Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I showed my mum her crazy video from yesterday. She was like, "how old is she?!" and I told her and she was like, "that's so irresponsible. Young people will watch that and think that it's okay for them to do that, too." (and then I got the inevitable "don't YOU do that just because she did" lecture). Typical mum comment and I still fucking LOVE that video but ... she has a point. 

Maybe her ego has gotten a bit too big ... and maybe that's why she's ignoring her fanbase  ... idk ... early morning ponderings

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I totally agree, we should do that! ,the ONLY way the FANDOM can communicate with her is with things like that, we should fix a date and an hour to do that , without insulting or any kind of content that can make her feel harassed or anything, if we do this, we'll have to do it PROPERLY so that hopefully she'd answer

it's my opinion

Only mods can use red font

I showed my mum her crazy video from yesterday. She was like, "how old is she?!" and I told her and she was like, "that's so irresponsible. Young people will watch that and think that it's okay for them to do that, too." (and then I got the inevitable "don't YOU do that just because she did" lecture). Typical mum comment and I still fucking LOVE that video but ... she's right.

Maybe her ego has gotten a bit too big ... and maybe that's why she's ignoring her fanbase ... idk ... early morning ponderings

I actually doubt she was driving in that post

@@Terrence Loves Me ask your mum when we’re getting the next single love

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

She was. The car is on the left. She's sitting on the right-hand side. 

She flipped the video, but she was driving. Otherwise her car, and every other car in the video, was driving on the wrong side of the road. 

for anyone who thinks "blue collar Lana" is not a core part of her music and experience -- pls queue up my go-to Lana playlist for when im pissed im broke:

-Velvet Crowbar

-Children of the Bad Revolution

-Queen of the Gas Station

-Trash Magic

-Money Hunny

-Elvis

-Pawn Shop Blues

the good sis used to push a "trailer park princess" shtick. she has spoken candidly ab poverty / addiction / living on the road / beer / etc in her songs since before Born to Die.  are we talking about the very same "Pabst Blue Ribbons on ice" Lana?

i dont think she's being disingenuous with this. i think it's part of who she is.  but hey, fuck the poor right?  let's all just keep worshiping wealth and celebrity while the world burns! who tf am i kidding im on a lana del rey forum

She’s a rich white woman, she never actually experienced poverty

What you’re talking about is the romanticisation of poverty which was a theme throughout her career. She has never experienced that life ergo she her heart cannot speak to it

It’s all fake. When Lana talks about the 50s, it’s fake. When Lana talks about daddies, it’s fake. When Lana talks about gangsters, if’s fake. Lana is fake, to a certain degree, because the name itself is a persona. And that’s largely why she was interesting in the beginning

I showed my mum her crazy video from yesterday. She was like, "how old is she?!" and I told her and she was like, "that's so irresponsible. Young people will watch that and think that it's okay for them to do that, too." (and then I got the inevitable "don't YOU do that just because she did" lecture). Typical mum comment and I still fucking LOVE that video but ... she has a point.

Maybe her ego has gotten a bit too big ... and maybe that's why she's ignoring her fanbase ... idk ... early morning ponderings

Isn’t is a passenger seat? I’m convinced it is.

giphy.gif

I think the Doin' Time cover is nice. Am I the only one?

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I think the Doin' Time cover is nice. Am I the only one?

Yeah you can’t say the album is coming out at the top of the year and then release a sublime cover in late May without any news this era is bs

Isn’t is a passenger seat? I’m convinced it is.

Okay I made this really scientific, high-brow diagram. Took ages. You're welcome.

ETA: she flipped the video, which is why I've flipped the right side of the diagram.

2s7gaz6.jpg

She was driving. Questions?

is it confirmed that Happiness is a Butterfly is the actual name of the song? because in the latest snippet from her insta the caption is "Norman Fucking Rockwell" and i'm pretty sure Lana said she named the record after the song because it was her favorite or something along those lines, which makes sense because she's been teasing it since last year and released multiple snippets.

or maybe I just don't like the name Happiness is a Butterfly.  :teehee:

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

ok well on the topic of fake/non-fake storytelling, here are some stories and personas i would like lana to address on the upcoming album:

- being a contestant on the bachelor

- seducing the guy at the cvs counter as a minor in order to get him to sell her bronkaid without an id to supply her meth den

- the woes of being a starbucks barista and how a mocha caramel frappucino is a metaphor for god and love and metaphysics

- being hopelessly in love with a tik tok star

- getting wine drunk at a pta meeting

it's just the way i feel

is it confirmed that Happiness is a Butterfly is the actual name of the song? because in the latest snippet from her insta the caption is "Norman Fucking Rockwell" and i'm pretty sure Lana said she named the record after the song because it was her favorite or something along those lines, which makes sense because she's been teasing it since last year and released multiple snippets.

or maybe I just don't like the name Happiness is a Butterfly.  :teehee:

she confirmed it herself on twitter

she confirmed it herself on twitter

Recently tho? She changed Sylvia Plath to Hope blah blah blah so it wouldn’t be too crazy.

Also, the stereogum review of Doin’ Time mentions that the reviewer is becoming impatient waiting for NFR. I’m pleased with this. It’s good to know it’s not only us stans on Lanaboards and Reddit that are irked with the wait and the silence.

What you’re talking about is the romanticisation of poverty which was a theme throughout her career. She has never experienced that life ergo she her heart cannot speak to it

It’s all fake. When Lana talks about the 50s, it’s fake. When Lana talks about daddies, it’s fake. When Lana talks about gangsters, if’s fake. Lana is fake, to a certain degree, because the name itself is a persona. And that’s largely why she was interesting in the beginning

I'm laughing at this and idk why

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

good point, she may have "lived it"at one point but it was performative and not out of necessity. think this is one aspect of her that makes me so uncomfortable if i'm really honest

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Recently tho? She changed Sylvia Plath to Hope blah blah blah so it wouldn’t be too crazy.

Also, the stereogum review of Doin’ Time mentions that the reviewer is becoming impatient waiting for NFR. I’m pleased with this. It’s good to know it’s not only us stans on Lanaboards and Reddit that are irked with the wait and the silence.

I mean, she said she knew the record would be called NFR the moment she wrote the title track. Happiness was always titled like that.

good point, she may have "lived it"at one point but it was performative and not out of necessity. think this is one aspect of her that makes me so uncomfortable if i'm really honest

For sure, but at least for me, it’s almost relatable. When I think of my most fetishized and fantastical romance, it’s always a tragic fantasy that involves as much heartache as it does romance. Isn’t that one of things we all love about her lol? Living the great romantic tragedies that only play out in our heads that reflect our damaged inner selves?

I beg to differ

https://youtu.be/JoOKJTTumjE

Although I do agree to some extent a lot of it is fake. BUT don’t be confused that she’s “always had money” her dad wasn’t always rich. She’s talked about that

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

For sure, but at least for me, it’s almost relatable. When I think of my most fetishized and fantastical romance, it’s always a tragic fantasy that involves as much heartache as it does romance. Isn’t that one of things we all love about her lol? Living the great romantic tragedies that only play out in our heads that reflect our damaged inner selves?

absolutely, i mean for a start she really isn't the first to do this. in fact it's quite a traditional approach, which is i think what separates her from a lot of other artists and as you say, why i found her interesting in the first place. she's a dreamer and her 'thing' is escape, she moves through decades and subcultures, some that are long gone and romanticises everything. what's funny too is how obvious that seems as a concept?! others haven't done it like her though. she clearly feels little pressure to be 'current', as others have said it's probably why an indie label would be more suited to her 

I beg to differ

Although I do agree to some extent a lot of it is fake. BUT don’t be confused that she’s “always had money” her dad wasn’t always rich. She’s talked about that

problem here though is the definition of 'rich' which can be very subjective, did she not do this simply because she spent years not talking to her parents?

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

This is not 100% true. She used to live in a Trailer Park certain years ago, so technically she had experienced poverty. His father was not neither always rich. :deadbanana:

Please, get informed before you share your opinions...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: