Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

It’s a cute song but I’m still bitter about the NFR situation  :crossed:  I’ll shut up for a week, but this is just pleasing sonically, I need a new lyrical content to analyze and new melodies made by her. It’s still a cover, even if it’s great. I’d enjoy this much more if her album-release-thing was more stable.

the only thing that sucks about this release is that now she's gonna disappear AGAIN.

i know she won't do an interview w BBC Radio1 tmrw either because she refuses to 

talk about NFR.  :crossed:

at least she has to come out for her summer festival performances.  :hooker:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

she doesnt deserve the streams

well, she didn't write, produce, nor mixed the song so she ain't getting that much money from this

i've listened to this most of the afternoon and it is great, but i'm defo getting 'ehhhh' feelings about it and i think in a few weeks it'll enter that same ballpark as love for me. lana can do a great bop and the ones on BTD for example still drag me after all this time, this just....doesn't. will always love that she never changes pronouns though cos i think it's super important and one of my pet hates

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I really hope this song's on the album. It's so good. You might think "but then it won't be cohesive", well my answer to that is, Cinnamon! yes, i typed the name in full.Cinnamon's the perfect transition track from the more "piano and strings" side of the album to the side of the album with more trip-hop-y beats and all that. Like, it starts out with piano and then there's the drop. There can easily be a transition from the guitar and piano to the beats of Doin' Time if the tracklist is done right. i've probs said this before but i'm saying it again

qfrWuBl.png

You mean where her vocals suddenly get super clear on the last couple words? Yeah it kinda stands out too much

I was thinking the same. Like the last 2 seconds of the track sound off. I really love the song but I wish they did something else with the ending, like a fade out or something.

Not me wanting NFR news when we just got our first song from ha in four months

giphy.gif

yea ima be honest... call me ungrateful but one cover aint doing shit for me or keeping me fed for the next 4 months. bullshit if she thinks thats what shes doing.