Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

thats possible. single in may. lead in june-july, release in july-august

Nothing makes sense, there doesn't seem to be any communication between Lana and her label.

The press release we got in January stated that there would be 3 "fan singles" released followed by the lead single at some point. I'm assuming the fan singles are MAC, VB and HIAD... But then Lana told Zane that VB was the lead single from the record. Also in the ELLE interview she said that there were still a couple more songs she wanted to put out before the record.

She told Annie Mac that the album would be out at the beginning of 2019, then we had the whole March 29th situation and then didn't somebody from her team say mid-year (suggesting a summer release). Lana then using her Ms Daytona account to say that she doesn't know when it's gonna come. She made it clear that the poetry book would come before the album since the beginning but then stated that the poetry book is gonna be released in a couple of months?

Lana then said that the album was complete in late December and again confirmed this in an interview in late January. Yet Ben said that she was still recording and finishing the album sometime in early March.

Anyways if we take the press release information as fact then the next song released will be the lead single?

How do you guys think the title track will sound sonically? We have nothing really to go off on our assumptions other than the suggested lyrical content. I can’t imagine it being a soft piano ballad but I feel like it might be?

something closer sounding to Venice Bitch but shorter and with more drums and whispers, This is a somg I look the most forward to

Anyways if we take the press release information as fact then the next song released will be the lead single?

yea i was just basing it off of the interview with Elle Canada since she said she wants to put out two more songs before the album idk i just assumed the lead would be last bc she almost seems to be... avoiding it?

Why are you all saying there'll be news this Thurday?

... Is it because of this post? >___>

Yeah I'm just taking that person at their word. 

I'm too new to know; do people usually just drop in with shit like that and it turns out to be false? Seems like an odd thing to do ... 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

yea i was just basing it off of the interview with Elle Canada since she said she wants to put out two more songs before the album idk i just assumed the lead would be last bc she almost seems to be... avoiding it?

Oh yeah, that's why it's confusing cos her team have already said that the next song released is the lead single, yet Lana seems to be under the impression that VB is the lead or more promo singles are being released.

I'm too new to know; do people usually just drop in with shit like that and it turns out to be false? Seems like an odd thing to do ...

There are no real insiders here... I think that guy is going with his-her gut feeling. Honestly, this time around, psychics were the ones that gave us the best predictions lol.

I think she's dragging this pre-release out (and out and out) because she knows in her heart she has no interest/plan to make any music after it ... I mean she wasn't even planning to do this one ... 

I think it'll be a good few years before we get anything else, if ever. 

She's almost 34 and if she wants to have kids then that can't wait forever, although it's not uncommon for women to have kiddos into their early forties now. She's a real houewife of West Hollywood and that Tesla poem alluded to it, as do all the other poetry references to planting flowers and making a new life, etc ... I think that's the priority

I never thought i’d Say this, but I’m okay with the idea of two singles out before the album. MAC and VB were end of summer, Hope is winter, one new single for spring and a summery track after that, with the rest of NFR sounding very fall to me. It would kinda come full circle in a way: a year in the life kinda of feeling.

I didn’t want that at first, i’d Still prefer the album already out, but I’m okay with that.

Not sure the « I have no plan » will work out like she said though.

I think she's dragging this pre-release out (and out and out) because she knows in her heart she has no interest/plan to make any music after it ... I mean she wasn't even planning to do this one ... 

I think it'll be a good few years before we get anything else, if ever. 

She's almost 34 and if she wants to have kids then that can't wait forever, although it's not uncommon for women to have kiddos into their early forties now. She's a real houewife of West Hollywood and that Tesla poem alluded to it, as do all the other poetry references to planting flowers and making a new life, etc ... I think that's the priority

You can still write music while building new life around you. I wouldnt be so sceptical. Her sound will probably change to easy-going, folky etc but I dont think she will ever stop writing.

I think lead will be the first one, followed by release of 1-2 promo singles

You can still write music while building new life around you. I wouldnt be so sceptical. Her sound will probably change to easy-going, folky etc but I dont think she will ever stop writing.

Of course she can, but what I'm getting at is that music does not seem to be her priority right now, it hasn't been for some time and is unlikely to be for the foreseeable future for reasons stated. 

I draw the line at buying a children's lullaby album, though. 

Yeah Jhene Aiko did this when she was pregnant, she kept making music

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Of course she can, but what I'm getting at is that music does not seem to be her priority right now, it hasn't been for some time and is unlikely to be for the foreseeable future for reasons stated. 

yeah unfortunately it looks like that, which is weird especially cos she said in 2017(?) that she doesnt plan on taking a break since music is too important for her (I can’t find the interview she said it in)

Am I the only one who thinks no lead single will come? She's been saying there's no big plan and just wants to put out the album with not much buzz around it

I don’t think Interscope would let her do that

https://open.spotify.com/album/5QAtkp1tFHsx4JyLxQmWtQ  :troll:

Am I the only one who thinks no lead single will come? She's been saying there's no big plan and just wants to put out the album with not much buzz around it

Didn't the press release from a couple months back say the lead single is forthcoming? 

Nvm it said "first single"

Yeah Jhene Aiko did this when she was pregnant, she kept making music

Madonna and Britney, too, I think, and defs Beyonce, but idk if Lana is very good at multi-tasking; I mean look at this current situation with the poetry/album. 

:thumb3:

I can already imagine the IG comments:

"WHERE'S THE ALBUM, BITCH?!"

"OMG LEAVE HER ALONE SHE'S LACTATING OK?!?!"

"Stop asking for the album and appreciate the pic of the knitted booties. Smh so disrespectful"

There are certain ppl on this forum who seem to have (or know someone who has) psychic abilities. It started out with @@Terrence Love Me predicting something would happen on Feb 22nd or 25th I believe. This was the day when Ben took to IG, called out LB, confirmed Lana was still working on the album, and stated that neither March 22nd nor 29th were the album release date. Then, user Peroxide (rip) predicted we would get news on March 5th I think, and idr what news we got but we def got something. This may have been the day that Lana tweeted from her missdaytona Twitter account. Now Terrence’s mom has predicted that we will get “closure” between now and April 30th, and that the album will come sometime in June. We have no reason to believe this as fact aside from previous coincidences and blind faith. Certain other users have made predictions before (salvatore and mrborntolose I believe), but Terrence, so far has been the most reliable.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I don’t think Interscope would let her do that

I don't think it would make much of a difference whether the next single is called "lead single" or not. Whatever song she releases will probably premiere on BBC Radio 1 or Beats 1, it'll get a cheap video like MAC and VB, and if we're lucky, she'll perform it live a few times; and she's definitely not gonna do any promo beyond that. So honestly, at this point we might as well consider MAC and VB the lead singles.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif