always on the same headspace and rn I need to listen to what she would say... Bc MAC and VB and all NFR related felt like a typa love she never wrote about and tbh I'm not identified anymore w like, Your Girl, or Yayo or whatever... And i bet she feels the same

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

So Jack Antonoff has been producing for Lana for well over a year at this point and has recently just started to work with the GREAT Kevin Abstract but Kevin's album dropped first? with a whole ass nother record coming out next fucking week?

EntireIdolizedLaughingthrush-size_restri

So Jack Antonoff has been producing for Lana for well over a year at this point and has recently just started to work with the GREAT Kevin Abstract but Kevin's album dropped first? with a whole ass nother record coming out next fucking week?

EntireIdolizedLaughingthrush-size_restri

this is a whole mood, send help to our fandom 

Wig!

153bu4w.png

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

that's what i mean tho, if 'no one can control her' for real then she'd do what she wanted and release the album how she intended since she herself said it was done. then again does that mean you're done singing or it's finished??? it's honestly just like she doesn't care because i literally cannot think of good enough reasons that we're not even getting any slight info or updates like it's annoying and rude sis

That's too true. Yeah, but legend is we don't know tf what's going on so

if lana's potential best album was held hostage by a rupi kaur knock-off with the words ying yang printed inside of it im committing arson to lana's several estates

@@Ben Mawson

Who too feels like they've been victimized by a poetry book fetus ? 

giphy.gif

UV/Honeymoon

Her lastest caption broke my heart... I relate so much to what she wrote :(

I hope she gets enough love and support, one knows what it's like to have nobody in rough times.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~