Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

if we don’t get anything next week i’m beating my grandmas ass lana do u want that? so if ur reading this and you want my grandma to steer clear of an ass beating...then u know what to do p8uux.jpg

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

if we don’t get anything next week i’m beating my grandmas ass lana do u want that? so if ur reading this and you want my grandma to steer clear of an ass beating...then u know what to do p8uux.jpg

I better call an ambulance for her

Discussed possibly 1000 pages ago

And we have no way of knowing whether Abagail really knows what she’s talking about, whether she’s sidestepping a touchy situation she doesn’t want to be publicly associated with, etc.

The only parties in the Norman Rockwell camp who can absolutely clarify that are the trustees and their lawyers, and not even they may be able to speak freely if there was a non-disclosure agreement.

It’s not just using the NR name, as some keep repeating, which is no doubt trademarked anyway, as it still brings in millions a year in licensing fees from Hallmark and others.

It’s that NR is associated with traditional, vintage America, and homey values like innocence, first love, selflessness, courage, appreciation, hospitality, trust, love of family, love of parents, neighborliness, grade school, gardening, Little League, etc.

Therefore, the trustees of the estate are very unlikely to allow the word FUCKING to appear between Norman and Rockwell in any public or commercial context, as it would besmirch the name in the contemporary mind and they and the family and descendants would stand to lose millions, and of course Hallmark would certainly object too, and perhaps sue them as well.

So if the album was just called Norman Rockwell and there was no profanity on the album, and the conception of NR was treated fairly and traditionally, and they approved the entire album contents, they might allow the use of the name provided the estate received some cut of the profits.

But they certainly wouldn’t approve the title with FUCKING in the middle, and would also likely withhold permission because of lines like “fresh out of fucks forever,” or, in the past, “my pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola.”

We’ll know a lot more when the album is released, in terms of what it’s called, whether there’s a title song of the same name, or if the album has another name.

The NR estate probably ALREADY objected to the name NR being used in a song that also has the line, “fresh out of fucks forever.”

NR was about a traditional and in some ways, conservative, as you get, and that is still his image.

You have to think in terms of celebrities from another, more ‘respectable’ era, like Carol Burnett, who is still living, still makes a living off her name, and would sue if someone released an album called ‘Carol Fucking Burnett.’ As I said here weeks ago, before her death, Elizabeth Taylor filed a lawsuit against people using her name and image and won.

Someone like Britney Spears might or might not object to an album being released by a popular recording artist called ‘Britney Fucking Spears,’ but she’s relatively of this era. I bet Taylor Swift would never allow it, even though she’s from a later era.

is she even confirmed on any met gala guest lists 

No, but the guest list is always kept under lock and key ... they reveal the hosts, but not the guests. 

The only confirmation will be if she's seen departing LAX or arriving NYC. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

And we have no way of knowing whether Abagail really knows what she’s talking about, whether she’s sidestepping a touchy situation she doesn’t want to be publicly associated with, etc.

The only parties in the Norman Rockwell camp who can absolutely clarify that are the trustees and their lawyers, and not even they may be able to speak freely if there was a non-disclosure agreement.

It’s not just using the NR name, as some keep repeating, which is no doubt trademarked anyway, as it still brings in millions a year in licensing fees from Hallmark and others.

It’s that NR is associated with traditional, vintage America, and homey values like innocence, first love, selflessness, courage, appreciation, hospitality, trust, love of family, love of parents, neighborliness, grade school, gardening, Little League, etc.

Therefore, the trustees of the estate are very unlikely to allow the word FUCKING to appear between Norman and Rockwell in any public or commercial context, as it would besmirch the name in the contemporary mind and they and the family and descendants would stand to lose millions, and of course Hallmark would certainly object too, and perhaps sue them as well.

So if the album was just called Norman Rockwell and there was no profanity on the album, and the conception of NR was treated fairly and traditionally, and they approved the entire album contents, they might allow the use of the name provided the estate received some cut of the profits.

But they certainly wouldn’t approve the title with FUCKING in the middle, and would also likely withhold permission because of lines like “fresh out of fucks forever,” or, in the past, “my pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola.”

We’ll know a lot more when the album is released, in terms of what it’s called, whether there’s a title song of the same name, or if the album has another name.

The NR estate probably ALREADY objected to the name NR being used in a song that also has the line, “fresh out of fucks forever.”

NR was about a traditional and in some ways, conservative, as you get, and that is still his image.

You have to think in terms of celebrities from another, more ‘respectable’ era, like Carol Burnett, who is still living, still makes a living off her name, and would sue if someone released an album called ‘Carol Fucking Burnett.’ As I said here weeks ago, before her death, Elizabeth Taylor filed a lawsuit against people using her name and image and won.

Someone like Britney Spears might or might not object to an album being released by a popular recording artist called ‘Britney Fucking Spears,’ but she’s of this relatively of this era. I bet Taylor Swift would never allow it, even though she’s from a later era.

Dude, parody is considered protected free speech. Trademarks do not apply. This is NOT the issue. We have been over this.

Sorry but my jokes are just going to get worse ... 

Lana orders an ice cream from an ice cream truck and then asks the vendor how much it costs. 

"The same price as your poetry book," replies the vendor with a smile. 

He holds out his hand for Lana to give him $1, but Lana walks away without paying BECAUSE THERE IS NO FUCKING POETRY BOOK SO THERE IS NOTHING TO PAY. HAHAHA. 

Dude, parody is considered protected free speech. Trademarks do not apply. This is NOT the issue. We have been over this.

What is parodic about the NFR name? Nothing.

Wait, why are people even talking about MET?

Wouldn’t she have to leave LA

Alessandro Michele is one of the co-chairs this year so he might make her attend 

Alessandro Michele is one of the co-chairs this year so he might make her attend 

It'll be super sketchy if she doesn't attend, imo. She's the face of the latest Gucci fragrance, Gucci is sponsoring, and both Jared and Alessandro are confirmed as going. 

It'd basically be a snub if she didn't go. 

Cinnamon getting taken off YouTube due to copyright is giving me butterflies

Right? It means someone, somewhere, cares about something. ETA: eh just saw the post above. Never mind, lol

Wait, why are people even talking about MET?

Wouldn’t she have to leave LA

i totally forgot the met was in ny... well if shes not on a plane by sunday then we will know

What is parodic about the NFR name? Nothing.

The "Fucking" constitutes parody, I think, as it's not part of his actual name. 

I don't think it's the issue. I think the issue is Elizabeth and no one else. 

In any case, I think she'd rename the album rather than fight the Rockwells, because even if she were to win it wouldn't be a good look. 

I go on away for a week and we get 2 leaks, a snippet, V mag news and Met speculation. (yes i did read through 30 pages on this thread)

Who wants to take me on vacation for a month so NFR can drop?

EDIT: My bad, the snippet was Now I Just Get High which is from Color Blue, both of which Shazam as Wild One.

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

I go on away for a week and we get 2 leaks, a snippet, V mag news and Met speculation. (yes i did read through 30 pages on this thread)

Who wants to take me on vacation for a month so NFR can drop?

Snippet of what?